Park arrival time for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by twirlyjack, Oct 23, 2018.

1. twirlyjack

twirlyjack Earning My Ears

First timer here. Our first day at Magic Kingdom will be on Easter Sunday. We are staying offsite a few minutes away in a house. We have a reservation at Cinderella's Castle for 8:10. Any ideas of what my arrival time should be for the parking lot? Any other advice on leaving in the am in terms of Sunday traffic? I'm trying to figure out do I need to leave our house around 7 to be on the safe side? Ideally I'd like to get there in plenty of time so we aren't panicking about being late, but not so early it's silly. Thanks so much.

2. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

I would leave at 6:30. Do not underestimate how long it takes to pay to park, park, take the tram then either monorail or take the ferry over

Then you have to get through security. Then you have to get through the gate to get in.

Then head to Main Street with the rest of the hordes to head down Main Street to the castle

You may be a few minutes early, but that’s it. You don’t want to underestimate how long things take. Nothing is a few minutes in Disney reality

cassie58 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. stace1214

stace1214 DIS Veteran

Definitely wouldn't leave any later than 6:30. It will definitely be very busy.

5. Toulouse

Toulouse Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them

Staying at a house is probably more than a 'few minutes' away. Disney is massive, unless you're at a house right on Disney property, the closest residential areas are going to be probably at least 30 mins away from the MK gate. As other posters have said, there's parking, tram from parking, security to go through etc.... 6:30 is probably the latest you'd want to leave ;)

Pumbaa_ likes this.
  6. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

You always see places advertised as minutes away. Yeah from the pretty sign maybe

Toulouse likes this.
  7. Toulouse

Toulouse Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them

Yep - at the very least OP should consult Google Maps to see what it says for where you need to drive to actually get to MK, as well as tack on all the 'overhead' for security/trams/TTC/gate + the walk to the castle after gates. Definitely wouldn't trust the 'minutes away' on AirB&B or Vrbo or whatever. After all, 2 hours is 'only' 120 minutes.... truth in advertising! :P

Oh, and being early for a breakfast when there's hardly anyone else in the park, especially if you're never been? That's actually a GOOD thing... it's the best thing about PPO reservations!

cassie58 likes this.