OT: Party Favors

PolyndianPrincessJes

<font color=blue>Alias: TotalSnowWhite<br><font co
DS's birthday party is next weekend. He's having a pirate and princess party. Each child will get their treasure bag (personalized with iron-on transfers) and play games around the room to collect their treasure (party favors). I asked parents to RSVP by yesterday so I could have all the bags ready. I realized that may be a little early for some parents, so I did get extra items.

My questions is...would you be offended if your child's bag was not personalized? I work during the week and probably won't have time to finish the late RSVP bags, and, obviously, I won't have personalized bags for those who do not RSVP but show up anyway. The bags are cute anyway, but I happened to have a TON of transfer paper and wanted to give the bags a little extra something (they're little striped canvas bags I found at a closing sale for $.50 a piece!).

IMO if they can't bother to RSVP, they have no right to complain about the bag. Their kid is getting a bag, they should be happy with that.

IMO if they can't bother to RSVP, they have no right to complain about the bag. Their kid is getting a bag, they should be happy with that.

That was my initial thought, but, of course, I must be the happy hostess. :cutie::lmao:

I wouldn't worry about personalizing the bags for the ones that didn't RSVP by now either. I would just have a few generic just in case. Have fun at your party! I always stress out about having everything perfect and then forget to have fun myself.

If you are really worried, I would just buy a fabric marker to add the kids who didn't RSVP. Won't be the same, but at least their names will be on them.
Donna

I wouldn't worry about personalizing the bags for the ones that didn't RSVP by now either. I would just have a few generic just in case. Have fun at your party! I always stress out about having everything perfect and then forget to have fun myself.

Me, too!! This year I've actually hired a photographer because I never remember to take pictures of the party! :rotfl:

If you are really worried, I would just buy a fabric marker to add the kids who didn't RSVP. Won't be the same, but at least their names will be on them.
Donna

Ooh, good idea! :idea: Didn't even occur to me.

the fabric marker is a great suggestion!
Why is it that people do not RSVP? It drives me crazy, we are having a party for DD in two weeks and there are still 5 people who have not responded. grrrrrr.....

What type of favors are you putting in the bags? I would love some suggestions as we have never given goody bags before!

the fabric marker is a great suggestion!
Why is it that people do not RSVP? It drives me crazy, we are having a party for DD in two weeks and there are still 5 people who have not responded. grrrrrr.....

What type of favors are you putting in the bags? I would love some suggestions as we have never given goody bags before!

I should have put "RSVP or Regrets," that way I'd know if people actually can't come or they're just being lazy.

Each game will have a treasure chest full of the same prize.

Snow White's Salon (mini-BBB) - little lip glosses (got 6 packs on clearance at Target for $1.48)
Captain Hook's Tattoo Nook (temp tat parlor) - extra temp tats
Fairy Godmother's Wand Shop (decorate foam wands) - the wands (3 packs at Dollar Tree)
Captain Jack's Treasure (pin the treasure chest on the "X") - board books ($.25 at Target's Dollar Spot during 75% clearance)
Princess Pics (dress-up and picture corner) - tiaras ($1 from Target)
Pirate Poses (dress-up and picture corner) - pirate gear sets (each set includes eye patch, earring, coins, scarf and came in packs of 6 for $1.98 on clearance at Target)
Pinata - Hershey's Nuggets, chocolate coins, miscellaneous prizes I picked up throughout the year (princess pens, mardi gras beads, pirate stickers, etc.)

I normally hate goody bags (as a parent who throws the contents away as soon as it hits the play room floor), but I know kids love 'em. I tried to get things that will be used, but I'm completely ok with the fact that other moms are like me and will curse my name on the way home from the party.

I'm also a fan of one nicer party favor instead of a bag of junk. Last year each child got a Cars activity set (about $5 for coloring book, crayons and stickers).

Your party sounds like so much fun! I love to get party prizes and favors at the 75% Dollar spot too, you can't beat it:goodvibes I don't understand why people don't RSVP! I always put my email, phone number, and usually do a party blog where people can message their RSVP, and still half the people who come to my DD's parties don't RSVP. Where's the RSVP police when you need them :lmao:

Your party sounds like so much fun! I love to get party prizes and favors at the 75% Dollar spot too, you can't beat it:goodvibes I don't understand why people don't RSVP! I always put my email, phone number, and usually do a party blog where people can message their RSVP, and still half the people who come to my DD's parties don't RSVP. Where's the RSVP police when you need them :lmao:

Amen, sister!

Thanks! I know I'm on a bad path to trying to outdo myself every year, but I got a degree in PR and really paid attention to event planning. :laughing: I have a little side business doing events, so I like to think of his parties as advertising (and really fun to plan!!). :rotfl:

still half the people who come to my DD's parties don't RSVP. Where's the RSVP police when you need them :lmao:
I'll tell you how to solve that problem: Send out invitations that list the date and theme, but NOT the time and date. Write something like "RSVP by _____ for party location and date." They'll literally be unable to attend unless they've called you ahead of time. Do not feel bad about someone being "left out" -- instead, consider it a life lesson.
Amen, sister!

Thanks! I know I'm on a bad path to trying to outdo myself every year, but I got a degree in PR and really paid attention to event planning. :laughing: I have a little side business doing events, so I like to think of his parties as advertising (and really fun to plan!!). :rotfl:
I think the real question is whether YOU'LL be okay with some kids having plain bags!

I just had a party yesterday - end of school - and sent out 30 total invites to my 2 son's classes.
Only 8 bothered to RSVP - 1 to regret.
Of the 7 who said they would come, only 5 actually made it.
I had supplies and goody bags for 16 , but only opened the packages as needed and assembled goody bags on site. Obviously some suppies are getting returned.
I don't understand how RSVP became reply only if you are coming. I thought you were supposed to reply regardless.

I don't personalize anything - makes life easier :)

I think the real question is whether YOU'LL be okay with some kids having plain bags!

:lmao: Too true, too true!

I just had a party yesterday - end of school - and sent out 30 total invites to my 2 son's classes.
Only 8 bothered to RSVP - 1 to regret.
Of the 7 who said they would come, only 5 actually made it.
I had supplies and goody bags for 16 , but only opened the packages as needed and assembled goody bags on site. Obviously some suppies are getting returned.
I don't understand how RSVP became reply only if you are coming. I thought you were supposed to reply regardless.

I don't personalize anything - makes life easier :)

Yes, but I'm the one who makes personalized shirts for each day at Disney, make my invitations and thank you notes online (as opposed to buying them at Target...thank you VistaPrint for being darn near FREE!!:banana:), made a custom tutu for DS's little girlfriend using her fave princess (Pocahontas...no wonder she likes DS ;)), etc., etc., etc. Easier isn't in the job description. :lmao: I love that kind of stuff, it's my guilty pleasure!! Especially since my kids' names are never (and never will be) on any pre-personalized items. :laughing:

I hear you about the RSVPs. The last few parties I have thrown for my kids there have been few RSVPs. If I know the parents or have phone numbers I don't mind calling to check, but it's hard with first graders who I don't have phone numbers for.

It's gotten bad enough (6 girls invited, 2 RSVP yes, 4 don't respond, 1 of RSVPs sick = 1 girl attending plus an older sister) that I am seriously rethinking birthday parties for next year.

From talking to my friends, I'm not the only one having this problem. I don't know if the invitees' parents figure that with a whole class invited they won't be missed, or if my low-key parties at home aren't as "cool" as the big-money outings.

I agree with the PP who said they don't personalize things or open bags until the party starts to see how much they actually use. Save those receipts! I took back several things after my daughters' one-friend party in April.:sad1:

PHXscuba

People who put a lot of effort into planning/arranging parties generally RSVP, because they understand what goes into a good party....Those who have drop off parties at Chuck E...you know, that other mouse,...not so much!:confused3

Your event sounds great! You've worked hard, so relax and enjoy the smiles of your children!:cake:pirate:

People who put a lot of effort into planning/arranging parties generally RSVP, because they understand what goes into a good party....Those who have drop off parties at Chuck E...you know, that other mouse,...not so much!:confused3

Oh, yes, the other mouse...:rotfl:

Your event sounds great! You've worked hard, so relax and enjoy the smiles of your children!:cake:pirate:

Hehe! Thanks! That's the plan (now if I can just stick with it ;)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter