• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

parasailing at CC

Verandah Man said:
I just looked in my DCL Excursion booklet and it states: Guests must be at least 8 years of age and weigh more than 90 lbs., but not exceed 375 lbs. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.

ah, ok... but shh, don't tell hubby, I told him 350 to tandem so he's losing a little weight. ;)

I chickened out last time and didn't do the parasailing. Seriously thinking about it for our next cruise, the pictures are amazing! Is there an experienced person on the tour that you can go tandem with? Or can you only go tandem with each other?

tynkerbell said:
ah, ok... but shh, don't tell hubby, I told him 350 to tandem so he's losing a little weight. ;)

OK, mums the word!!! ;)

I wear contact lenses, should I wear goggles? I have never been on a cruise or done parasailing. This is my own mothers day gift.

I wear glasses and I kept mine on for the entire time without any problem. From what I saw in our boat, those of us that there were dunked, the water only went as far as our waist. Since I went tandem with my DD, she was in the front, she was dunked about up to her waist, but the water only got to about my knees.

mamaof2 said:
I wear contact lenses, should I wear goggles? I have never been on a cruise or done parasailing. This is my own mothers day gift.
I wore my contacts without any problems...it's not very windy up there ~ just very peacful and not wild. You should be fine with contacts on.

My daughter (11) and I are going to do this in June. She has wanted to do it for a long time and we did not do it on our last cruise in 2004. How can I get out of it now that we have been and know how to make reservations early -not. So, we are scheduled and I have to do it. I am scared to death :earseek: but can't let her know or she will back out because I am scared. We of course do not want to be dunked!!!

:rolleyes1

Just a comment because I don't see anyone else mentioning it.

You can request single or tandem, but the captain makes the final decision!! If someone is too light, or too heavy, the captain will tell you for safety reasons you must go tandem or single. Guessing the 375 (350) is total weight, but I don't kow that for 100% sure.

When we went in Jan, it was 2 couples, and a Dad with his son. The Dad was making grumblings about having to pay full price for only a tandem ride. His son was pretty slight and I know from our first experience, that's probably why the captain made that decision. After a while, he figured out that we all got a longer ride since we only had a total of 4 rides for 6 people.

Also, I've never done parasailing anywhere but CC, but the safety precautions they take make me VERY comfortable!!

lmok said:
My daughter (11) and I are going to do this in June. She has wanted to do it for a long time and we did not do it on our last cruise in 2004. How can I get out of it now that we have been and know how to make reservations early -not. So, we are scheduled and I have to do it. I am scared to death :earseek: but can't let her know or she will back out because I am scared. We of course do not want to be dunked!!!

:rolleyes1

You will be amazed at how you like it! Just be sure to let the guys know you don't want to be dunked. They are very good about making you FEEL safe and KEEPING you safe.

I will tell you, though, if you are loud about dunking other people, you better hope you're already done!! :goodvibes The first trip, I was the first to go up and my dh told me after we got done that the guys were taking bets about dunking me. My dh said no, but another guy was all "Oh yeah, dunk her, dunk her". I didn't get dunked, but guess who did!!! :rotfl2:

What goes around comes around!!! Also, if the weather is chilly, probably no one will get dunked unless they REALLY ask for it!

cepmom said:
I wore my contacts without any problems...it's not very windy up there ~ just very peacful and not wild. You should be fine with contacts on.
for the answer. I am looking forward to parasailing- it will be my 1st time on a cruise also. I am so excited!!! YAY!!!

how many parasailors do they have on the boat at a time? and how do you pre-book for this (or other CC) activities? can it be done before you board the ship?

I think we had about 12 people in our group that went parasailing. If you do the parasailing excursion on CC you can pre-book before you get on the ship, you just have to wait until the excursion bookings open up.

Does anyone know approx. how much time each boat would be out if you had 12 people on your boat. I'm tring to plan since my other daughter will be in Scuttle Cove.

:goodvibes

lmok said:
Does anyone know approx. how much time each boat would be out if you had 12 people on your boat. I'm tring to plan since my other daughter will be in Scuttle Cove.

:goodvibes

You should plan on being on the boat about one hour.

Verandah Man said:
Can you please tell me about how much I should tip the parasailing crew.
Its my first time doing something this insane.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Verandah Man said:

Yikes
I had planned on stopping and watching DH , but if I have to wait an hour, Serenity bay is calling my name !

Is it best to book am or pm? We will be @ castaway cay in early August.

;)

We did our first parasailing last Saturday on CC. Although my wife and I planned on going up separately, the captain on the boat thought she was too small to go alone since the winds were rather strong. So we went tandem...and I didn't think until just now that, together, we would be over the 375 pound mark. So I guess that's just an arbitrary number; we had no trouble being lifted and they certainly never weighed us or even asked how much anyone weighed.
That said, we loved it! No skill necessary, no athletic ability needed. Just a gentle rise off the boat and a beautiful, quiet soar over that turquoise water. There were eight passengers on our boat and two crew members. Everyone on our trip went tandem. Highly recommended. Didn't get a drop of water on me.

was thinking of bringing two cameras for this excursion. cuz of our dunking, one underwater disposable to bring up in the air with us. and one digital camera to pass to someone on the boat to take a picture of us in the air.

but would that be ok or will the digital be too much of a risk to bring and pass along? worried that it'll get wet on the boat due to rough waves or rough ride?!?

is the flight 5-7 minutes like it stated?

disney_imagineer said:
was thinking of bringing two cameras for this excursion. cuz of our dunking, one underwater disposable to bring up in the air with us. and one digital camera to pass to someone on the boat to take a picture of us in the air.

but would that be ok or will the digital be too much of a risk to bring and pass along? worried that it'll get wet on the boat due to rough waves or rough ride?!?

is the flight 5-7 minutes like it stated?

this is what we did....I bought some disposable underwater cameras and we each brought one up with us. My digital camera stayed on the boat and either Dh or I took pictures of the others in the air. It did not get wet ~ we did not have a rough boat ride. I suppose it could if the water was rough though.

I do think the ride was about 5 - 7 minutes or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter