Palo Brunch Outside?

There is a separate door into this deck area directly from Palo on the Dream/Fantasy. Its immediately on your right as you enter the restaurant itself. Easy to over look as your attention is probably on the dining room itself and following the seater. No need to go through Meridian unless you want to.

As far as smoke from the area on the other (Remy) side of Meridian goes, I can't see that being an issue at all. The movement of the ship would cary any smoke off the back of the ship. It wouldn't go up and over (or around) Meridian to land on the Palo side.

It HAS done that because it did that when I was on the Fantasy in 2016.

Maybe the wind conditions were not the way they normally are, but it was enough that I would forfeit my reservation if outside was the only option because I have experienced the stink coming over from that side.

There is a separate door into this deck area directly from Palo on the Dream/Fantasy. Its immediately on your right as you enter the restaurant itself. Easy to over look as your attention is probably on the dining room itself and following the seater. No need to go through Meridian unless you want to.

As far as smoke from the area on the other (Remy) side of Meridian goes, I can't see that being an issue at all. The movement of the ship would cary any smoke off the back of the ship. It wouldn't go up and over (or around) Meridian to land on the Palo side.
Unless, of course, the ship is in port. Then the wind could carry smoke in any number of directions.

I was just looking at our reservations for June to see if a third seat had opened for Palo brunch. (Nope, but I'm sure we can add on board.) I had never seen this note before on a brunch reservation. Personally I would not want to eat outdoors at Palo. You get all dolled up just to have your hair ruined and the sun in your eyes.

Dining Al Fresco
Guests may request to be seated at the restaurant’s private outdoor teak deck with picturesque views and warm ocean breezes.

Is this new? Has anyone experienced this?
It’s been my experience that you cannot book for a party of 3. Try booking for a party of 4 and just don’t use the fourth chair.

It’s been my experience that you cannot book for a party of 3. Try booking for a party of 4 and just don’t use the fourth chair.

I had no issues booking for 3 last year. Probably the website being glitchy like we know it can be. (And yes, we were at a 4-top.)

I’m not sure on the Wonder and possibly the Magic(sister ship and all) if that would be a great choice. So many people, while we ate brunch and dinner sat at those outside deck tables tables 2 weeks ago and moved on after 10 minutes. I noticed a door, sort of mid-restaurant that could be easily used for brunch but nobody stayed very long. A few looked like they left because of wind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter