Overweight and running the MINNIE...

disneyfanz04

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team Captain<br>
My DSIL thinks she will be the only one who is overweight & running/walking the MINNIE...can you please help me convince her that there will be other overweight people. Are you alot overweight and running the MINNIE?? Please post so she sees other people!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I moved this over from the main WISH to the Events hoping that more event participants will respond.

While I am not able to participate in tghe Minnie, I can tell you that your SIL will not be alone. There are many ages and body types that you will see at the event. Be assured that she will be glad that she is there.

ME!!! Tell her she can join me in the Minnie - and we will certainly not be the only overweight people doing it! :thumbsup2 I've done a number of races at the World - Disney races are wonderful in that you have all kinds of people - from Tinkerbelles to Poohs. We'll have a blast! :teeth:

Come on over!!! My first 15K, 50lbs overweight...I'll be at the back of the pack..WALKING!! :thumbsup2 Anne

Tell her not to worry. She will not be alone!!!! There are people of every shape & size. It is a very welcoming atmosphere & you never feel intimidated by the "real athletes" Tell her to come & have a blast with us!! :cool1:

I cannot speak for Minnie--but many on my TNT Marathon Team at Disney were--we had several pooh sized do it...and they've got the medals to prove it.

Size doesn't matter to finish the race. Only hard work and perserverance.

We know we aren't going to be first--so as John Bingham would say--"What's the rush?" You have a time limit--use up every minute--but enjoy it.

All shapes and sizes do these events! Health and stamina aren't always measureable by how you look.

And let her know--by getting to the starting line--and especially the finish line--take a look in the crowds that are WATCHING and look at all the skinnies not racing. (granted--some may appear healthy but aren't--but still....there are those who can but choose not to---they are in the crowds watching b/c they didn't think it was possible---you are showing them that it is!)

ME too!!! I am about 40lbs heavier now than when I did the 1/2 marathon in 2005...but I am still doing this! I would have done the 1/2 this year, but had a c-section in late August and the recovery was very slow for me. Still, I am going to do this one and have faith that I can finish! Just getting out there and trying is 1/2 the battle!!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter