Overcharged Disney on ice

Luradaku

Earning My Ears
I took my stepson to Disney on ice back in March and we bought a lightning McQueen stuffed that was $25. I didn't get a receipt and with all the hustle and bustle around the table I didn't look when I signed so I didn't see that the gentleman charged us $225.

I had my bank investigate and I thought it was taken care of once I saw a $200 credit. However, about a week ago they put the charge bank on essentially saying "well they sent us a copy of the receipt. So sorry 'bout ya."

I'm really saddened and a bit lost. I wanted to make this a yearly thing with him since he enjoyed it but if I don't get this corrected then I'm certainly not giving them any more of my money.

What should I do?

Did they send you a letter that you could respond to? I was double charged for something and was not given a receipt because I was told the merchant's system went down and the charge didn't go through. When I received the form from the credit card company I sent a very detailed, long letter about what happened and the charge was reversed. Now it's possible the merchant did not fight the claim in my case. I would definitely ask for a copy of the receipt to see what items were listed. That's pretty shady that the vendor could probably tell you were overcharged and still said it was correct.

Did they send you a letter that you could respond to? I was double charged for something and was not given a receipt because I was told the merchant's system went down and the charge didn't go through. When I received the form from the credit card company I sent a very detailed, long letter about what happened and the charge was reversed. Now it's possible the merchant did not fight the claim in my case. I would definitely ask for a copy of the receipt to see what items were listed. That's pretty shady that the vendor could probably tell you were overcharged and still said it was correct.
I saw the copy, it's not itemized at all. No sku's and it doesn't even say that I just got one item (I was hoping for at least that much so I could say they don't sell anything for that much).

I screwed myself when I signed... I was more concerned with watching the guy who charged us because he had at least three cards in his hands and I wanted to make sure he didn't forget to give me my card.

I saw the copy, it's not itemized at all. No sku's and it doesn't even say that I just got one item (I was hoping for at least that much so I could say they don't sell anything for that much).

I screwed myself when I signed... I was more concerned with watching the guy who charged us because he had at least three cards in his hands and I wanted to make sure he didn't forget to give me my card.
And I'm still waiting on the letter from my bank. They said they sent one but I have seen it

The merchant won because they have a signed receipt for $225. The bank will not let you come back & say, "I signed it for $225 but it was supposed to be $25 - trust me." Sorry this happened to you.

What bank is this? If this is a debit card then the money is gone.

Sounds like the merchant possibly rang up someone else's purchases on your card. That stinks but unfortunately you probably won't be able to get your money back. I would still send a letter and I would also mention the part about the vendor having multiple cards in his hands and you being distracted, it couldn't hurt. This would put me off Disney on Ice too.

Since he had to type the prices in manually I assume he accidentally bumped the 2 twice. Honest mistake. I just wish they would see that we are all human and sometimes mess up. If it was a few bucks I wouldn't care so much but $200 is a lot of money for me.

I worked retail before having a baby in 2018 and ive had people threaten me with violence over much much less. Just sucks to feel so powerless.

I had something similar happen at great clips. I was supposed to be charged $33, but was accidentally charged $333. I didn’t even look at the receipt until I got home. I went back the next day and had a discussion with the manager. After some discussion that the charge was a mistake and nothing there costs $300, They reversed the charges.

I always make an effort to look at my receipt before leaving a business. Mistakes can and do happen.

Along with contacting Feld, I would also try sending a letter to the venue that hosted the event. They have a vested interest in happy customers being served well by the people they book into their facility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter