Pandora - done by 9:31am with no FP

A good compromise game is one of the "charades" or Headbandz etc where you interact with each other.
I do like that game, but it uses a lot of battery. We already bring power banks, but my phone dies so fast.

Tried this at the end of September. Seemed like it wiuld be less than an hour, but by the time they let all the FPs go ahead of us it was closer to 2 hours. Funny enough it was less waiting later at night. Got in line around 7PM, app said 70 minutes, times it and we got to the first scanning room at 58 minutes.

It's very common to find a much shorter wait at night than in the morning. The last time I checked Touring Plans, the wait 10 minutes after opening was 8 times longer than the wait 10 minutes before closing time. 240 vs 30

For those that can’t get FP - there is hope.

Park opened at 9am, we got here at 7:55, they let us in the front gates at 8:20 and everyone went to hold in front of Pandora. About 8:30 they walked the group in and we walked straight into FOP. Walked off at 9:03 and after restroom went to NRJ. Walked off there at 9:31 - actually cancelled a FP we had for later in the day so someone else can enjoy.
Great news. Seems pretty close to how things were operating when I went back in July. Below is a post from when I went during an EMH morning.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ak-pandora-fop-at-emh.3622556/

Arrive 1:00-1:15+ before regular advertised park opening and :45-1:00 for EMH morning and you should be able to knock things out pretty quick.

Nine of us rope dropped last week (including two kids in a double stroller). The park opened at 9, and we were through bag check and in line by 7:45. They started letting people scan bands and walk to Pandora by 8:15. We ended up being about five people back from the line of cast members on the bridge. They started walking the line back to the rides around 8:40, and we rode and were walking down the exit ramp at 9:00. I couldn't believe how smooth it went!

We also rode it standby one evening when the park closed at 8:30. We got in line around 8:00, and the wait time was posted at 120 minutes. We only waited an hour, and loved seeing the full queue. We didn't see the bioluminescent cave or the lab during rope drop later that week.

Nine of us rope dropped last week (including two kids in a double stroller). The park opened at 9, and we were through bag check and in line by 7:45. They started letting people scan bands and walk to Pandora by 8:15. We ended up being about five people back from the line of cast members on the bridge. They started walking the line back to the rides around 8:40, and we rode and were walking down the exit ramp at 9:00. I couldn't believe how smooth it went!

We also rode it standby one evening when the park closed at 8:30. We got in line around 8:00, and the wait time was posted at 120 minutes. We only waited an hour, and loved seeing the full queue. We didn't see the bioluminescent cave or the lab during rope drop later that week.
That’s great to hear! The kids were ok in the stroller? I keep hearing how aggressive some people are to get to the front of the line and kids almost getting trampled.

That’s great to hear! The kids were ok in the stroller? I keep hearing how aggressive some people are to get to the front of the line and kids almost getting trampled.

They were fine in there, and we definitely felt safer with them in the stroller than carrying them or having the oldest walk on his own! People walked fast and some ran, but we didn't see anything too aggressive. We were along the right rail on the bridge, and it kind of helped having the big stroller, because nobody was able to squeeze around us.

They were fine in there, and we definitely felt safer with them in the stroller than carrying them or having the oldest walk on his own! People walked fast and some ran, but we didn't see anything too aggressive. We were along the right rail on the bridge, and it kind of helped having the big stroller, because nobody was able to squeeze around us.
Guess I need to put my 9 yo niece in a stroller whether she likes it or not lol :rotfl:

can ya'll tell me what to look for when going into Pandora at night? I heard you should go through after dark to see the light up stuff. That is just for the area right? The rides are the same all day long correct?

can ya'll tell me what to look for when going into Pandora at night? I heard you should go through after dark to see the light up stuff. That is just for the area right? The rides are the same all day long correct?

The rides are the same all day long.

Worked out well for us last Friday (Party of 5). Arrived at AK at about 0730, was 5th in the annual pass holder line to the far right. There were about 6 other lines queued as well. At about 830 they started letting people in. EVERYONE went left to Pandora - its a free for all once you get in, runners, joggers, strollers, etc.
Staged right at the bridge for a few minutes. Then they opened the flood gates and let us in.
We were off FOP at exactly 915 - went over to the NRJ after which displayed a 45 minute wait - it was about 30.
Out of Pandora by 10 - lines went all the way to the end of the bridge and looped back. Cast Member said it was about 3+ hours at that time.
Annual pass holder line? Is this a new thing? I've never noticed a special line for annual pass holders ...

The
That's exactly why our dinner will be Flame Tree that way we can go whenever we want since we don't need an ADR. We are using our TS meal at TH with the dining package. I would even be willing to wait 120 minutes for FOP and then wait again to ride it twice. That is if I like it that much.
new Satu'Li canteen in pandora is amazing. Best QS in Disney now, imo - and its right next to FoP.

We did. The ride is absolutely amazing. I wish I could have seen my face because I probably had some stupid grin the whole time. I was really flying through Pandora for that short time.
Lol - I rode 5 times in July ... waiting over 3 hours once, even though I had already been on quickly a couple of times! I never willingly waiting more than 20 minutes for a ride, but FoP is just that amazing!

In the week since you first wrote this, you may have already discovered that the standby line does *not* go through the main queue at park opening. We wanted the same thing, but were told the full queue typically isn't used until about 10:00, by which time the line is uber-long. The evening strategy may be best for what you (and I) want to see.

Thank you so much - I did not know that. I'll still likely go at park opening to ride again but may try to find an evening to head back at closing knowing that.

ok going this wed, first time ever to Pandora..ak is a park that messes with my geographically challenged brain. so, when you go thru baggage and ticket counter, do you head right or left? and if you make it to rope drop where is the spot to stand in while doing rope drop ? like to the right?

ak is open until 8pm wed so I could go late..but so far I plan to knock out Pandora epcot where I have fp.
I want to do frozen, never did that, but cant get a fp..whats a good strategy for that one?

Is it normally busy for dinner?
I was only there for lunch. I imagine how busy it is will depend on time of day and year ... but you can order ahead on the app and it'll be waiting for you when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter