Orlando Smackdown: Dis vs. Uni. Ch.16 Japan Hates me, Just Hates me 7-13

hmmmm.... what's this? looks like a TR. Maybe I'll pop in and see what's what.

ponzi, are you excited??? tell us your itinerary!

Whoopsie! Somehow missed that post before we left.

I'll do ya one better... I'll tell you all about it. Deal?

Ponzi's headin' across the pond (zi) now!

Have fun!!

Okay... now that's funny.
And while there were some bumps in the road, we did have fun... well except for that one really bad thing, of course.

Have fun Ponzi! (Did I really just say that? I mean seriously? He's going on vacation, away from home, to a place he has never been, and will be surrounded by his family and magnificent scenes...Drat...now I'm depressed because I'm at work :crazy2:)

Thanks TMW!

You're depressed... I have to go back to work now... but not too soon... or maybe not for a while...

Ponzie I know you are already on your way but have a safe trip and have lots of fun.

Thanks Betsey!

and on another note" SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE hubby just ordered tickets to D23 for next Saturday. So excited. I won tickets to the first one they did back in 09 and it was amazing. Cannot wait to see it this year.

Hey! That's great! How was it?

One more post this morning before work, I think we all need to start saving up and have a big dis meet at the 2015 D23 show. hehehe

Or.... Elle, just told me that she doesn't want an expensive Grad dress, or an expensive anything.... just a trip to Disney when she graduates... in 2015.

hmmmmmm.....

Note for Neebs. See you still haven't posted much, so I deduce the wrist is still causing probs (plus, since T-man said you were in a brace, etc). Hope you're feeling better, dude.

Hope your wrist continues to heal Nebo.

I'm down for 2015. I will have to start saving now.

Where's the TR Ponzi?

And where's Smidgy???

Or.... Elle, just told me that she doesn't want an expensive Grad dress, or an expensive anything.... just a trip to Disney when she graduates... in 2015.

2015 is a good year for Lady H and myself. We're going to Hawaii next year and want to go back to Orlando in 2015. Don't mind DL either. We would be able to do either or. I think. Depending on when in 2015.

I third that suggestion, al together now, "smidgy,smidgy Smidgy!"
poor nebo. Hope he knows how much we all miss him but want him to heal up well.

Yeah, I'm in too... Smidgy! Smidgy! Smidgy! We hope you're taking care of yourself while you have to take extra care of Nebo too. But also, a story time would be great! ;) :flower3:

I'll do ya one better... I'll tell you all about it. Deal?

Oh ok.

And while there were some bumps in the road, we did have fun... well except for that one really bad thing, of course.

Alright now, don't horn in on Nebo's schtick!

...but not an Expensive trip to Disney, right?

Where does everyone want to stay?

Here are my choices by category:

Value: Pop or Music
Mod: POR - Riverside or FQ
Deluxe: AKL or WL

The other deluxes are too expensive for us.

We fly down and don't rent a car so like to stay onsite. We also like to get the dining plan.

Neboites unite in 2015!!! party:

Welcome back, Ponzi!

I certainly want to hear all about your trip.

And 2015 sounds good to me, I should be here, LOL

Where's the TR Ponzi?

Soon... Gotta recover from jetlag. It's 8pm... feels like 3am.

Worth it, though.

2015 is a good year for Lady H and myself. We're going to Hawaii next year and want to go back to Orlando in 2015. Don't mind DL either. We would be able to do either or. I think. Depending on when in 2015.

Grad is end of June, but who knows what's gonna happen after.

Alright now, don't horn in on Nebo's schtick! :flower3:

I have to! How else am I gonna get a bunch of DISers to read a non Disney (mostly) TR?

The other deluxes are too expensive for us.

We fly down and don't rent a car so like to stay onsite. We also like to get the dining plan.

Wow. That's word for word my list too.

Welcome back, Ponzi!

I certainly want to hear all about your trip.

Thanks! And you will! :)

Well, Ponzi, great minds think alike!!!

My step daughter also graduated in 2015 but their school ends in May. Hopefully we can all get there at the same time.

Seriously, give us a heads up when you start your TR.

Well, Ponzi, great minds think alike!!!

My step daughter also graduated in 2015 but their school ends in May. Hopefully we can all get there at the same time.

Seriously, give us a heads up when you start your TR.

Oh, I will. Just gotta start feeling better first. Soon, hopefully.

2015, huh? that's a long way away! we usually do a spring trip. have to see how the $ goes.

ohkitty, we like all those resorts. moderates are our favs, then pop. we only do the ding plan anymore when they offer free dining. they rasied the price WAY too much. and we just can't eat all that food anymore. last time we ate at prime time, we split a meal.

getting ready for work.. I may also end up babysitting kaylee and mason one full day a week now that they are close. DIL going back to worl.

also trying to catch up on Mad man (ooops, mad MEN, tv show, not nebo:rotfl:) I'll maybe try writing a chapter, but my funny stories are all done!

2015, huh? that's a long way away! we usually do a spring trip. have to see how the $ goes.

We usually plan well in advance... plus... Elle dances competitively and we (the parents who go broke supporting their darling dancing children) agreed that we would go to "World Championships" every second year if they qualify.
1. They always qualify
2. 2014 is the second year

which means no Disney in 2014... but probably a drive.... through Chicago.

Just sayin'...

I'll maybe try writing a chapter, but my funny stories are all done!

That's okay. Steve's funny stories were all done years ago! :rolleyes1:

One more post this morning before work, I think we all need to start saving up and have a big dis meet at the 2015 D23 show. hehehe
I'm not going to lie.... I'm not a "D23"... I'm not even 100% sure what it is.

I'm still around. It will proabably be a while before Nebo is though. Talked to him last night. He's doing good. He said it's been hard to us the confuser with the brace on his wrist, so he hasn't even tried. Plus he doesn't want to push his recovery too fast and it not heal right.

I wonder if we can get smidgy to write a chapter? She's filled in really good for his absence.
Poor Nebs... sorry he's not healing as fast as he wants to. I agree... don't want to push him though and make it worse. Also-- Smidgy has been doing a GREAT job since Nebo had to take his leave of absinth... or.. wait..

Soon... Gotta recover from jetlag. It's 8pm... feels like 3am.

Worth it, though.
Super glad you're back Pkondz... bad news for my PTR/TR though... can't wait to see the mess you make over there.

#1 if we go, we like to stay at WL... I've never stayed at any of the values and we are going to be at POR this trip, for the first time. So, I'll have to put in my 2 cents when we get back.

#2... we should all have t-shirts made that say that! Neboites unite in 2015! That would be awesome... I can see the shirts now. Pknods can totally photoshop Nebo's face on Nixon's body with the peace signs... and then in the middle and it'll say "Neboites unite" at the top and "in 2015" below the pic... it'll be great!:yay::yay:

Super glad you're back Pkondz... bad news for my PTR/TR though... can't wait to see the mess you make over there.

Gotta be honest. I'm not big on PTRs. I'll pop over and catch up, but probably won't comment much. I did click the link in your siggie and subscribe (you guys make a cute couple, BTW), so I'm partway there already.

#1 if we go, we like to stay at WL... I've never stayed at any of the values and we are going to be at POR this trip, for the first time. So, I'll have to put in my 2 cents when we get back.

WL is on the bucket list.... Heck that might even make Ruby wanna go... but we'll see. 2015 is our 25th anni. So might not wanna spend much there, but save for anni trip somewhere else.

#2... we should all have t-shirts made that say that! Neboites unite in 2015! That would be awesome... I can see the shirts now. Pknods can totally photoshop Nebo's face on Nixon's body with the peace signs... and then in the middle and it'll say "Neboites unite" at the top and "in 2015" below the pic... it'll be great!:yay::yay:

I think that might make Nebo feel self conscious and uncomfortable.... which of course is another good reason to do it.

do we mean a "code brown"? :eek:

Why yes, that's exactly what happened and you guys were my very first thought, once the EWW! thought passed through my mind.

I sure wish you could have seen DD swim Smidgy. She has become quite the little fish! :)

And I have been AWOL as well, largely due to a quick trip to Myrtle Beach before school started and then the arrival of school this week. The process for school was a little more involved this year, with DS in third grade and DD in kindergarten. We had parent orientation last Monday night, two parent teacher conferences on Tuesday, first day for DS on Wednesday and special kid orientation for DD, Thursday was a regular day, and DD started kindergarten on Friday. Boy was she ever excited!

(and whoever says God doesn't approve of sex never read the book of Solomon... but.. I digress....)

Are you ever right about Song of Solomon! I had the experience of reading out loud an entire chapter of that book when I was in 7th grade and a member of my church's youth group. I turned absolutely beet red and trust me, I have never thought of navels and wineglasses in the same light! :sad2:

I am so glad to hear the good news about the twins! And I love your story about Jackson and the game.

Your explanation about laughing with children, enjoying them, is one of the biggest reasons that we love going to the World with our kids. It gets us out of the rut of our daily responsibilities and allows us to just "be" with the kids and have fun with them. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything! ;)

PKONDZ!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your trip! Did you guys have a great time?

And I would love to see the Pkondz family at WDW......I do owe you the "all you can eat" ZDs at Boma! ;)

still putting in my vote for 2015 in Anaheim for the D23 expo as a dis meet:)

PKONDZ!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your trip! Did you guys have a great time?

And I would love to see the Pkondz family at WDW......I do owe you the "all you can eat" ZDs at Boma! ;)

Gee! What a nice welcome home. :goodvibes

Did we have a great time? Read the TR lady! :rotfl:

You most certainly do not "owe" me any ZDs!!!! But I will of course gladly scarf down any you should happen to set down in front of me. :rolleyes:

Gee! What a nice welcome home. :goodvibes

Did we have a great time? Read the TR lady! :rotfl:

You most certainly do not "owe" me any ZDs!!!! But I will of course gladly scarf down any you should happen to set down in front of me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, you know I'm in for the Pkondz European Vacation TR. The question was merely to verify that your trip was less "eventful" than the Griswold vacay across the pond. With your planning skills, I doubt the success of your trip was ever in question.

I can't wait! You do know you are my favorite Canadian, right? DS literally finished a book on the Canadian Mounted Police yesterday. He learned that Canada is the third largest country in the world, behind China and the overall land mass of Russia(yes, for the sake of the statement in the book I'm grouping all the tiny countries in the former USSR together....roll with me here, it's an old third grade book).

When I broke out in song with the World Showcase "Canada, My Canada" and referenced Mr. Pkondz, he said "I knew you were going to do that".

Sigh....yep, my third grader has me figured out. :sad2:

Yeah, yeah, you know I'm in for the Pkondz European Vacation TR. The question was merely to verify that your trip was less "eventful" than the Griswold vacay across the pond. With your planning skills, I doubt the success of your trip was ever in question.

Oh, how I wish it had been.

You do know you are my favorite Canadian, right?

I don't know whether to blush... or be secretly pleased that you've just made Nebo throw up in his mouth a little.

DS literally finished a book on the Canadian Mounted Police yesterday. He learned that Canada is the third largest country in the world, behind China and the overall land mass of Russia(yes, for the sake of the statement in the book I'm grouping all the tiny countries in the former USSR together....roll with me here, it's an old third grade book).

That's odd. China is usually listed as 4th largest. Behind the States, actually. So I Googled it... Depending on the site, the top 4 (not including Antartica) are either
1. Russia 2. Canada 3. China 4. USA
or
1. Russia 2. Canada 3. USA 4. China

Don't ask me which is right.

When I broke out in song with the World Showcase "Canada, My Canada" and referenced Mr. Pkondz, he said "I knew you were going to do that".

Sigh....yep, my third grader has me figured out. :sad2:

:lmao:

I'll be starting the TR soon. First gotta finish up the Thumper's, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter