Outrageous Resort Rates for Passholders

liz138

Earning My Ears
Help! We've been passholders for two years and regularly visiting the parks for 5 years... I have never seen the Disney resort rates so HIGH! Especially the passholder rates! Does anyone know what's up? Suggestions? Etc.

Help! We've been passholders for two years and regularly visiting the parks for 5 years... I have never seen the Disney resort rates so HIGH! Especially the passholder rates! Does anyone know what's up? Suggestions? Etc.

I was just telling dh the same thing! We've got higher than usual AP rates at Pop Century for April and May bookings.

We're getting APs next month, and I've been calling about our upcoming trips. Every time, CMs tell me the AP rate is higher than what I would get with my PIN code (40% for deluxe.) I thought maybe it was because we don't actually have the AP yet, so they weren't quoting the actual AP rate (although I know they should, as long as we have it by check-in.)

Has anyone seen good AP rates for June?

I have an AP rate that I just got for March..I'm staying at a Deluxe and the AP rate is 45%..better than the PIN. I think that's pretty good...especially since I'm using it on a CL room.

I dont' find the prices bad at all (been an AP holder for 15 years). However, keep in mind that once a resort sells out of the discounted allotment, they do go back to full price, which I have noticed. However, below I did a search this morning for both Pop and Movies and these are the prices I got which are 40% off. This is a great price. I'm holding a reserveration for Saturday 4/24 @ $78 (less than 4 day rental so only 35% off). This is a weekend, so higher rates. Normally a weekend is $120, but now when I check it it does come up with $120 because there are no more AP discounted rooms left for that night at that resort.

Keep in mind that weekends are much higher than weekdays (which I do not like, but nothing you can do about it.)

Search as of 2/21/10 @ 8:30AM for Pop Century
Date Rate per Night
Thu, May 06 $ 63.00 (full price is $105)
Fri, May 07 $ 72.00 (full price is $120)
Sat, May 08 $ 72.00
Sun, May 09 $ 63.00

OP, sounds like you might be getting quotes for resorts that no longer have AP discounts left in the catagory or resort you're looking for. Try changing the dates and see if that makes a difference, if it does, then call, as there might be a glitch in the passholder website.

Can you do your own search with the AP discount codes?? I thought we had to call and have them do it. Where do you do your own search to see what's available with the AP rate?

(ETA: These are all preferred room rates)

These are the Pop Century rates we have:
4/22 - $78.00 - AP
4/23 - $135.00 - AP
4/24 - $135.00 - AP

I called back to change the arrival date to 4/21 and they had nothing available for Wed 4/21 - no APs or FL resident rooms.

But they did have AAA rooms available for the 4 nights. So now we have:
4/21 - $108.00 - AAA
4/22 - $108.00 - AAA
4/23 - $121.50 - AAA
4/24 - $121.50 - AAA

I am going to keep calling back to see if any AP or FL resident rooms open up.

And in May, over Memorial Day weekend holiday:
5/28 - $135.00 - AP
5/29 - $135.00 - AP
5/30 - $78.00 - AP

Yep, looks like the AP rates are sold out on those dates. Actually there is very little during that timeframe. It may have something to do with the McDonald's conference I ready about for that week. Anyway, first off, the $135 is full price for a perferred room. We have no problem with the standards, esp. at Pop. Also, check the Disney website for the public. I did a search on some dates, but realized later, they were not the same as yours, but here is a sample of public discounts on the main page.

All rooms have either 2 double-size beds or one king-size bed, table and chairs, vanity area with sink, and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include high-speed Internet access (additional fee), in-room wall safe, voice mail, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. A crib is available upon request. A mini-fridge is available upon request at a charge. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms offer views of the Resort hotel.

Date Rate per Night
Sat, Apr 24 $ 90.00
Sun, Apr 25 $ 78.75
Mon, Apr 26 $ 78.75

Yep, looks like the AP rates are sold out on those dates. Actually there is very little during that timeframe. It may have something to do with the McDonald's conference I ready about for that week. Anyway, first off, the $135 is full price for a perferred room. We have no problem with the standards, esp. at Pop. Also, check the Disney website for the public. I did a search on some dates, but realized later, they were not the same as yours, but here is a sample of public discounts on the main page.

I just checked the website and you are right. When we called and asked for a preferred AP rate we were given $135.00 but that is the regular rate! UGH! Now I'm really mad that they told me on the phone we had the AP discount for all 3 nights but really only had it for 1 night!

(We happen to like preferred as we have been disappointed a couple of times with being put way out in the 90s building when that is all that was available. But that is another story.)

JUJU814, you need to have an AP already or have purchased one with a certificate number to get on the passholder site. I booked our rooms for March 2-6 with a great 45% off code (DVC Villa).

WOW!! WOW! WOW!

I just called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was really upset about what AP rates they had given me on the phone vs rack rates on the website. The supervisor magically got me the following preferred AP rates:

4/21 = $72.00
4/22 = $72.00
4/23 = $81.00
4/24 = $81.00

5/28 = 87.75
5/29 = $87.75
5/30 = $78.00

SIGNIFICANTLY different than what I previously posted above.

n2mm, Thank you very much. Without your post, I would not have called back and raised holy you know what! :)

WOW!! WOW! WOW!

I just called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was really upset about what AP rates they had given me on the phone vs rack rates on the website. The supervisor magically got me the following preferred AP rates:

4/21 = $72.00
4/22 = $72.00
4/23 = $81.00
4/24 = $81.00

5/28 = 87.75
5/29 = $87.75
5/30 = $78.00

SIGNIFICANTLY different than what I previously posted above.

n2mm, Thank you very much. Without your post, I would not have called back and raised holy you know what! :)

WOW, that is great news. Glad you called! Now, run out and buy that lottery ticket!

My family will be visiting Disney in October for 8 days. Would it be worth the additional $200 or so dollars to get the AP discount on the room? My understanding is that only one person in our party needs to have an AP to get the discount. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks! princess:

In checking for AP rates for our Feb 5-12th stay (and I checked daily) there were times that the weekend rate did not show a discount. I was only checking daily to see if any Woods or Standard rooms opened up at WL since we had the 40% off PIN and APs as well. (they never did! but I did see this happening for some resorts - they give other options and they sometimes did too!)

I have an AP rate that I just got for March..I'm staying at a Deluxe and the AP rate is 45%..better than the PIN. I think that's pretty good...especially since I'm using it on a CL room.

Hi! I remember you posting about the 45% AP rate the night that we switched to the BC. After reading your post, I called back the next morning and asked about the AP rate! But when I asked about AP rate, the CM just quoted me the same offer that's available on the website (which is higher than the PIN.) But I bet that's because your room is CL, and we were only booking standard - maybe standard at the AP rate was sold out. Thinking about calling back to ask about CL . . .

We are moving from off-site (free gift from my sister), to the WL Club Level for one night to celebrate DH's birthday. We got the 42% AP rate (staying less than 5 days) and I am pleased since we are going in high season.
It was better than the bounce back that I had.

Hi! I remember you posting about the 45% AP rate the night that we switched to the BC. After reading your post, I called back the next morning and asked about the AP rate! But when I asked about AP rate, the CM just quoted me the same offer that's available on the website (which is higher than the PIN.) But I bet that's because your room is CL, and we were only booking standard - maybe standard at the AP rate was sold out. Thinking about calling back to ask about CL . . .

It could be. It's very funky the way it works. Originally, I had a standard view room at BC 9 nights at 45% AP discount. That was the code for 4+ nights (there are different codes..one for 1-3 nights, and one for 4 or more)

Well, I wanted to switch to CL. CL garden view WAS available, but not at the AP rate. The only AP rate CL room was a lagoon view for the last 8 nights..but not the first night. So, I said fine..put me in CL lagoon view last 8 nights, and keep me in standard view first night and we'll just switch rooms.

WELL, that would be all fine and dandy, except now it had to be 2 ressies..and the standard view, while available for AP discount with the 4+ nights was available, it was NOT available for 1-3 nights code..sooooo, the only 1-3 nights code regular room they had was a pool view. Soooo, now I'm at a pool view the first night with 42% discount, and the next morning switching to CL lagoon view for the next 8 nights.

I would LOVE for a CL to open up for my first night so I don't have to switch, but I'm not holding my breath. Now, nothing is available..even full price..except the 2 BR club level and well, ummmm, there's a reason they must be called the "vice presidential suite" LOL because only probably he could afford it!!!:rotfl: even WITH an AP discount!

Good luck! I bet things open up all the time. Heck, if there are a lot of people in the world changing their ressies like me (I did it 3 times before settling on this) there must be things opening up constantly.

Juju184, you were right!!! I called back once again this morning, and now they told me a great AP rate is available and we're saving even more! Thank you, thank you, thank you for encouraging me to not give up.

Really hoping for that CL Lagoon to become available for you and your daughter that first night!

ANyone know if it would be a better deal to do an AP instead of free dining? We are staying AKL conc. level??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!