Pajamas in the concierge lounge

We were on the Wish a week ago in Concierge. There are signs indicating that you should be dressed appropriately when entering the lounge. I assume this means that you shouldn't show up in swimsuits at the very least. There were plenty of people who came in shorts and t-shirts but I never saw anyone in pajamas. After 4PM each day the tone changed considerably and I definitely didn't feel comfortable popping in with a t-shirt on.
Thank you! This is very helpful!

On the WISH in April saw people walking around the ship in the robes from the room, maybe coming to or from the spa?? Saw many more people dressed nice at dinner than I have seen before. But the most surprising was bikinis in the WD theatre(1st show), no coverups at all. I have seen this on other DCL ships also, so no dress code in the theatre??

Define PJs. I was in a woman's clothing store with my wife and most of the casual wear looked like PJs to me.
See that’s partly why I asked this question in the first place. I’m not an idiot who thinks that a nightgown or footie pajamas are okay in public. But the kind that are basically a cute t shirt and what I hear are called lounge pants now…those are what I was wondering about. I just haven’t been in concierge yet and I don’t know how fancy everyone gets in there. I don’t want to make the mistake of being overly casual, even first thing in the morning. However, I know I’m not going to have any luck getting my kids to get fully dressed, showers taken, hair done, etc, before 7am so we can go grab coffee and pastries.

From the sounds of the responses here, it may just be safer to stay in the room and order in until everyone is awake enough to get fully presentable. In theory, the t shirt and lounge pants thing should be okay…but if the t shirt says something cute about sweet dreams or whatever that makes it clear that it is a sleep set, it sounds like it may set some people off. I’m very excited that my DH has agreed to try out concierge and I’m hoping that he will want to do it again in the future. That’s not going to happen if the kids get dirty looks in there or someone says something snarky about my t shirt and he hears it. I’ll just make sure to keep everyone out of the lounge unless they’re presentable. 😂

I know I’m not going to have any luck getting my kids to get fully dressed, showers taken, hair done, etc, before 7am so we can go grab coffee and pastries.
Before 7 am!?!?!?!? :oops: We were lucky to get everyone up by 10 am ! But we were West Coasters on an Eastern Caribbean cruise and all our excursions were late morning or early afternoon. And we were late seating diners so showers were between coming back from our excursions and dinner.
My kids still talk about how cool it was to be up on the sports deck at midnight watching the islands go by and the waves.
I am also the one who complained about unattended children running in the halls at 5:45 am on a sea day!

Last edited:
Please don’t jump on me for asking, and I’m not suggesting anything skimpy or like robes and slippers…but do we have to be fully dressed for the day before we go get coffee from the concierge lounge? Or is okay to wear pajama pants and a t shirt in the morning to get coffee? And can my kids wear a pajama set to eat breakfast in there or do they need to be fully dressed for the day?
wear whatever you are comfortable in, to go in & grab coffee & pastries is fine, sit in there if you want & definately for your kids too.
I've seen young kids go in there and get their own food unsupervised, all times of the day.
Sailing over Christmas we saw entire families in actual pjs
having stayed in concierage several times, we've seen it all just like in main dinning rooms & Palo
sailing concierage again in July, will be intersting to see
enjoy your cruise

It’s fine to pop in there in lounge wear to grab some coffee and pastries at breakfast to bring back to your room. We upgraded at the port to concierge last year on the fantasy and there was a family with matching pjs eating breakfast in there and no one batted an eye, they looked cute. Bathing suits with no cover up in the lounge is way more tacky in my opinion.

I've sailed concierge a number of times and can't recall anyone wearing PJs in the lounge. Personally, the lounge feels a bit upscale to me and it's definitely a public area, so, personally, I would feel uncomfortable wearing anything that might resemble PJs/nightgowns/robes, etc. in there. I never allowed my DS to go in there in PJs either - it just feels more like a restaurant to me and it's a public space - maybe I'm just really old-fashioned?!

I think sweatpants or lounge pants and a t-shirt are fine in the AM, but as others have noted, wearing full-on PJ sets or anything resembling sleepwear might look a little out of place in there. I'm usually the one who runs to the lounge in the morning just to pick up coffees and pastries to snack on in the room before everyone is dressed and ready to go to the lounge/walk around the ship, etc. I typically just throw on a sundress and some flip flops to go to the lounge to pick everything up.

I've sailed concierge a number of times and can't recall anyone wearing PJs in the lounge. Personally, the lounge feels a bit upscale to me and it's definitely a public area, so, personally, I would feel uncomfortable wearing anything that might resemble PJs/nightgowns/robes, etc. in there. I never allowed my DS to go in there in PJs either - it just feels more like a restaurant to me and it's a public space - maybe I'm just really old-fashioned?!

I think sweatpants or lounge pants and a t-shirt are fine in the AM, but as others have noted, wearing full-on PJ sets or anything resembling sleepwear might look a little out of place in there. I'm usually the one who runs to the lounge in the morning just to pick up coffees and pastries to snack on in the room before everyone is dressed and ready to go to the lounge/walk around the ship, etc. I typically just throw on a sundress and some flip flops to go to the lounge to pick everything up.
A sundress is a great idea! Thanks!

Tongue-in-cheek: if you have to ask, you know the answer. But, honestly, we, the general public, wear knit shorts and t-shirts in public, as if they weren’t undergarments 100 years ago. (In 1977, at my public university, they dropped the requirement that women wear a raincoat over their shorts on the way to PE. 1977!)

You are showing your consideration of social norms for asking. And I would expect that the standards ascribed to by guests who chose to sail in Concierge would lend itself to a fashion standard a little more rigid than that of the general cruiser.

Children in pajamas at breakfast - in a lounge - even teenagers - should be totally fine. Not everyone will like it. Some will be offended. Most won’t care. Others will wish they could do the same - and might on subsequent days.

Last edited:
Why did you ask this question?

Seems like you know people are going to judge you for wearing what look like pajamas in the lounge. You either care what people think or you don't.

Are you looking for people to tell you it's okay so you feel justified in doing it? If someone in the lounge says something to you, are you going to say "it's okay, the DIS people said so."
They asked because they haven't done concierge before. I've seen many people in pyjamas all around the ship in the middle of the night and well into the morning during breakfast at the cafe and Cabanas and even the dining areas.

I would say okay for kids under 6. It is a vacation. But I am also in the group, yeah, take the 1 minute to change into day clothes.

I used to work for an airline and I knew we had at least one passenger to dress very scruffy and travelling business class. He got a kick out of it if people addressed his appearance and then complain about it.

Here is my definition of loungewear. I would say this is ok. Same as wearing workout clothese. Concerning kids in real pajamas or adults call me old school, but there are simply things when keeps within one’s own home versus what one wears in public. I get people are on “vacation“ but you’re not at home either. My judgmental opinion is if it’s like a baby or a toddler maybe up to two or three I personally wouldn’t notice it but if I saw an older kid able to help themselves at the buffet wearing obvious pajamas I would be judging the parents thinking Ok they need to get their kids under control. If an adult looked like they rolled out if bed and was dressed at such in a concierge lounge where I’m paying thousands more to keep the peace. I will keep my mouth shut to that other person, but I would definitely voice my opinion to the concierge lounge hosts and let them know my thoughts on it. I will let them know what’s the point of me paying more money to a nicer place to eat vs cabanas ( that’s how I see it) and ask about dress policy

Attachments

• 668CE2DA-6AF8-4C58-B320-E5144C1DD599.jpeg
    668CE2DA-6AF8-4C58-B320-E5144C1DD599.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have never seen anyone in pajamas in the lounge. I typically bring and throw on a sundress to buzz in there first thing in the morning. I have seen a few little kids with their pj's on-under 5 . I don't know. You never know who you may run into in there. Kind like running to the store for just a minute- you are sure to run into an old acquaintance that you wish you had looked a bit better. There are lots of styles out today-athleisure and the like, that people wear as pajamas. You can probably get by with that. Have a great cruise-you will love concierge!

Well, sure, if your pajamas are lounge pants, a sports bra (for the ladies) and a t shirt with some flip flops.

No so much if they are dedicated pajamas.

Dress the kids. Teach them how to be appropriately dressed in a high end environment. This isn't Wal Mart.
The high end environment on DCL went out the window years ago also there are many Disney parks and DCL patrons that go to Walmart including Platinum and Pearl Castaway club tiers. That's how many afford going on expensive vacations.

I would say okay for kids under 6. It is a vacation. But I am also in the group, yeah, take the 1 minute to change into day clothes.

I used to work for an airline and I knew we had at least one passenger to dress very scruffy and travelling business class. He got a kick out of it if people addressed his appearance and then complain about it.
Wow! I can’t imagine getting a kick out of offending people with my clothes…at least not since my teenage years. 😂

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter