Paradise Cove luau seating question

cgattis

DIS Veteran
Based on the proximity to Aulani and all the pre-show activities, I think Paradise Cove luau is for us. Here's my question....I have pretty short young teen kids, and DD always thinks she needs to have a totally unobstructed view of any show LOL. And honestly, I'm a photo hound, so better view means a lot to me too. Are we better off with the Deluxe seating package (right in front of the stage) or the Royal Box (further back but elevated). I can bring a big lens if needed. Anybody have recommendations? Trying to get all my ressies squared away so all I have to do is wait for my PH ticket window to open! TIA!

From what I saw I would not do the royal box. They are pretty far back. Most people are coming by bus so I would ask to see what time the busses roll in so you can beat them and get front rows.

There are some things I did not like about paradise cove luau but their show is excellent.

From what I saw I would not do the royal box. They are pretty far back. Most people are coming by bus so I would ask to see what time the busses roll in so you can beat them and get front rows.

There are some things I did not like about paradise cove luau but their show is excellent.
I found the aerial view online and yes, the box does look way back there! I will prob do the deluxe anyway--just not the box--because we do want to sit close. But I will definitely ask that when I call to book! Thanks!!!

I used deluxe. It really is nice and up close, and they serve you, so you don't have to deal with the wait for food.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that Aulani now has their own luau. I wonder how many Aulani guests are going to both?

We sat in the box and loved it. It wasn't so crowded close together, and our view was perfect. We had servers who brought our food and drinks and didn't have to go to the buffet line. It was great.

I used deluxe. It really is nice and up close, and they serve you, so you don't have to deal with the wait for food.
Sounds pretty good. I'm leaning that way...the deluxe tables look like they're right at the edge of the stage. Did you feel like you were craning your neck to look up at it the whole time?

We sat in the box and loved it. It wasn't so crowded close together, and our view was perfect. We had servers who brought our food and drinks and didn't have to go to the buffet line. It was great.
Considering I'm a photo nut....did you take any pics and if so, did you have to use a long lens? The pics online make the stage look pretty dark; don't want to end up with a lot of grainy stuff.

Sounds pretty good. I'm leaning that way...the deluxe tables look like they're right at the edge of the stage. Did you feel like you were craning your neck to look up at it the whole time?

We did the deluxe package when we were there in June. We were seated at the table right next to the stage. We couldn't do the box seats because we were told they weren't wheelchair accessible. They had assigned seating (not sure how they do it, like if it is first to reserve tickets gets a closer seat or not), so there was no rushing to find seats. the only issue I had with the seating was that they made my dad and sister move to the end of the stage for most of the show because it was too much of a hazard to have my sister's wheelchair that close to the fire twirling...I understand why, but still a big inconvenience considering the premium we were paying.

Since you mention pictures, the only issue I had with sitting that close is that your head is at the level of the stage so every picture is taken looking up and you can't really stand in the front to take pictures because then you'll block the views of those behind you. I was going to try to post a couple of pictures, but it says that they are too large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts