Pandora - done by 9:31am with no FP

kmchisholm

DIS Veteran
For those that can’t get FP - there is hope.

Park opened at 9am, we got here at 7:55, they let us in the front gates at 8:20 and everyone went to hold in front of Pandora. About 8:30 they walked the group in and we walked straight into FOP. Walked off at 9:03 and after restroom went to NRJ. Walked off there at 9:31 - actually cancelled a FP we had for later in the day so someone else can enjoy.

Last edited:
That's great! We hope that we can be as lucky this Friday using the same strategy. Is there a specific (separate) line to get into Pandora vs. the regular AK entrance?

That's great! We hope that we can be as lucky this Friday using the same strategy. Is there a specific (separate) line to get into Pandora vs. the regular AK entrance?

No, just follow the crowd to the left. It’s where the majority of people getting there early will go.

This gives me hope! I book my fastpasses this weekend and at least now I have a backup plan if I can't get FoP!

Exactly what I wanted to know. I have a FP for later in day but want to go through the queue as well but was hoping to be able to get to park at about 8am and not have to worry about being at the absolute front of the pack. If I'm off FoP by 9:30 even without Navi I'd be happy!

Do you think this works best on days with or without emh morning (assuming we are staying on site)?

Personal opinion but I think it’s best on non-emh days. EMH usually brings people to the park and if you wait until they’re headed “elsewhere” ie - another park with EMH, the lines are shorter. Also, note this was a weekday in early Oct when crowds were down across the whole resort.

Great news! I did get a FP but is for later in the day and of course can only book one of the 2. So I booked the River ride for the next day. If we can get to both the same day - we probably won't do a second day at AK.

Great news! I did get a FP but is for later in the day and of course can only book one of the 2. So I booked the River ride for the next day. If we can get to both the same day - we probably won't do a second day at AK.
Everyone went to FOP when it opened so you have a good shot if you try NRJ first thing!

Worked out well for us last Friday (Party of 5). Arrived at AK at about 0730, was 5th in the annual pass holder line to the far right. There were about 6 other lines queued as well. At about 830 they started letting people in. EVERYONE went left to Pandora - its a free for all once you get in, runners, joggers, strollers, etc.
Staged right at the bridge for a few minutes. Then they opened the flood gates and let us in.
We were off FOP at exactly 915 - went over to the NRJ after which displayed a 45 minute wait - it was about 30.
Out of Pandora by 10 - lines went all the way to the end of the bridge and looped back. Cast Member said it was about 3+ hours at that time.

Got in line for FoP at 8:54 pm. Standby posted at 150. Was getting onto device at 9:59. Loved the whole experience. I like that the last 10 to 15 minutes don't feel like waiting in line, but feels more like part of the main experience.

Two points. 1. I saw equipment in the lab that I use at work. Pelican cases and the microscopes.

And 2. What's wrong with people? The queue is littered with coins! Why!? Even saw paper money.

Got in line for FoP at 8:54 pm. Standby posted at 150. Was getting onto device at 9:59. Loved the whole experience. I like that the last 10 to 15 minutes don't feel like waiting in line, but feels more like part of the main experience.

Two points. 1. I saw equipment in the lab that I use at work. Pelican cases and the microscopes.

And 2. What's wrong with people? The queue is littered with coins! Why!? Even saw paper money.
This will be our strategy if we don't get FP's. I like the idea of going at night and getting to enjoy the que.

Would anyone advise trying to RD FOP with 4 kids 8 and under? A doube stroller with 4 and 2 year olds in it. Only DH and probably DS6 would ride but I would walk with them to the entrance to get RS pass. Then I would head over to ride NRJ with the other 3. We are a RD family, just not sure we want to be a part of the mad dash. This would be for AM EMH on March 5!!

Would anyone advise trying to RD FOP with 4 kids 8 and under? A doube stroller with 4 and 2 year olds in it. Only DH and probably DS6 would ride but I would walk with them to the entrance to get RS pass. Then I would head over to ride NRJ with the other 3. We are a RD family, just not sure we want to be a part of the mad dash. This would be for AM EMH on March 5!!
I think that would be brutal with a double stroller but I haven’t been there yet. We’re going March 2 and planning on doing fop at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter