parasailing at CC

disney_imagineer

Mouseketeer
for those lucky folks who have parasailed at castaway cay, i have questions:

1. how'd you like it? was it worth the cost for 5 minutes of air time???

2. when going as doubles, are the two people side-by-side or tandem (front and back of each other)?

3. do they bring you down and dunk or dip your feet all the time? or do you request that added fun?

thanks! i'm a newbie and looking forward to my first DCL trip this year!!!

disney_imagineer said:
for those lucky folks who have parasailed at castaway cay, i have questions:

1. how'd you like it? was it worth the cost for 5 minutes of air time???

2. when going as doubles, are the two people side-by-side or tandem (front and back of each other)?

3. do they bring you down and dunk or dip your feet all the time? or do you request that added fun?

thanks! i'm a newbie and looking forward to my first DCL trip this year!!!

1. My DD(12 at the time) and I enjoyed our flight on CC, and yes I thought it was dollars well spent for something that we had never done before.

2. We were tandem, DD was in the front and I was in the back.

3. My DD and I got dunked, we didn't ask for it, but we sure did think it was fun to be dunked. Only one lady on our excursion asked not to be dunked, the rest of us were all dunked.

We went last August and had a great time. It was me, DH, DD15 and DD8. DD8 and DH went tandem, she was in front. I have no regrets about spending the $$...but we don't plan on doing it again next time...I think once was enough.

None of the people on the boat we were on got dunked, so it probably depends on the group you go out with. There were two boats doing the parasailing when we went.

Does tandem and single cost the same? I was surprised to hear my wife say that she wanted to try it next time.

I believe it is a per person cost, so a couple going tandem would cost the same as 2 individual.

I see that someone mentioned that you are on a boat. Do you take off from the boat up into the air? Or from land? My DH and DD (10) are going to go tandem and I'm hoping that they take off from a boat. (nervous Mom :rolleyes: here). I've seen way too many "America's Funniest Videos" where the poor parasailer starts off on the beach and ends up face first in the sand! :sad1:

Thanks!

mikerry ~
yup ~ you take off and land on the boat itself. It was very easy ~ didn't require any skill at all (which is good because I'm lacking in that area ;) )

I parasailed once in Cancun where you had to take off and land on the beach and I was so scared I would smash into a tree or a hotel or something!!

mikerry said:
I see that someone mentioned that you are on a boat. Do you take off from the boat up into the air? Or from land? My DH and DD (10) are going to go tandem and I'm hoping that they take off from a boat. (nervous Mom :rolleyes: here). I've seen way too many "America's Funniest Videos" where the poor parasailer starts off on the beach and ends up face first in the sand! :sad1:

Thanks!

Ditto! Remember the woman on AFV (she was slightly larger, like myself) who was dragged on the beach towards the water? DH said he could see me doing the same thing. :rolleyes: I still lol even when I think about it! :lmao:

so to guarentee the fun of getting wet, is it best to inform the boat crew? i don't want to make a formal request out loud because i want to surprise the girlfriend. but yet, want to make sure we get a dunking. :rotfl: any sneaky thoughts? :stir:

disney_imagineer said:
so to guarentee the fun of getting wet, is it best to inform the boat crew? i don't want to make a formal request out loud because i want to surprise the girlfriend. but yet, want to make sure we get a dunking. :rotfl: any sneaky thoughts? :stir:

Make your request known to the excursion operator on the boat, that's what one man did on our boat, and we all agreed to be dunked but the one woman that went up by herself. I saw on the DCL website that the parasailing at CC has been increased to 75.00 per person, but to me it is still worth the $$ to do it at least once.

Have fun and enjoy your flight!!!

1. I loved going parasailing while in CC. The view was amazing. I think it was worth the money at least one time!
2. The people who went double were sitting front and back.
3. I was asked if I wanted to get wet.

If you want pics of your experience take a water camera with you. My husband (who would not parasail EVER!) was not allowed on the boat so you could ask someone who is on to take pics for you.

Another fun thing to do on CC is the banana boat ride. Wouldn't recommend if you have back problems as its a rough ride, but wow it provided alot of laughs.

Ok, what about weight restrictions for going tandem? If I work up the nerve to parasail, I would want either dh or ds to go with me (live together, die together, I always say) :) anyhoo...is there a limit on what they can take up tandem.

Lisa

MickeyD said:
Ok, what about weight restrictions for going tandem? If I work up the nerve to parasail, I would want either dh or ds to go with me (live together, die together, I always say) :) anyhoo...is there a limit on what they can take up tandem.

Lisa

Yes, the maximum weight is 375 pounds.

tynkerbell said:
I thought I'd read the max weight was 350. :confused3

I just looked in my DCL Excursion booklet and it states: Guests must be at least 8 years of age and weigh more than 90 lbs., but not exceed 375 lbs. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.

You can go by yourself. Most everyone got dunked (we were in early December) The water was warm. The view was well worth the $$.

I was just a tad disappointed with this experience. I went tandem with my DS, that part was fun. But if its a huge thrilling experience, it may be a let down for you. I thought it would be hugely exciting, but it was more of a peaceful time up there. I don't know, can't really explain it any other way. I probably wouldn't spend that much money again on it. But do it once, just for the peaceful feeling you get out of it.

Jillpie said:
I was just a tad disappointed with this experience. I went tandem with my DS, that part was fun. But if its a huge thrilling experience, it may be a let down for you. I thought it would be hugely exciting, but it was more of a peaceful time up there. I don't know, can't really explain it any other way. I probably wouldn't spend that much money again on it. But do it once, just for the peaceful feeling you get out of it.

That's what my DD thought as well when she saw my excursion booklet. When we got up above the water she said, "This isn't exciting like I thought it was going to be, it's cool, but not exciting." I enjoyed the peacefulness and the view. I also took a waterproof camera up with me and got some nice photos. Like others have said, I wouldn't go out of my way to pay those $$ again unless someone in my family wanted to do it, but didn't want to go by themselves. My DD said she was glad she did it, but has no desire to do it again. It is just something that you have to experience for yourself.

My girls got to do it as a suprise last December and they loved it!!! I may actually do it this year!!!
DSC00064.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter