Our Disney Baby Nursery

Our youngest DS who is now seven went for the first time at 2 months old we had a great experience with him there and one of my best memories was of my 2 asleep in the stroller together and all the princess' where all over him at breakfast one morning with Mulan leaving a big red kiss on his forehead

We took all our babies really young. 2-3 months old. :) My only advice is to go in cooler weather. Maybe Nov-March. Otherwise, it gets so hot for them, being carried around against your hot body, or sitting in an infant seat.
We love slings and front carriers(say no to baby bjorns, though) and they are perfect in cooler weather at the parks. :thumbsup2

We just took DD5mo and DS2.5 to wdw in September. They both LOVED it! :goodvibes It was so much fun to see their excitement about everything. I personally wouldn't want to take a baby younger than 4 mo to wdw in the summer or September. It's just so hot! And I wouldn't want to take a baby younger than 3 mo at any time of the year. There are just so many people and so many germs that I wouldn't feel comfortable with it personally. But obviously a lot of people have had great experiences with younger babies. It really just comes down to what you feel comfortable with for your family. The kids love it no matter what age they go. I think DS' idea of heaven has a Dumbo ride and DD's has the Festival of the Lion King show. :lmao:

We just took DD5mo and DS2.5 to wdw in September. They both LOVED it! :goodvibes It was so much fun to see their excitement about everything. I personally wouldn't want to take a baby younger than 4 mo to wdw in the summer or September. It's just so hot! And I wouldn't want to take a baby younger than 3 mo at any time of the year. There are just so many people and so many germs that I wouldn't feel comfortable with it personally. But obviously a lot of people have had great experiences with younger babies. It really just comes down to what you feel comfortable with for your family. The kids love it no matter what age they go. I think DS' idea of heaven has a Dumbo ride and DD's has the Festival of the Lion King show. :lmao:

I completely agree with the recommendations on age/heat here! We usually go in September but the year DD was born she would have only been 2 months. We moved to early December (just after parade taping) and it was fantastic for us that year! 4 months old was perfect, the weather was easy to manage with layers, it was nice that she was nursing or getting bottles and we didnt have to worry about baby food (starts at 6 months). She slept in the stroller or in our Ergo carrier ..she loved to touch and kiss the character noses...it was great fun and an excellent reason to see Disney at Christmas! (Our DS was 4 at the time so we covered alot of ground and park hours were short so no need for midday breaks at the resort, just found places to chillax at the parks!))

The nursery looks great! My brother and sister in law are planning a similar theme for their child but with Peter Pan as central.

yea we were thinking taking our little one at 1 yr old but I want him to enjoy it and don't know what all he can do

I had Zachary in 2001 and didn't think he would be able to do anything so his first trip was at 18 months.

I had Caleb 2011 and his first trip was at 9 months. Couldn't hold back the oldest from going to Disney just because I had another kid :scratchin He was able to do plenty. He enjoyed the characters and the rides. He also enjoyed the simple things most people rush past like watching the water jump around in the fountains, the birds pecking at the ground, the parades, the boats etc.. After bringing Caleb so young I feel bad that I made Zach wait almost 9 months later

His 2nd trip he was 21 months and he had a blast. Not too thrilled with the characters except for Mickey. He didn't scream or carry on with the characters just froze and put his head down. He had a ball on the rides, playing in front of the Back Lot Tours spray truck and
playing in the rain (well the drizzle).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter