Our Disney Baby Nursery

I would like to go next fall when the crowds are low and he will be almost 1

it isnt really about the baby as much as creating memories for yourself.
The baby can ride everything without a height restriction. Which is MANY.

and this way you can get that baby used to characters and will not have a screaming mess on your hands 2 years from now

My thoughts exactly!!! I'm hoping for some smiles from my four month old when she meets some characters and goes on some of the rides, but the trip is mostly for me and DH to have a week not interrupted by work, housework, chores, etc and just to enjoy some Florida weather and some time in the parks at the baby's pace. We will be doing more character meet and greets than usual...can't wait to see those pictures of her with the characters!!

Cute nursery. And good luck to you and baby. It's a happy time and it brings back warm memories for me.

I wouldn't worry about bringing your child to WDW as a baby. My only thought is about the time of year. My DD was born in Miami in July. We went to the MetroZoo a month later, and she was broiling in her stroller. There's not a lot of netting to let a breeze run thru it. And it was difficult to keep the sun out, as we changed directions so much. Orlando can get as hot, if not hotter, than Miami in the summer months.

I have been two different times with two different three-month-olds. Great trips both times.

Very cute nursery! Loved the hidden Mickey's on the tree! Our 2nd son was just shy of 8 months when we took him for the first time. The pictures with the princesses and the characters are priceless. I don't think you can ever be too young or old for Disney :)

Melissa

since school is not a factor...do you guys recommend a particular time of year to go?

since school is not a factor...do you guys recommend a particular time of year to go?

I always do september. It seems the least busy crowds are always at a 1 or 2 level. I'm not familiar with other times except January and that can be cold.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks so much for all of the info....I can now go and try to convince my wife to make a trip next year

Great room! My wife and I just had twins, and so we have been debating when to take the kids for their first Disney trip. I think we are going to wait until they are 1 and then give it a try!

Very nice, the tree is awesome. Good luck and congratulations!:earsboy:

yea we were thinking taking our little one at 1 yr old but I want him to enjoy it and don't know what all he can do

Great nursery! My own Avery (she's a girl though) took her first trip to Disney when she was just 11 weeks old. It really wasn't much different than any of our other trips. Now at 7 yrs old, she is just as addicted to all things Disney as much as I am. ;)

I've taken my kids at 2 and 3 for their first trips.

They thoroughly enjoyed it but lugging around strollers and diaper/baby/toddler bags around the parks became a PIA. I didn't realize how much until DD was 5 and we didn't have her stroller. It was such a magical trip. :goodvibes

If I ever have more kids I think I would wait until they don't need a stroller to take them. Maybe 4-5.

Thanks for the responses so much....if you want to follow our journey we are going to do a weekly video every week of the first year of his life so click the SUBSCRIBE button to YouTube

My wife is due any day now and is it always normal to be this anxious about it? I need time to hurry up but I dont want to wish my life away lol

My wife is due any day now and is it always normal to be this anxious about it? I need time to hurry up but I dont want to wish my life away lol

Yes, Anxiety Central up until birth. The precise moment our DD was born, all that anxiety and worry floated away. I immediately understood that everything was going to be OK, now that our baby had entered our lives! Best to you, mom and baby on your child's birth day and ever after. :grouphug:

My son was not quite 2 yrs old the first time we took him to Disney. He is now 16 yrs old and is just as addicted to Disney as I am. We go many times a year now, he reminds me every time we go that he learned how to swim at Typhoon Lagoon. So many years of such wonderful memories for us.

When the pediatrician says it is time to go.... GO! Otherwise, remember that the happiest place on earth is also (one of) the germiest places on earth. Little babies don't belong in big crowds.....

Congratulations, and the nursery is so cute! I love the hidden Mickeys in the tree :goodvibes What an exciting time! We are expecting baby #5 in a couple months and plan on going back to Disney in 2015, so she will be between 16-19 months old on our next trip. I agree that the best age to take a baby to Disney is the age you as parents feel comfortable taking them. It is really about creating memories as a family and enjoying the experiences of that moment in time. On our past two Disney trips we saw plenty of families with infants in tow. During our August 2011 trip, we sat next to a family with a two month old at the Festival of the Liong King show at Animal Kingdom, and at Hollywood Studios we chatted with another family with a two month old while waiting in the Sorcerer Mickey meet and greet line. :goodvibes

Cute nursery. Good luck with the new little one. We took DD who is 3 to WDW for the first time at 9mo. That was a great age. She was old enough to engage with her surrounding but still wasn't walking. Her next visit when she was walking at 21 mo. was a whole different ball game for her father and me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter