Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be great if the announced what the hell is happening with fp, they bring back the dining plan and announce music will reopen...A girl can dream. What time is this virtual conference happening?
I agree. I miss FP+. I know not everyone was a fan but we had become quite good at using it to our advantage. It was nice showing up and knowing that you were probably going to get to go on your favorite attractions (barring closures and the like). I can roll with changes, but I would like to know what the future is.

This thread was started more then 2 years ago. The answer to the original question has to be no. Paid FP didn't come soon.

I'll share the cynicism of other posters and think its unlikely Disney will leave $$$ on the table.

Some ideas I haven't read. Auction a limited number of FP on eBay.

Follow the airline pricing example, hotel guests who pay rack rate get free FPs. Guests who pay some discounted prices can buy some. Hotel Guests with the deepest discounts are out of luck.

Edited to add FP could be perk of a package booking. Room, dining, a round of min golf and FP.

Last edited:

Maybe it’s been said, but I’ve wondered if they’d add a MaxPass like at Disneyland. While it was annoying to pay an extra $80 a day, we were able to effectively use it. I suppose the two locations are not really comparable though.

I honestly believe it will be similar to Shanghai's system. You pay for a group of attractions. The highest amount is $80 for 8 attractions per person.

I honestly believe it will be similar to Shanghai's system. You pay for a group of attractions. The highest amount is $80 for 8 attractions per person.
Is that per day - or can you spread that over several days?

That's about the same amount Universal Studio charges for it's express pass. The cost is more during peak season. But it also offers free unlimited express pass to those staying at the premier hotels.

That's about the same amount Universal Studio charges for it's express pass. The cost is more during peak season. But it also offers free unlimited express pass to those staying at the premier hotels.
If that were similar at Disney and DVC resorts counted towards that, that would work fine by me! We usually stay DVC but when we don't we usually stay deluxe. Worked ourselves up from value years ago. No going back now!

Personally I like POP preferred pool better than some of the DVC deluxe studios. And my home resorts are VWL/ BRV and BLT...

If it is a specific group of attractions, I wouldn't like that, because there are too many individual rides we don't go on. So I wouldn't want a bundle to ride 8 different rides once each if that bundle includes several of no interest to us.

If it is a specific group of attractions, I wouldn't like that, because there are too many individual rides we don't go on. So I wouldn't want a bundle to ride 8 different rides once each if that bundle includes several of no interest to us.
They use specific groups of attractions.

We have a trip booked for July. First one since the start of the pandemic. We have been looking forward to it tremendously, having been forced to cancel a much anticipated, week-long trip planned for last June. But I'm coming around to the view that I will cancel if fastpasses (paid or free) or some other options to skip the lines are not reintroduced.

Like everyone else, I'm not excited about masks, reduced dining and shopping, and few if any shows, characters, and fireworks. But I understand the need for those changes, and they are not dealbreakers for us. The problem is, I expect capacity, and thus crowds, to continue to creep upwards over the coming months (unless we suffer a major setback in the vaccines versus variants fight). With many other things closed or reduced, increased crowds will just make the lines longer and longer.

We were pretty skilled at the refresh game, and were usually able to ride everything we wanted, while rarely waiting more than 15 minutes for any ride. If that's not coming back, then I'm willing to pay pretty handsomely to recreate the same experience. But if they don't give me that option, I just don't see dropping thousands of dollars to stand in lines all day. That's not how we have ever done Disney, and I don't think we would have a good experience with it. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. And I imagine that a great many guests who do choose to go this summer will end up having a frustrating and even kind of miserable experience if they have no way to avoid some of the lines. That can't be what Disney wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter