Our May 5, 2022 WOC Dessert-less Dessert Party

I am seeing quite a few negative WOC dessert party reviews In Facebook groups today. Someone mentioned that they were told that they had doubled the number of tables and were struggling to keep up. For the price that's really not acceptable. I will certainly be following along before booking it for October.
That is worrisome. Would you mind updating here if you keep seeing negative reviews? (For those of us not on FB.) If they don’t get their act together before our trip in July I’ll probably cancel.

That is worrisome. Would you mind updating here if you keep seeing negative reviews? (For those of us not on FB.) If they don’t get their act together before our trip in July I’ll probably cancel.
Sure. The one I read today stated they lined up around 740 and were not seated until 844 (show starts at 9). They weren't able to order drinks and barley got the desserts before the show started.

Another one was that they couldn't see because where they had placed some tables, the standing view folks were directly in front of them. So they had to stand to see, but then couldn't stand because then the folks behind them couldn't see.

Another one states they didn't have enough chairs for their party and kids had to sit on laps.

I hope for Disney's sake they figure this out AND people email and make a stink.. it doesn't get better if no one says anything.

It makes me sad because the WOC has been a highlight of our past trips.. hopefully the reviews go back up.

We just booked for early July. I was shocked how easy it was to get a reservation which probably runs inline with them adding more tables. I hope it is a positive experience as this is our first ever dessert party. It was a pricey add on, but based on past reviews seemed worth it. We shall see!

I know it's not the same, but we had great luck rolling up at the last minute for fireworks and Harmonious at WDW, with good views even though we only got there a few minutes beforehand. With that experience, and all the negative we're hearing about the dessert party, we decided to skip it and spend our money elsewhere. We'll do the 2nd showing so it will hopefully be less crowded anyway.

OP, I'm sorry that happened. It really is unacceptable. I'm glad they have processed your refund at least.

Sure. The one I read today stated they lined up around 740 and were not seated until 844 (show starts at 9). They weren't able to order drinks and barley got the desserts before the show started.

Another one was that they couldn't see because where they had placed some tables, the standing view folks were directly in front of them. So they had to stand to see, but then couldn't stand because then the folks behind them couldn't see.

Another one states they didn't have enough chairs for their party and kids had to sit on laps.

I hope for Disney's sake they figure this out AND people email and make a stink.. it doesn't get better if no one says anything.

It makes me sad because the WOC has been a highlight of our past trips.. hopefully the reviews go back up.
Wow--- that is absolutely unacceptable. At the price you pay to not even get drinks, or for kids not to have a chair after paying full price, and that table placement is all ridiculous. I hope everyone affected is throwing a fit. If I didn't have a seat or get drinks, I would expect a partial refund.

Ugh - I haven't had any intention in paying for the dessert party but now I wonder what all these negative reviews mean for the general population trying to view. Wondering if that will cause more chaos? I know it's hard to predict and our trip isn't for some time, but it's disappointing to hear all of this is going on.

While that is terrible, look at the bright side. You got to sit at a reserved spot for the show. You received free drinks. You didn't pay a ridiculous amount for some crappy desserts. Overall, sounds like a win for me. If they offered this, I would sign up in an instant!

Ugh - I haven't had any intention in paying for the dessert party but now I wonder what all these negative reviews mean for the general population trying to view. Wondering if that will cause more chaos? I know it's hard to predict and our trip isn't for some time, but it's disappointing to hear all of this is going on.
We had a great dessert party. 🤷‍♀️

I am seeing quite a few negative WOC dessert party reviews In Facebook groups today. Someone mentioned that they were told that they had doubled the number of tables and were struggling to keep up. For the price that's really not acceptable. I will certainly be following along before booking it for October.
We were there on what I believe was a doubled night and it was fine. At least it was doubled from pre-covid numbers.

If they expanded more I don’t know where that section would be. The entire section was full of tables.

Were their kids under 3? I believe under 3 are supposed to be on laps.

No, Disney will refund you if the show is canceled. It says it right there on the dessert party page.

You might be thinking of the dining packages. They say no refund if the show is cancelled.
Then this language is new, or newer. I know not getting a show was a risk in the past. But again, a very low risk because it is very rare for World of Color to be canceled.
Oh that’s new! They used to not refund for show cancellation.

Yes, they didn’t used to refund for show cancelation. That refund policy is new.

While that is terrible, look at the bright side. You got to sit at a reserved spot for the show. You received free drinks. You didn't pay a ridiculous amount for some crappy desserts. Overall, sounds like a win for me. If they offered this, I would sign up in an instant!

I would normally agree, unfortunately, after receiving the luke-warm tea (one correct, the other not), we had to continue to ask what was going on. Not one single person took it upon themselves to come and advise us of what had happened. We spent the entire show wondering what was going on, and honestly, I felt unable to give the show my full attention because of that.

Also, as my husband had suffered an injury earlier in the day, had they come to us and said that they were unable to fulfill what we had paid for and offered a credit for same, we would have taken the refund and left so my husband could elevate his injured foot. Instead, we waited, in good faith, and were treated to a shoulder shrug and very cavalier attitudes.

This is not the Disney we had come to appreciate and expect in all of our previous trips (both DL and WDW).

I’ve been following this thread and completely understand the OP frustration. Having said that, we had a wonderful party last weekend. The system seemed organized and the service was good. I’m not a sweets fan so I wasn’t blown away by the desserts but the view and the service were great. I will be booking again in December without question.
I just wanted to throw out a positive because they get lost among the not so perfect experiences.
Have a great trip!

**Final Update**

Received a call from Disney Guest Services today. We rehashed everything that was already in the emails both I and my TA had sent into them.

By the end of the 15 minute call, although I did not feel Disney really gave $0.02 about the issues we had, the cast member was quite apologetic, and we agreed to a $400.00 credit back to our credit card. The $400 was in relation to the injury my husband sustained, not the dessertless dessert party. Honestly, since they had already credited the money for the dessert party, it felt like the guest services cast member could care less about that issue and/or my feelings about it. Lesson learned.

For all those that have followed along, thanks for your support. I am ready to move on from it, although it will be a while before we return to Disneyland (decided on Universal Hollywood next year instead). The next time we do go to Disney - it'll be WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!