Our First Disneyland Thanksgiving

We'll be there for Thanksgiving this year, too. We normally go the 4 days before Thanksgiving or the weekend after, so we've never been there on the big day. But, this year, vacation plans just worked out that way.

I will say that the whole week is pretty crowded. Make sure to start your day early, take a break in the middle if you need it, and go back late at night for more fun. The majority of people will be there from about 11AM-the fireworks. After that, the park starts clearing out. Have a game plan, too. Know your time and use it well.

In terms of Thanksgiving meals, I'm looking for reviews, too, so I'm hoping to piggyback onto the original discussion. I don't want to do the Disneyland Hotel as it's way too expensive and would cut into our park time. We'll be at Disneyland as opposed to DCA on the actual holiday. We're looking at potentially eating at Blue Bayou, Carnation, or River Belle. Another option might be the restaurant at PPH since we're staying there, but I think it's almost as expensive as the DLH one. Which one would be best for their Thanksgiving offerings and which is most kid-friendly? Any thoughts?

someone mentioned $100 a person for DL Thanksgiving feast...I was quoted $180 a person today! I could not believe it!

someone mentioned $100 a person for DL Thanksgiving feast...I was quoted $180 a person today! I could not believe it!
Last year was $120 plus tax an d tip, so around $150. This year is $180 including tax and tip, so up about $30 from last year.

I will be in DLR on Thanksgiving Day and am also interested in some advice.. Subscribing!
I’ve been to DL on the past three or four Thanksgivings - from open to early afternoon-ish. I’ve never found it exceptionally busy. I plan to be there again this year in short, I believe that crowds won’t be that big of a deal. Hopefully :-).

We were there Thursday-Saturday for Thanksgiving 2018 and had a blast. Only Saturday seemed crowded to the point that it made me cranky, but that also could have been because it was day 3 in the parks (and of lots of family time in our 10 person family). On day 1 we got turkey legs and corn and took them back to the house we rented for our Thanksgiving meal. We ate, watched a movie and rested, then went back to the park in time for the parade.

Day 2 was our DCA day and it didn't seem crowded at all. Not light crowds necessarily, just normal. I was surprised. The only time we waited an insane time in a line was about 5:30 pm. We had FPs for about 8:30, but there was nothing available before that. There were no more FPs for Radiator Springs at all. Everything was a 45+ minute wait, and RSR was the only one any of us wanted to wait for, so we waited for 2 hours (🤯). Normally we wouldn't do that, and if we'd had park hoppers we'd have hopped right over to DL, but we didn't so we bought some snacks and got in line.

Saturday (Day 3) was the day I got cranky. DH and I went back to the house around 1 for some peace and quiet. We had lunch, watched tv, took a nap. Around 5 we headed back to the park and closed it down. That midday break helped a lot. It was warm and crowded and I was tired (of walking, of people, of all of it) but after our break, it had cooled off considerably and the crowds were more manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter