Paint the Night Blue Bayou packages

I just read it too. We saw the parade from the train station area but facing Main St. (not with a package, we snagged the bench about two hours before hand). It was fine because we wanted a bench and to be near the exit. But, I would agree that facing the train station would be awful. You would be almost behind the parade coming towards you. And that it said they got there at the return time and were behind two rows of standers.... uh.... no thank you. I wonder if they moved it here because too many people complained about roping off on Main St and this is a less crowded area. Either way- it stinks. It is really far from the fireworks. I won't be keeping my reservation (that I haven't made yet, haha) if it stays here.

Ugh. This is my Mother's Day gift to my mom the evening after the Tinkerbell Half...sounds like it's not going to be worth it, especially having to fight crowds after a 9pm reservation at BB just to go and stand behind several rows of already standing people.

The new location is a great spot! Much better than right on Main Street. We also did Aladdin's Oasis and really liked that spot in front of Small World. The meal was awful (airline food), but the reserved area was fantastic. We are doing the Blue Bayou package this Friday and I am looking forward to the new reserved area.

The new location is a great spot! Much better than right on Main Street. We also did Aladdin's Oasis and really liked that spot in front of Small World. The meal was awful (airline food), but the reserved area was fantastic. We are doing the Blue Bayou package this Friday and I am looking forward to the new reserved area.
Nice to hear something positive about the spot! Please let us know how it works for you on Friday!

Our main goal is to have a good view of PTN (preferably curbside) and a good view of the fireworks facing the castle. Since we have 3 nights in DL park, maybe we would be best off with doing Aladdin's one night, then just staking out a spot for fireworks another night. My aim for the Blue Bayou package was to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, but honestly the lining up seems stressful and now the viewing location doesn't sound convenient for fireworks.

This. We only have 2 nights at DL and it's our first (I hope not only) trip. We were also hoping to do both PTN and fireworks in the same night. From what I can see and what I've read I don't know if I'm excited about this new location. But I also don't want to spend 3 hours waiting for a spot. Seeing Tink and whoever else is really important so I don't know about watching from IASW... We are going in Aug so perhaps things will change by then...

Wow I'm really torn on whether I want to keep my reservation for June 14th. My wife has Fibromyalgia and I thought this was a chance for her to not have to wait that long and we really want to see the Fireworks show. I am excited for the parade but my main goal was to move right into the center of Main St to get a great spot for the fireworks. If the parade comes by us last the chance of getting further up into main st will be near impossible. I'm wondering if I'd be better off just camping out curb side two hours earlier and letting my wife and two kids meet me there close to parade time. Can anyone confirm just how bad the firework viewing is from the reserved area? Thanks

We have the same plan. We enjoy the atmosphere so much at BB that it's just fun to eat there, and if we don't buy the package we can split our meals, making it slightly more affordable. Appreciated all the input here in helping to make our decision!

We just got back and this was a great plan for us! We ate lunch at BB on Sunday 4/10 and then caught the 10:45pm parade that night. About 20-25 minutes before the parade we walked over to Main Street and were able to find a great spot to sit right on that roundabout at the end of Main Street facing Tomorrowland! We got such great pictures.

This is the way to do if you can stay for the later one! :)

So you sat in the actual seating area for the BB package? And they let you do the later parade? I'm actually thinking of doing that, my package is booked for April 24 and there are 2 parades that day.

So you sat in the actual seating area for the BB package? And they let you do the later parade? I'm actually thinking of doing that, my package is booked for April 24 and there are 2 parades that day.

I think they meant they just had lunch at the BB and didn't do the PTN package, they just walked up to the late parade and sat up near the hub.

This. We only have 2 nights at DL and it's our first (I hope not only) trip. We were also hoping to do both PTN and fireworks in the same night. From what I can see and what I've read I don't know if I'm excited about this new location. But I also don't want to spend 3 hours waiting for a spot. Seeing Tink and whoever else is really important so I don't know about watching from IASW... We are going in Aug so perhaps things will change by then...

I'm in the same boat as you- we are going in August as well and I'm really hoping it's sorted out and smoother by the time we go.

Just checking... Is booking for PTN at BB sixty days out? Anyone do this through vacation planning?Thanks!:goodvibes

I think they meant they just had lunch at the BB and didn't do the PTN package, they just walked up to the late parade and sat up near the hub.

Ohh, ok, thanks!

Well, even if I have the package booked, if I go to the seating area and don't like it, I'm just going to do what this person did anyway, watch the fireworks and wait for the later parade. I want to go to BB either way and the package isn't really that much more than I'd be spending there...not only that, but BB is booked that night so it's not exactly like I can cancel the package and just go to BB!

Just checking... Is booking for PTN at BB sixty days out? Anyone do this through vacation planning?Thanks!:goodvibes

Yes, 60 days out, though sometimes they are late loading it.

Ohh, ok, thanks!

Well, even if I have the package booked, if I go to the seating area and don't like it, I'm just going to do what this person did anyway, watch the fireworks and wait for the later parade. I want to go to BB either way and the package isn't really that much more than I'd be spending there...not only that, but BB is booked that night so it's not exactly like I can cancel the package and just go to BB!

Just FYI, I don't think you're obligated to the package, that's what the BB server told me. You could just order off the regular menu if you wanted.

I just watched one of the firework shows shot from the train station. It is WAYYY too far away. Just once I would like to be on main street immersed in it. Has anyone whose done this package been able to move up enough to get closer after the parade passed?

Yes, 60 days out, though sometimes they are late loading it.

Just FYI, I don't think you're obligated to the package, that's what the BB server told me. You could just order off the regular menu if you wanted.

I emailed Disneyland before we went to ask about this because I wanted a Monte Cristo which wasn't on the PTN dining package and they had someone call me and tell me that they had called the restaurant and would only serve me what was on that menu. I'd take that with a grain of salt though, because while at the park a cast member told us they were sold out of something all over the park but we ended up finding a whole bunch elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Yes. This. :)

Here are some pics we got from where we were sitting.

PTN1.JPG PTN2.JPG PTN3.JPG PTN4.JPG PTN5.JPG PTN6.JPG

Last edited:

I emailed Disneyland before we went to ask about this because I wanted a Monte Cristo which wasn't on the PTN dining package and they had someone call me and tell me that they had called the restaurant and would only serve me what was on that menu. I'd take that with a grain of salt though, because while at the park a cast member told us they were sold out of something all over the park but we ended up finding a whole bunch elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Oops, seems I wasn't very clear. What I meant is you could have a reservation for PTN/BB, but then get to BB and change your mind and not do the package.

This was not an issue of PTN package vs. regular menu. This was because the Monte Cristo is only on the lunch menu. They do not offer it at dinner

For those interested, just did the BB package tonight and viewing is still at the flagpole in front of the train station. The view of the parade itself was good and they do let you sit the whole time. You are asked to be at the location no later than 30 minutes before the parade start, but at least for tonight, they didn't even start seating until 30 minutes before and it took some time to move though the line. So overall timeline was: arrive at location 7:45, parade "starts" at 8:15 on opposite side of park, parade arrives at package location closer to 8:40 (almost an hour later!). Overall I was disappointed with the experience, especially compared to the great experience with the Carthay Circle WOC package we did the night before. Note, I am not a Disneyland regular, but was shocked to see how many people were already sitting in locations for the parade at 5:30!

For those interested, just did the BB package tonight and viewing is still at the flagpole in front of the train station. The view of the parade itself was good and they do let you sit the whole time. You are asked to be at the location no later than 30 minutes before the parade start, but at least for tonight, they didn't even start seating until 30 minutes before and it took some time to move though the line. So overall timeline was: arrive at location 7:45, parade "starts" at 8:15 on opposite side of park, parade arrives at package location closer to 8:40 (almost an hour later!). Overall I was disappointed with the experience, especially compared to the great experience with the Carthay Circle WOC package we did the night before. Note, I am not a Disneyland regular, but was shocked to see how many people were already sitting in locations for the parade at 5:30!
That really is a long time to have to wait, when you basically prepaid to have a spot. I am still keeping my BB PTN reservation, as I guess one hour is better than sitting from 5:30!! For people that showed up after 7:45, did they get turned away?

Aaaaaahhhhh, I'm so confused! There is no way in heck my husband will agree to wait 2 hours for a parade but I want to see the fireworks too. We have a 5:00 PtN reservation at Blue Bayou but I primarily made it for ease of access to the parade. We usually avoid Louisiana type restaurants when we travel, especially those inside a theme park. I am extremely snobby when it comes to Cajun/Creole. Once you've had Mamaw's jambalaya or Aunt Sis' gumbo everything else is just a pale imitation. And the preparation doesn't sound right. I don't eat much red meat and $62 is a lot to pay for chicken or yet another theme park salmon dish. I eat so much salmon at WDW that I have no problem "swimming" upstream when fighting the crowds there. All that salmon has altered my DNA.

There's no second parade that night or I'd definitely plan to see it then.

What would you do in my situation? Is Blue Bayou really that good or would we be better off eating elsewhere and taking our chances with the parade?

I found this on Facebook. It's from French Market and looks tasty but is NOT jambalaya. I don't care what the menu says. Still it does look good! Has anyone had the Blue Bayou version?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter