Palo Brunch Dress Code (especially on shoes) - Strict?

Several years ago my wife and I had our first Brunch scheduled on the Fantasy. For some reason I either forgot or did not bring my dress shoes. The only thing I had were my Merrells. They are a kind of hiking shoe.
We went to talk to the cast at the entrance to Palo a couple of days before our brunch to see if this was going to be a problem.
They told me it should not be a problem however if it was they had shoes to lend, not sure if they still do this. They showed a cabinet with different style and size shoes if needed. They told me they were more strict with the dress code for dinner than brunch.
In the end my shoes were fine.
With that said we were amazed at what some people were wearing at brunch, shorts, sneakers, flip flops and even a tea shirt al tho it was a nice tea shirt.

When we were on the Dream in June, I totally forgot I was wearing sandals (Men's Reefs. Nicer leather sandals but still sandals) when I got to Palo for dinner.

The Crew member at the podium very kindly pulled us to the side and asked us if we had any other shoes. We apologized and said we did and ran back to the room to change.

I thought she couldn't have been kinder about asking about the dress code and did not mind running back to change. She did also offer us shoes if we didn't have our own.

You should have no issues with nice sandals for brunch.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter