Our dining reviews from 1/15-1/23 updated thru Day 6

jworthy

Mouseketeer
This is my first Dining Review so bear with me. I wasn't planning on doing a review, but since we had some excellent meals and a couple not so good, I have felt compelled to share our thoughts.

The cast is DS (2), DW and myself. We were on the DDP. DS obviously wasn't on the DDP, so he shared with us or we bought OOP some side dishes for him.

Reviews for CS: PM, Pinnochio's, Sunshine Seasons, Pecos Bill, Backlot Express, Planet Hollywood, and Tusker House.

Reviews for TS: WCC, Le Cellier, 50's PT, GFC, Narcoossee's, LTT, Capt Jacks.

Day 1:

We arrived from MCO to CSR late at night, around 7 pm. So we only had a CS meal at the PM.

DW had the chicken fajitas. She said they were horrible, lacking flavor and were poorly cooked. In fact she said they were the worst she has ever had.

I had the ribeye steak, with baked potato and veggies. The steak was mediocre at best and the veggies were uneatable. The baked potato was ok.

DS shared from the 2 of us. During this trip, the terrible 2 syndrom hit and his appetite was lacking. Most of the meals we did our best just to keep him calm.

One thing about our last trip at POR, DW really loved the ice cream cookie sandwich they had for desert. She was disappointed that they didn't offer that at the PM, so we simply got a scoop of ice cream as my desert and a cookie for her desert and combined the two. This helped make my DW happy, on a night we were highly disappointed.

Overall I would give it a 2 out of a 5.

Day 2

For CS, we ate at Pinnochio's.

DW had the Veggie Pizza combo and I had the Pepperoni Pizza combo and DS shared with an applesauce. I really liked the pizza. It was very fresh (we arrived right at 11).

Overall: 4.5/5

For TS, we ate at WCC.

This was our first trip at WCC. We had heard of many great reviews and seen several photos. We were both looking forward to this meal. DW ordered the nachos and meatloaf. While I had the skillet. I ate most of the nachos and DW had my salad. The food was great, except for the nachos, which were just ok. I especially loved the pork in the skillet topped with the warm barbeque sauce they had provided. DS just shared from the 2 of us. DS wasn't in a very good mood for this meal, at least not till the pony races. We ended up ordering the desert to go. I never ate mine, but DW said she ate hers and liked it very much. I enjoyed our meal and service was good. Our server was polite and tried to be attentive despite two large parties she was also serving.

Food: 4.5/5
Service: 4/5
Ambience: 4.5/5

We will definitely return on a future trip.

I'll be interested to see what you have to say about 50's and Cap'n Jacks as there two are on our list for our next trip.

I to am looking forward to the reviews as we are eating at alot of the same places in July.:yay:

Day 3

For CS, we ate at the Sunshine Seasons @ The Land in Epcot

This was our best CS meal. Everything tasted very good. They have such a good selection of food, but we ended up splitting a 2 entree meal at the asian counter. We had Thai chicken, Mongolion beef (I think), rice and broccoli. We had key lime pie for desert. Again everything tasted excellent. My only negative on this CS is that it is hard to find a table and move around, especially now that Soarin is right next to it.

Overall: 5/5

For TS, we ate at Le Cellier.

This was a must return from our last trip, at least for DW. Although I liked our last trip here last year, I didn't love it as much as her. I tried getting an ADR later in the week for here, but they were all booked. So we went on this day (Wednesday). We had a 6:20 ADR and we arrived about 25 min. early. We were seated around 6:15.

We had a nice table with plenty of room. Our server was very nice and attentive. For appetisers, DW ordered the salad (DW is on weight watchers, but wasn't really following it for this trip) and I ordered the kabobs. I had the shrimp cocktail last year and wasn't impressed. So, I ordered the kabobs, mainly because of the good reviews, despite the fact I was going to order steak as well. The kabobs were excellent and I highly recommend them. As for our entrees, DW had her favorite the mushroom filet. She said it was excellent and cooked exactly to her likeing. I ordered the maple filet. I didn't care for the New York from last year, so I made sure to try the filet instead. I had the maple/barbeque sauce on the side, as I wasn't sure if I would like it. This was without a doubt the best steak I have ever eaten at any WDW restaurant. The sauce really helped and I would highly recommend this steak to anyone. As for DS, we ordered a hot dog on the side. We paid OOP for this and it was only about $4. He didn't eat much of this but I thought it was pretty good. We ordered our desert to go and can't exactly remember what it was....mousehead and chocolate cake, I think. I do remember eating back in the room and enjoying it.

Food: 5/5
Service: 4.5/5
Ambiance: 4.5/5
Overall: 5/5

We will most definitely return on our next trip!

Great reviews!

WCC is one of the restaurants we're considering to eat at on our upcomming Aug trip.

Day 4

For CS we ate at Pecos Bill:

We commited a DIS sin here and failed to get here early. We arrived about 12:30 and it was packed. Couldn't hardly find a seat and it was just slow moving. We ended up splitting a Double Cheeseburger and the DW made a nice little salad out of the fixin bar. I thought the burger was fair at best, the bacon was hard.

Overall: 2.5/5

For TS we ate at 50's PT:

We had a 6:20 ADR and were seated within 10 min. We were seated at the same time as 3 other families, so our server handled all 4 families at the same time. Our server was very spunky and played her part very much. I was immediately told I better take off my hat along with another man. One gentleman seated next to us quickly got into playful teasing with the server, like a brother and sister might do. Our server won those battles. We enjoyed the setting and it was nice that all 4 families shared in the humor.

For appetizers DW ordered the fried herb cheese. She liked it very much and so did our DS. I ordered the shrimp cocktail. It was good, but there weren't very many shrimp. DW had a vanilla shake and I had a chocolate shake. Both were very good. Meanwhile, DS had a soy milk, which he pretty much had at all of the TS's.

For entrees DW ordered the pot roast. She thought it was good, but not as good as her mom's. While I ordered the fried chicken. I thought it was very good. I gave the leg to DS of course.

For desserts DW had the brownie sundae while I had the Angel Food cake with strawberries. DW did not like the brownie, but did like the ice cream. I loved my desert. DS got his own ice cream, which was not dairy. It was very nice of the server and she didn't charge us for the desert or his milk. Our DS and her seemed to hit it off pretty good.

Food: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Ambiance: 4.5/5

We liked this restaurant and found it to be a nice change. We will most likely return on a future visit.

Glad to hear you liked 50's since that's a must on our list this year. We wanted to go last year and had made the ADR, but then found out it would be closed for refurbishment during our trip, so we had to wait. Last year we didn't do the DDP and went off-site for most meals, with only planning for 2 on-site TS meals. When we found out about the refurbishment, we ended up only going to 1 on-site TS.

Day 5

For CS we ate at Tusker House

My DW really enjoyed Tusker House last year, so we ate there on our visit to AK. We splitted a chicken sandwich and cheesecake. I liked the chicken sandwich and was still hungry so I got another. The tusker house is one of our favorite CS's and it didn't let us down this time either.

For TS we ate at The Grand Floridian Cafe.

We were originally planning on eating at the Kona Cafe, but the DW felt there wasn't anything on the menu she might like. Since we wanted to eat at a monorail resort, we decided to give GFC a try. GFC was barely 1/2 full at around 6 pm and we were seated immediately. Our server was brand new. She didn't even know the menu, the DDP, or the table #'s. We weren't exactly in any hurry, so it didn't really bother us. But, as you might imagine our service was a bit slow.

For appetizers, DW ordered the crab cakes and I ordered the spinach dip. DW did not like the crab cakes, and I didn't really care for the spinach dip as well. DW said the cakes were to 'fishy', while my dip was ok, the bread was poor.

For entrees, DW ordered the shrimp and prosciutto penne pasta and I had the prime rib. I ordered my prime rip medium and it came out medium rare, which was ok with me. However the prime rib tasted horrible and was extremely tough. I thought the potatoes that came with it was horrible as well. Meanwhile DW hated her pasta. All she ate was the shrimp. I tried it, and I almost had to spit it out it was so bad. This was by far the worst tasting meal we have ever had at WDW, including CS. DS had a side order of mac'n'cheese, which we were incorrectly billed for, but fixed.

For deserts, DW ordered 2 (they are small and 2 count as 1) and had the key lime pie and cheesecake, while I ordered the fondue (counts as 1), mainly for DS. DW didn't like the pie as well. I thought the fondue was ok, but some of the fruit was way too over-ripe.

As you can tell, this was not an enjoyable dining experience, but I guess not all of our meals can be great. We will never return to this restaurant.

Food: 1/5
Service: 3/5
Ambiance: 2/5
Overall: 1/5

Thanks for the reviews, we are going to 50's Prime time in July and now I'm really looking forward to it.

Kathryn

Day 6

For CS we ate at Planet Hollywood

We were originally going to eat at WGP express, but their computer wasn't working and we couldn't use our DDP credits. Instead of trying the other WGP on the other side of DD, we just ended up using our $15 voucher at PH. Both the food and service at PH was good, but not great. We ended up ordering a turkey club and a cheeseburger. We spent about $10 oop.

Overall: 3/5

For TS we ate at Narcoossee's

This was our only signature meal and we were a little concerned on what to expect, considering our poor meal at GFC the previous night. It just seems to us that the GF is not our cup of tea. We had a 5:30 ADR and were a few minutes late, but were seated immediately. The restaurant wasn't even half full yet. We wanted this early ADR, so we could make it to MK to watch SM parade at 7pm.

For appetizers, DW ordered the salad, while I ordered the chowder. I thought hard about getting the mussels, but I didn't. At first, I didn't like the chowder, but I ended up finding it was rather good and enjoyed it. DW liked her salad.

For entrees, both DW and I the steak and lobster. I didn't care for the steak at all. I didn't like the gravy on it and it was a little tough. Nothing like the steak at Le Cellier. DW though, liked her steak. I thought the lobster was good, but not the best I have had.

DS just shared some of ours and had a fruit bowl, which ended up everywhere but in his tummy. Since DS wasn't cooperating very well, we ended up trying to get our desert to go. It was about 6:30 and I took him for a walk while DW would order our deserts and take care of the bill. Up to this point I thought the server was nice and attentive. Unfortunately, DW didn't come out of the restaurant till about 7:05, even though our server knew we wanted to leave. DW said that she just disappeared for 30 minutes. This was a little bit upsetting, due to the fact we wanted to see SM, which had already started. Overall the food was good, but not great. It seems to us that the signatures aren't any better and definitely not worth 2 credits, unless you have them to spare. We probably will try somewhere else next time.

Food: 3.5/5
Service: 2.5/5
Ambiance: 5/5
Overall: 3/5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter