Park closing, Skyliner from EPCOT to Studios

Does anyone have any recent experience of how crowded the CBR transfer station is in the late afternoon / early evening? We will be parked at DHS and want to take the Skyliner to Epcot around 5 pm this week (high crowd level week).

I've seen some of the Allears YouTube challenges and know that walking is quickest, followed by boat, then Skyliner but these have all been done during peak hours when there is a queue at the CBR transfer station for morning opening times. We have no problem walking, but wanted the experience of the Skyliner since my husband hasn't been on it yet. Although not if we're going to be stuck at the transfer station for an inordinate amount of time.

Also, I've read that it's possible that the CBR to DHS line will be closed when we would likely be on our way home from Epcot (both Epcot and DHS close at 9 pm that day and we will be at Epcot until after closing). How does one know before boarding at the IG to CBR whether or not it will be possible to get on at CBR to DHS? We don't mind walking from Epcot to DHS at the end of the evening if necessary, but if we don't find out until we get to CBR that we can't go any further, how would we then get from CBR back to DHS?
DH and I frequently take afternoon breaks by riding the Skyliner from one park to the other. I can't remember seeing a long line at CBR on any of those afternoon/evening excursions; we just walked from one line to the other and maybe had momentary waits as 2-3 parties boarded ahead of us. As long as the Skyliner is running normally, i.e. not stopped for a thunderstorm, etc., you shouldn't be stuck at CBR for any amount of time.

Hours for each Skyliner route are posted at each station. You can also ask the CMs at the stations what the hours are for the other lines.

FYI the Skyliner generally runs for an hour to 90 minutes after park closing, and since it's a loop, if the DHS line is open to bring guests from DHS to CBR, it will be running the other way, and if you tell the CMs that your car is parked at DHS, you'll be able to ride. I suspect that it's not unusual nowadays for people to park at DHS in order to visit Epcot, and if both close at the same time, I don't think you'll have a problem getting back there via Skyliner.

Thanks! Coincidentally, I was standing in the queue for the Garden Rocks concert when the email notified me of your posting, lol. We did use the Skyliner yesterday, arriving at the DHS parking lot ca. 4:15 pm. We boarded immediately at DHS and had our own gondola. At CBR, there was quite a back-up so transferring took a bit of time and they were putting parties together. We arrived at IG at 4:50, so the total trip from parking lot at DHS to IG at Epcot was 35 minutes.

We left Epcot after the last concert, ca. 8:45, deciding not to wait for Harmonious because had we stayed for that, we knew it would crazy leaving the park. The Skyliner was not at all crowded at 8:45 although we were placed in a gondola with another couple from Epcot to CBR, but then we were alone from CBR to DHS as we were the only ones transferring in that direction at the time. We could see the fireworks from multiple parks as we were headed to DHS and from the parking lot as we walked back to our car, so that was lovely.

Although it took us a little longer "door-to-door" to use that route vs. driving to the main Epcot lot and walking to the American theatre for Garden Rocks, it was very pleasant and nice to enter at the International Gateway to avoid navigating the current crowds all the way from the main entrance of Epcot.

Last edited:
Thanks! Coincidentally, I was standing in the queue for the Garden Rocks concert when the email notified me of your posting, lol. We did use the Skyliner yesterday, arriving at the DHS parking lot ca. 4:15 pm. We boarded immediately at DHS and had our own gondola. At CBR, there was quite a back-up so transferring took a bit of time and they were putting parties together. We arrived at IG at 4:50, so the total trip from parking lot at DHS to IG at Epcot was 35 minutes.

We left Epcot after the last concert, ca. 8:45, deciding not to wait for Harmonious because had we stayed for that, we knew it would crazy leaving the park. It was not at all crowded at 8:45 although we were placed in a gondola with another couple from Epcot to CBR, but then we were alone from CBR to DHS as we were the only ones transferring in that direction at the time. We could see the fireworks from multiple parks as we were headed to DHS and from the parking lot as we walked back to our car, so that was lovely.

Although it took us a little longer "door-to-door" to use that route vs. driving to the main Epcot lot and walking to the American theatre for Garden Rocks, it was very pleasant and nice to enter at the International Gateway to avoid navigating the current crowds all the way from the main entrance of Epcot.
Thank you for coming back with a report of your experience! It will help other folks who have similar questions and find this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter