Park Hours

This had me thinking... we have a 7:15pm ADR for Oga’s at a 8pm park close. Are we able to swing by right around 8pm to take our own pics by Falcon? While on the topic of park closing, how long do shops typically remain open in the parks?

So last time I had an Oga’s reservation after close (8:30 for 8 PM close), they let me snap some quick MF pictures before I was directed out of the land and out of the park. YMMV. By the time I was done with my drinks, the area was super empty. 8 - 8:30 before they called me in was still pretty packed with people, and they weren’t directing folks out of the land yet. People were still milling around, taking lots of pictures, and I *think* shopping a bit? Hope that helps!

Can someone give me the cliff notes on what happening? They are potentially releasing for ADR tomorrow AM? For what dates? And what parks?

Can someone give me the cliff notes on what happening? They are potentially releasing for ADR tomorrow AM? For what dates? And what parks?
Best guess based on previous adr release after park hours were updated. Some believe at least Epcot and MK will be updated through mid June for the extended hours. The release could happen at any time over night. Though it could also not happen. All up to Disney when these are released.

Best guess based on previous adr release after park hours were updated. Some believe at least Epcot and MK will be updated through mid June for the extended hours. The release could happen at any time over night. Though it could also not happen. All up to Disney when these are released.
Ahh I see. Gosh, I don’t know if I want to set my alarm for a maybe. Maybe I’ll put my apple watch on and see if I get a message from TP resi finger! That way I’ll only get woken up if necessary!

Ahh I see. Gosh, I don’t know if I want to set my alarm for a maybe. Maybe I’ll put my apple watch on and see if I get a message from TP resi finger! That way I’ll only get woken up if necessary!
I think it could happen, based on when ADRs were released last week, but I like your thoughts! Very reasonable. 😁.

What are typical park hours for Blizzard Beach in June? Right now has opening time of 11. I’m kind of hoping it sticks so we can have a nice breakfast and more leisurely morning.

What are typical park hours for Blizzard Beach in June? Right now has opening time of 11. I’m kind of hoping it sticks so we can have a nice breakfast and more leisurely morning.

In June 2019 it had a scheduled 10am open every day, from what I can find on other sites that keep that kind of data. In June 2020 it was closed all month. With this being the first time it’s been open in June post-reopening, it’s hard to say whether the current hours posted for June 2021 will change or stay the same.

Just scored Oga's for our day at DHS :flower1: Thank you for this thread! One odd thing - it's an 8:55pm reservation, and the park closes at 8:00. I know you can reserve after hours, but that's a long time - think that means they'll be extending hours until 9:00?

Just scored Oga's for our day at DHS :flower1: Thank you for this thread! One odd thing - it's an 8:55pm reservation, and the park closes at 8:00. I know you can reserve after hours, but that's a long time - think that means they'll be extending hours until 9:00?
No, theyve been doing reservations for some restaurants for an hour after close for awhile. You can still shop, and walk around, but they will try to herd you out of the park, just make them aware of your reservation.

Congrats! :cool1:

It’s been typical for Oga’s to stay open that late after park close - I don’t think that’s indicative of another round of extended hours.

Congrats! :cool1:

It’s been typical for Oga’s to stay open that late after park close - I don’t think that’s indicative of another round of extended hours.
Great, thanks! My son will be very happy to have a photo shoot in the area before dinner :drinking:

Just had another thought - we're at Pop, so how long does the Skyliner run after park close? If we don't get out of Oga's until 1.5-2 hours after park close, it might be done for the night?

Just had another thought - we're at Pop, so how long does the Skyliner run after park close? If we don't get out of Oga's until 1.5-2 hours after park close, it might be done for the night?
This may be true. Buses will be available though until everyone is out. If you really really want the skyliner, you could walk to Epcot international gateway and get on there. I wouldn’t recommend, but definitely an option

So we too were finally able to get an Oga’s reservation for our HS day but it’s essentially at open (9:05am for a 9am opening) and I have the opposite question from the after-hours folks: We’re staying off property and planning to Uber/Lyft to the parks each day. As long as we try to time our ride share arrival for 30-45 minutes prior to official open should we have any issues making that reservation?

So we too were finally able to get an Oga’s reservation for our HS day but it’s essentially at open (9:05am for a 9am opening) and I have the opposite question from the after-hours folks: We’re staying off property and planning to Uber/Lyft to the parks each day. As long as we try to time our ride share arrival for 30-45 minutes prior to official open should we have any issues making that reservation?
You’d have plenty of time. Just remember, parks open 45 minutes ahead of official opening. If you want to take advantage of a low wait ride or two before your reservation, I’d Uber to the Swan by 745, then walk to the park as you’ll be able to get through the entrance faster.

On 4/1 (8pm park close for DHS) I was able to take the Skyliner from DHS to Epcot (through the transfer station) at 9:53pm after wrapping up at Savi’s (I was able to do a quick search of my texts and found the exact time). I remember thinking it looked like it might have just closed and I was prepared to head for a bus, but I asked the CM and he told me that it was still open and would continue to run until after Epcot closed in case I was parked at DHS and needed to get back to the parking lot (I wasn’t parked there, though, so I kinda stopped listening to how long he said it would keep running).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!