• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind shedding some light on me regarding the smart touring plan??
Rope Drop? Go in Jan/Feb when the crowd is low?? Those won't work for my family. :guilty::guilty:

Yeah, I get it, all things don't work for all people. Rope dropping to ride banshees has been immensely successful for us. Often getting off the ride just a few minutes after park open and getting a quick morning safari in. Then you are left with Navi/Everest/Dinosaur/Rapids which you can time around FoLK and any animal trails you want to do, and typically don't carry as significant of wait times.

With Animal Kingdom often closing early and w/o a meaningful closing show, we enjoy getting a couple rides done early, leisurely cruising the park & snacking (very important :earboy2:) the rest of the day, leaving early if necessary due to fatigue.

Yeah, I get it, all things don't work for all people. Rope dropping to ride banshees has been immensely successful for us. Often getting off the ride just a few minutes after park open and getting a quick morning safari in. Then you are left with Navi/Everest/Dinosaur/Rapids which you can time around FoLK and any animal trails you want to do, and typically don't carry as significant of wait times.

With Animal Kingdom often closing early and w/o a meaningful closing show, we enjoy getting a couple rides done early, leisurely cruising the park & snacking (very important :earboy2:) the rest of the day, leaving early if necessary due to fatigue.
We leave next Saturday for a week at disney, curious as to how early you get to AK to rope drop FoP? i like your attack here, get there early, ride it, then off to the safari. We may try that.

I’ll take it a step further. If they’re really selling real-time dynamic fastpasses then they have a strong incentive to systemically increase wait times at unpopular attractions and reduce capacity in real time to encourage more fastpass purchases. BTMRR only has a 15 minute wait? Let’s close one fo the tracks.

They already hyper inflate end of day wait times to discourage people from getting in line at the end of the night to cut back on labor hours.

They already hyper inflate end of day wait times to discourage people from getting in line at the end of the night to cut back on labor hours.
That's better than the new practice at Cedar Point. They now close the line early depending on the wait. Example if Steel Vengeance has a 90 minute wait the line closes at 6:30pm rather than the park close time of 8:00pm. Ridiculous.

My app has the standby designation now. I’m on an iPhone and showed up after I updated and force stopped the app. We have a stay booked but not within the 60 or 30 day window, and haven’t purchased tickets yet.

We leave next Saturday for a week at disney, curious as to how early you get to AK to rope drop FoP? i like your attack here, get there early, ride it, then off to the safari. We may try that.
We arrived 90 minutes prior (via the awesome Minnie van which will be sorely missed). A very swift walk to FoP along with most everyone else😂 and we walked right through and were off 10 min prior to park opening. Times vary as to when they let you in
and how far you can go.

We arrived 90 minutes prior (via the awesome Minnie van which will be sorely missed). A very swift walk to FoP along with most everyone else😂 and we walked right through and were off 10 min prior to park opening. Times vary as to when they let you in
and how far you can go.

We do the same. It's still a 90 minute wait in this scenario, so I could see some folks not interested esp if FP+ comes back.

For us we just liked being done with FoP by official park opening, then have the rest of the AM for the rest.

But we totally abandoned this through the Covid year, since FoP was usually a walk on late afternoon. Really gonna miss that, but its was fun while it lasted.

Seeing all the distancing getting removed from Disney, masks being off this week, I don't know, I kinda feel ( again ) that we are going to see some announcements this week

I honestly can't imagine a fastpass announcment being too far off at this point. They are looking at higher and higher capacity over the summer, and I absolutely can't imagine being in the parks in the dead of a Florida summer with high crowds and no fastpass. Guests have so far been okay without it, I think, because the crowds have been lower. Something has got to be on the horizon. My family won't be there until spring anyway, so I'm not personally dying for news, but I would like to know what I'm dealing with for planning purposes.

I honestly can't imagine a fastpass announcment being too far off at this point. They are looking at higher and higher capacity over the summer, and I absolutely can't imagine being in the parks in the dead of a Florida summer with high crowds and no fastpass. Guests have so far been okay without it, I think, because the crowds have been lower. Something has got to be on the horizon. My family won't be there until spring anyway, so I'm not personally dying for news, but I would like to know what I'm dealing with for planning purposes.

I just don't see how they wouldn't announce that, with fireworks before the 4th of July Holiday weekend. If you are going to bring that back, that seems like the weekend to start with the massive amounts of people going.

Hopefully more CM's are being trained. Just surprised they haven't said anything yet.. so close to it

I wonder if Disney is just waiting to staff FP+ lines with the college kids who start this month. Although the lines are currently used for some people, the demand is not high so staffing is not needed for those lines.

Last edited:
I just don't see how they wouldn't announce that, with fireworks before the 4th of July Holiday weekend. If you are going to bring that back, that seems like the weekend to start with the massive amounts of people going.

Hopefully more CM's are being trained. Just surprised they haven't said anything yet.. so close to it

I feel like the longer they wait to say something, the more aggravating it gets for guests. A little bit of transparency would go a long way. Even if it's not what we want to hear, I think people would feel less jerked around if they just put the rumors to bed once and for all. There's a sense of trust we all put into a company like Disney. Even if that trust isn't necessarily warranted, a big part of their image as a family-friendly company is the *idea* that we can trust them. All this tight-lipped secrecy starts to feel a little sneaky in a way that doesn't jive with their branding.

I feel like the longer they wait to say something, the more aggravating it gets for guests. A little bit of transparency would go a long way. Even if it's not what we want to hear, I think people would feel less jerked around if they just put the rumors to bed once and for all. There's a sense of trust we all put into a company like Disney. Even if that trust isn't necessarily warranted, a big part of their image as a family-friendly company is the *idea* that we can trust them. All this tight-lipped secrecy starts to feel a little sneaky in a way that doesn't jive with their branding.

Obviously they know we are all speaking about these things, as you saw with the Ohana noodle situation and how fast they brought that back.

A simple " Hey guys, we know you want fireworks and fast pass back, but we are not ready to bring it back just yet, etc etc " A little update goes a long way. Just explain to me why at this point.

Obviously they know we are all speaking about these things, as you saw with the Ohana noodle situation and how fast they brought that back.

A simple " Hey guys, we know you want fireworks and fast pass back, but we are not ready to bring it back just yet, etc etc " A little update goes a long way. Just explain to me why at this point.

For sure. And the longer it goes on without a simple update of that nature, the more and more I feel like we are really not going to like whatever that announcement entails when it does eventually come 🧐

I just received by Boo tickets in the mail. FP+ is on the top of the card. That could mean FP+ will be back by then. or I guess it could mean Disney is using up old stock. The cards are Mickey on one and Tink on the other. Why waste money printing event specific cards.

I just received by Boo tickets in the mail. FP+ is on the top of the card. That could mean FP+ will be back by then. or I guess it could mean Disney is using up old stock. The cards are Mickey on one and Tink on the other. Why waste money printing event specific cards.
Is the FP+ pass that came with the Boo tickets good for all rides or just one?

I don't think they ever stopped issuing those cards did they? Haven't paid much attention to that over the last year though. But I've always got the standard cards for party tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter