Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post! But frequent lurker.
Interesting bit in a promo email I received today:

Get some extra pixie dust!
To enjoy extra flexibility while planning your stay—and extra enchantment while you're here—just upgrade to a package that includes a 5-day or longer Theme Park ticket with a Park Hopper®Option. Because when you do, you'll receive access to Disney FastPass+* service for pre-arrival planning for multiple Theme Parks on the same day!

I wonder if this is the beginning of the “perks” of a new paid fp system?

None on WDWmagic forum where the rumor originated.
Nor will there be, I do maintain this rumor still has no more credibility than it did 20+ years ago when it started before FP was even introduced. Yes, the paid FP rumor is really so old, it actually predates FP itself.

To enjoy extra flexibility while planning your stay—and extra enchantment while you're here—just upgrade to a package that includes a 5-day or longer Theme Park ticket with a Park Hopper®Option. Because when you do, you'll receive access to Disney FastPass+* service for pre-arrival planning for multiple Theme Parks on the same day!

There is an *, what is the fine print next to the *?

Of course the way I read that is if you upgrade to a 5 day or longer park hopper, you can get FPs at multiple parks on the same day in advance now.

There is an *, what is the fine print next to the *?

Of course the way I read that is if you upgrade to a 5 day or longer park hopper, you can get FPs at multiple parks on the same day in advance now.

Here’s the asterisk:

*Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited.

Looks standard. It does read that you’ll be able to do it in advance now.

Nor will there be, I do maintain this rumor still has no more credibility than it did 20+ years ago when it started before FP was even introduced. Yes, the paid FP rumor is really so old, it actually predates FP itself.
You can’t say it has no credibility. Without a doubt it’s a certainty that Disney has looked into and thought about doing paid FP.

You can’t say it has no credibility. Without a doubt it’s a certainty that Disney has looked into and thought about doing paid FP.
Umm, I didn't say it has no credibility, I said it has no more credibility (words have meaning), of course Disney looked at doing paid FPs back in the day, that is not why I said it had no credibility at all, but for the same reasons they determined paid FPs would be bad then, would be the same reason a paid system would be bad now and they would come out loosing.

Umm, I didn't say it has no credibility, I said it has no more credibility (words have meaning), of course Disney looked at doing paid FPs back in the day, that is not why I said it had no credibility at all, but for the same reasons they determined paid FPs would be bad then, would be the same reason a paid system would be bad now and they would come out loosing.
I can guarantee they have looked at it recently and are still looking at it. The extra paid FP for Club Level wasn’t a coincidence.

Oh for sure that's the start. Stay longer and buy a hopper, you get to make fast passes in more than one park! That will sway a lot of people to purchase hoppers.

I'm sure we will more of these types of offers to incorporate paying for fast passes in one way shape or form.

Speaking as someone who buys 9 day hoppers, bring it on! :rotfl:

Although we have a non-resident AP too. So, one of us can do it and the other can't. They will have to work that out if this becomes a new thing.

Glad to hear that you can continue to afford to go. Our family of 5 are finding it hard to justify the cost any more.
I have done the math and the reality is you still get less bang for your buck at:
  • Sporting Events
  • Movies
  • Concerts
  • Live Theater
Seriously, the cost per hour to do any of these things is still significantly higher than Disney.

Oh for sure that's the start. Stay longer and buy a hopper, you get to make fast passes in more than one park! That will sway a lot of people to purchase hoppers.

I'm sure we will more of these types of offers to incorporate paying for fast passes in one way shape or form.

Although we have a non-resident AP too. So, one of us can do it and the other can't. They will have to work that out if this becomes a new thing.
We are assuming that Disney meant to imply that this is indeed the case and not that they didn't simply send out a very poorly written email that is simply saying, hey look, you can use FP+ when your book tickets, oh and you can park hop to if you add a park hopping option, which we will provide at a discounted price if you book for five or more days. Disney has certainly made such mistakes many times in the past.

We are assuming that Disney meant to imply that this is indeed the case and not that they didn't simply send out a very poorly written email that is simply saying, hey look, you can use FP+ when your book tickets, oh and you can park hop to if you add a park hopping option, which we will provide at a discounted price if you book for five or more days. Disney has certainly made such mistakes many times in the past.

That's why it's still a rumor. And we are making guesses based on our assumptions.

It will be coming in some way, shape or form. Just accept it. ;)

I’m intrigued by that letter. Paying to make FP (in advance) at different parks for same day is an interesting way to get the ball rolling on monetizing them...
And smart too by making it a UOC. I always said I would be willing to pay for it if it offered something better then the current system.

Yeah we are planning to get APs again & just booked AP rate so even if we get a code we wouldn’t do it this time. But it’s sure interesting for next trip!

What are you trip dates? This summer, or after SW opens?

I think after nearly 100 pages, almost 2000 posts, and over 50 days the answer to the original question in the thread headline, "Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?" Is no.

They might be coming someday, but the implication that on March 10th this was something imminent that was "coming soon" wasn't correct. Or perhaps I have a different idea of soon. I would say soon means in the next 100 days at the most. With nothing being announced yet I think that is not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter