Other alternatives? Where are you going this summer or early fall?

I did Yellowstone and Grand Teton on my own. Got lucky and found some campsite and hotel availability a few months out and just rented a car. It's tough to do national parks on a tour bus IMO.

Just back from our Classic Journeys trip to the San Juan Islands. We had an amazing time - my wife said it was her best vacation ever! The islands are beautiful, the weather was great, and we saw fabulous flora and fauna. Plus, there were only two other people on the trip, and we all got along really well (and have been continuing to keep in touch after the trip). We also had probably the most incredible guide we’ve ever had on any trip. Accommodations were convenient and comfortable, and the food was absolutely delicious. I would definitely consider traveling with them again - the only real downside is that they often start and end their trips at places you have to get to/from on your own. ABD definitely has them beat with their pick-up/drop-off at a major airport to begin/end their trips. But do visit the San Juan Islands if you get a chance - truly a hidden gem.

Just back from our Classic Journeys trip to the San Juan Islands. We had an amazing time - my wife said it was her best vacation ever! The islands are beautiful, the weather was great, and we saw fabulous flora and fauna. Plus, there were only two other people on the trip, and we all got along really well (and have been continuing to keep in touch after the trip). We also had probably the most incredible guide we’ve ever had on any trip. Accommodations were convenient and comfortable, and the food was absolutely delicious. I would definitely consider traveling with them again - the only real downside is that they often start and end their trips at places you have to get to/from on your own. ABD definitely has them beat with their pick-up/drop-off at a major airport to begin/end their trips. But do visit the San Juan Islands if you get a chance - truly a hidden gem.
Thanks for the report! I have a trip to the American Southwest with Classic Journeys in October. It's good to hear more good reports for them. I've also wanted to go to the San Juan Islands for a while, so I will definitely keep them in mind!

Sayhello

Headed to Charleston for three days right before Thanksgiving. This will be my first completely solo trip. Figured I'd better get used to it, since my travel partner will be off to college in a couple of years.

Booked the Fairmont Banff Springs for Christmas (we were supposed to take this trip last year). I can't tell you how excited I am for this!

Both of these trips are "on our own", but I have plans to utilize local tour vendors for both. I can report back, if anyone is interested.

That San Juan Islands trip sounds fantastic. It's been on my long-list, but I may need to move it to the short-list!

a company that we booked for late August called Mountain Based does trips to the Mighty 5 in Utah, as well as Yellowstone/Grand Titons. We have not used them before, but they have received glowing reviews on Trip Advisor,
Mountain Based sounds amazing! Their website is a little light on itinerary details "after a day of activities..." did you get a more detailed itinerary after contacting them?

Mountain Based sounds amazing! Their website is a little light on itinerary details "after a day of activities..." did you get a more detailed itinerary after contacting them?
When you click on the trip you are interested in, scroll to the area beneath the availability calendar, and you will see a detailed daily itinerary below that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter