Paris Museums Open?

Z-Knight

DIS Veteran
im not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but does anyone know the status of Paris museum openings, etc... including the Eiffel Tower?

Specifically for SEPTEMBER because i cannot purchase any tickets for dates beyond end of August at either the Louvre, or Versailles or the Eiffel Tower and no one can tell me why not. kid of frustrating that there is no information.
thanks

As far as I am aware, everything is open.
I presume they don't sell tickets far in advance because of the hassle of refunding people if another lockdown happens.

But for the Louvre, I can make reservations for September.

As far as I am aware, everything is open.
I presume they don't sell tickets far in advance because of the hassle of refunding people if another lockdown happens.

But for the Louvre, I can make reservations for September.
Yeah, the Louvre and Versailles just opened up yesterday - coincidentally. The others have not yet (Arc, Eiffel, etc) so maybe they will soon. The Eiffel Tower would usually open at least 60 days ahead (if I remember before Covid) so this longer delay has/had me worried.

I know you are dealing with this for Disneyland Paris, but just be aware that the Pass Sanitaire / QR Code is needed for entry to all museums
Yeah, this one is gonna be annoying. Initially places like Eiffel Tower told me that they would accept the US vaccine cards, but now looks like we have to get official QR codes. Well, they then also said we could get QR codes by taking our vaccine cards to pharmacies, but now we are told they only do that for French citizens, not US visitors. So at this point it is unclear on what we do....France will let us enter with vaccine cards but then no museums will let us in with them, so does that mean we have to get tested every 3 days?! Tracking this as well....very frustrating

Yeah, this one is gonna be annoying. Initially places like Eiffel Tower told me that they would accept the US vaccine cards, but now looks like we have to get official QR codes. Well, they then also said we could get QR codes by taking our vaccine cards to pharmacies, but now we are told they only do that for French citizens, not US visitors. So at this point it is unclear on what we do....France will let us enter with vaccine cards but then no museums will let us in with them, so does that mean we have to get tested every 3 days?! Tracking this as well....very frustrating

I know its not the answer you want to hear but US visitors are not the priority in Europe right now. Here in Ireland the QR code is being used for indoor dining and bars. There will be an App for the restaurants and bars to scan the code. I haven't been able to find any info about what US tourists need to do in Ireland. The US Embassy in Irelands website has not been updated since June. So that means that from Monday US tourists in Ireland wont be able to go to bars and restaurants which only have indoor dining.

I guess its a risk you take coming to Europe now that this QR code is being used for the reopening of society. If there is still no solution by the time you get here, I guess it will be on a case by case basis that you will be allowed into places, that some places might accept your CDC card with no QR and some places may not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter