Pacman Cafe at Point Orlando

christi

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if this is open? I heard it shut for renovations a while ago and I'm not sure if it has reopened?

Hhhhmmmm not sure really, tho when we went in March i'm sure it was closed. In fact nearly all the shops were closed cause i remember my 2 DS's wanting to go into that big toy shop and being really disappointed cause it was closed.

Hope this helps u :)

They are remodeling the toy store area right now.. The large toys outside are gone and part of the building is gone. Rumor about a night club moving in but not sure. Stayed at the Rosen accross the street and could see all the construction. This was Oct 1 2005

These are confirmed and all opening in 2006 at the Pointe Orlando...

B.B. King's Blues Club
Oceanaire
The Capital Grille
Tommy Bahama's Cafe

Apparently there is more planned also, waste of time unless they do away with the crazy parking charges, in my opinion. Who wants to pay to park there to shop and be entertained when there are umpteen places that don't charge a penny?

christi said:
Can anyone tell me if this is open? I heard it shut for renovations a while ago and I'm not sure if it has reopened?

Rob sent me a message yesterday to say they had visited it and it was closed down.

kevin harrison said:
Apparently there is more planned also, waste of time unless they do away with the crazy parking charges, in my opinion. Who wants to pay to park there to shop and be entertained when there are umpteen places that don't charge a penny?

Been there many times and NEVER paid for parking.

Just get the ticket stamped at a restaurant, cinema etc

Major works going on at the ponte- Id give the place a miss there is not a lot there and you have to pay for parking, a lot of the shops have been demolished including the row where Abercrombie and the disney outlet was, the shawrtz (sp) toyshop is gone too.

There are many better places to go- dont waste your time with the ponte at the monent !!

Red-Snapper said:
Been there many times and NEVER paid for parking.

Just get the ticket stamped at a restaurant, cinema etc

So if you want to browse, how do you get to park for free?

christi said:

So Is this place opened or not?? :confused3

I have just been on the pointe web site and there is no mention of the pacman cafe.

Pacman is gone, as part of the major redevelopment. There are still some 40 shops and restaurants open (despite the look of total devastation!), but you might want to wait until this summer before most of the construction is complete. The new restaurants all look excellent additions and the parking fee will be taken care of if you eat there, visit the cinema or shop at one of the key stores. Here's the current list of what's open:

http://www.pointeorlandofl.com/directory.asp?pt=sho

We were there between 6 - 20 Jan and Pointe Orlando is a complete mess (at the moment) not too keen on what they have planned for it, but thats just my opinion.

Unfortunatley yes the Pacman Cafe has been completely knocked down, the side nearest international drive has been completely demolished, there are a few shops the other side but not alot left now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter