Park Hours

Has anyone noticed if the posted quick service hours give any hints to final extended hours?

For example, the week of April 11th still lists HS as having 10 am- 7 pm hours, but Woody's lunchbox on the website lists 9 am - 5 pm. Could this hint at a 9 am open, or just a website glitch? Trolleycar lists 10 am - 7 pm for hours still. For the week of April 4th, both the above list 9 am - 8 pm, which matches full park hours.

Park hours for mid-April will not be accurate right now, as they are not updated until this Friday. Until Disney changes the way they’re extending park hours, I’ll assume each Friday we’ll get a new week listed/updated.

We have a trip coming up in about 3 weeks. I see the park times the week after Easter have been extended but past 4/11 they are still the same early closings. Would I be safe in assuming that they will likely remain the same as it won't be a busy holiday time? Or have they been changing hours only a week or 2 out?

On one hand i like the earlier closings as it actually forces us to enjoy the resort more but on the other hand i do want to maximize our park time. Either way we will be good, just have to firm up dining reservations based on the park hours.
How far in advance are they updating hours now? If summer hours are the same as SB that would be awesome.

I'm expecting hours for the week of 4/11 to be updated this Friday. The Theme Park Reservation Availability Calendar is showing MK and DHS are "sold out" for regular ticket holders and resort guests on 5 out of 7 days that week so I would think they will continue to extend hours similarly. You may find it helpful to review the first post of this thread for more info.

Has anyone noticed if the posted quick service hours give any hints to final extended hours?

For example, the week of April 11th still lists HS as having 10 am- 7 pm hours, but Woody's lunchbox on the website lists 9 am - 5 pm. Could this hint at a 9 am open, or just a website glitch? Trolleycar lists 10 am - 7 pm for hours still. For the week of April 4th, both the above list 9 am - 8 pm, which matches full park hours.

That's an interesting thought, and I have no historical data to say whether it's a hint or a glitch. I'm inclined to think it's a glitch since that's the only QS restaurant I see with those incorrect hours, and the same hours continue every day into May - but others might consider that a reason to think it's a hint. :confused3

I am going back and forth to go early June or dec 19, leaving before Xmas day. What do you all think will be the best longer hours

So.....do you think the posted hours are correct? It has Epcot closing at 7:00, MK at 6:00, HS 7:00 etc. That week is ONLY ONE week after the official Easter Break. Is there hope that those hours will be updated?

June park reservations for Hollywood studios are no longer available for weekdays in early June. If you want to go on a weekend to HS and book other parks, June is still available. If you’re thinking about going in Dec, book a package and park reservations (you can cancel anytime). I would think both will have similar hours but Dec would have better weather. Capacity might be increased and Disney might have more shows/fireworks/restaurants open by then. If you are ok with crowds, I would go in Dec.

Should we expect park hours for June to be extended soon? Would they be extended for all parks?

Last edited:
June park reservations for Hollywood studios are no longer available for weekdays in early June. If you’re thinking about going in Dec, book a package and park reservations (you can cancel anytime).

Should we expect park hours for June to be extended soon? Would they be extended for all parks?
I'd recommend you take a peek at Post 1 to get an idea of when June hours may be extended. @beesly is doing a great job of tracking updates to park hours. I don't think June hours will be adjusted for quite a while yet but her information is best.

I just realized the hours haven’t even been posted for the second week of June. It’s frustrating as I can’t solidify which park to go to (I did book HS for 2 days) and dining, if we want to park hop etc. By my booking window only minimum hours (not extended) will be released.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say how helpful this thread is! Thank you!
Ditto! This is one of the most helpful threads, and I love the sleuthing and analysis that went into it.

Thank you - happy to help!

giphy.gif

I just realized the hours haven’t even been posted for the second week of June. It’s frustrating as I can’t solidify which park to go to (I did book HS for 2 days) and dining, if we want to park hop etc. By my booking window only minimum hours (not extended) will be released.

Unfortunately, that is the predicament we are all finding ourselves in right now. It definitely requires a different planning method than before. My recommendation is to plan as though the park hours will not change, make a back-up plan in case they do, and be flexible.

I'm still a bit confused on what the expectation should be.

I plan on being at the parks on 4/28 - 5/1...do I plan with any expectation or assumption of the park hours based on how they've been extending them as of recent?

Can you tell me the min the update hours will post???? Kidding of course. Just so hoping the April 11 hours get a bit longer.

We are doing three MK days (including arrival day) and we are staying at BLT. Would be so nice to do morning, walk back, eat, swim, homework, eat, walk back for 4 hours. Not sure it's worth the back and forth with other parks, bus times are so hard to plan.

I'm still a bit confused on what the expectation should be.

I plan on being at the parks on 4/28 - 5/1...do I plan with any expectation or assumption of the park hours based on how they've been extending them as of recent?

Until I see a week when they don’t continue this pattern, I expect them to keep extending hours similarly.

Can you tell me the min the update hours will post???? Kidding of course. Just so hoping the April 11 hours get a bit longer.

:laughing: I could be wrong if they change it up this week, but keep an eye out between 11:00-11:15 ET.

We would like to do AK on our arrival day. Our plane doesn’t land until 11am and the park closes at 5:00 as of right now. Do you anticipate AK to be extending hours for May? It would be for May 21st. so not too close to Memorial Day. I’m worried after landing and taking the ME, then getting to the park- we wont have enough time.

We would like to do AK on our arrival day. Our plane doesn’t land until 11am and the park closes at 5:00 as of right now. Do you anticipate AK to be extending hours for May? It would be for May 21st. so not too close to Memorial Day. I’m worried after landing and taking the ME, then getting to the park- we wont have enough time.

I really can't say with any certainty. As I said above, until I see a week when they don’t continue this pattern, I expect them to keep extending hours similarly - but I have no inside information and no other data to use as a basis for comparison. Right now, that week is still fully available to all guest categories according to the Theme Park Reservation Availability Calendar. We have never before been in the months of March/April/May/June post-reopening with increasing vaccine availability and therefore an increase in the number of people who feel safe to travel again - I don't know how to predict guest behavior under these circumstances and I'm thinking Disney doesn't, either - which is why we are seeing last minute changes once they feel relatively certain that people aren't going to cancel their reservations in droves.

That said, even if they did not extend hours, I think you could still get in a few solid hours at AK. The lines tend to diminish toward the end of the day, and there really aren't a lot of rides, so you could probably accomplish a lot in an afternoon. If you don't feel comfortable with that, I would recommend swapping your park days to visit a park with later hours on Day 1, and AK later in the trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter