OT--digital camera under $200

here is a Hot deal on a Kodak Easyshare 5.0 MP camera for $129.99 at overstock.com

LINK

I'd recommend a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ-2. It's under $200 (try www.bhphotovideo.com) and has software embedded in the camera that stabilizes pictures so that your otherwise shaky pictures come out clear. It's very good, and you don't appreicate the stabilization software until it's there protecting you from blurry low-light or high-telephoto shots.

I personally recommend HP.. Ive had a Kodak easyshare before and the pictures werent all that great and I paid over $400 for it.. however that was a few years back and I hear good things about them now.. I can only assume they have improved them.. My last camera I bought was an HP for under $150 and the pictures are awesome..

If you go to www.dealsofamerica.com and scroll down a ways you'll see buy.com is selling the A610 for $184.94 w/ free shipping which is an excellent price since it's been selling in the $210-$220 range online. This is a GREAT camera (I own one myself). Swivel LCD screen, sharp pictures, fairly pocketable and if you go to the Photography board you'll find lots of Canon lovers!!

I just bought a Canon SD550 a few months ago and I love it. I think I paid about $230 for it through Dell. You may want to check out the Photography board, they had some great advice there. Also, check the Hot Deals forum at www.fatwallet.com for any current deals on digital cameras.

both make cameras with really good optics. I can't recommend specific model #'s 'cuz I haven't camera shopped in awhile, and they change so fast. But, last time I researched it, both companies had lower-end cameras that got good reviews, and I can honestly say I've never seen a fuzzy, pixelated or otherwise crummy pictures taken with either a Canon or a Sony. I have a friend who's a Creative Memories consultant, who just bought a new camera; she did quite a bit of research, and ended up with a $200 Canon, and her pics are beautiful. She said a guy at a camera shop told her that companies that make very good high end cameras will usually also have a low-end camera that's quite good too. Not sure how true that is, but it worked for her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter