Orlando in September

Chol

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

We thinking of going to WDW in September 2022 school holidays, but have never been that time of year. Does anyone know how the weather compares to the Brisbane Summer?

Thanks!

I was there for 3 weeks in Sept 2018. Weather for us was like a Brisbane summer but from all reports we were quite lucky. We had temps rarely above low 30’s, often just high 20’s. Humidity was higher than Brissie but rain was infrequent (maybe 3-4 days with afternoon showers altogether). Storms are common at that time of year however so be aware of that (more like FNQ in say December/January afaik). They will close the pools if they see a storm rolling in but that happened to us only once the entire 3+ weeks. When it does happen, it’s usually only a couple of hours or so, typical tropical weather for late summer/early autumn.
Our trip we spent a week on a Disney cruise/Port Canaveral, 3 days in the Keys and 17 nights at Disney/Universal and weather didn’t interfere with us much at all except for the aforementioned pool closure and the morning we arrived at Castaway Cay where we were delayed for an hour or so. I will say that EPCOT was oppressive the 2 times we visited, probably due to the expanse of concrete pathways and plazas everywhere and not much shade. We didn’t enjoy Food and Wine as much as we thought as a result.
Off topic and you may be aware of it but for tickets, look at the UK 7/14/21 day tickets. Much cheaper than the US multi day tickets and they are all inclusive (parkhopper, water parks, memory maker etc). Things may change of course but the legit ticket resellers (Orlando Attraction Tickets, Floridatix etc) will deliver them to Australia. Same for the Universal 14 day park explorers. Things may change in the current environment of course but that’s the case atm.
Have fun planning. Be interesting to see the changes Genie+ brings about.

Last edited:
From what I have heard hot and humid in Septemeber.

You live in hope you will be able to get there.

I was there for 3 weeks in Sept 2018. Weather for us was like a Brisbane summer but from all reports we were quite lucky. We had temps rarely above low 30’s, often just high 20’s. Humidity was higher than Brissie but rain was infrequent (maybe 3-4 days with afternoon showers altogether). Storms are common at that time of year however so be aware of that (more like FNQ in say December/January afaik). They will close the pools if they see a storm rolling in but that happened to us only once the entire 3+ weeks. When it does happen, it’s usually only a couple of hours or so, typical tropical weather for late summer/early autumn.
Our trip we spent a week on a Disney cruise/Port Canaveral, 3 days in the Keys and 17 nights at Disney/Universal and weather didn’t interfere with us much at all except for the aforementioned pool closure and the morning we arrived at Castaway Cay where we were delayed for an hour or so. I will say that EPCOT was oppressive the 2 times we visited, probably due to the expanse of concrete pathways and plazas everywhere and not much shade. We didn’t enjoy Food and Wine as much as we thought as a result.
Off topic and you may be aware of it but for tickets, look at the UK 7/14/21 day tickets. Much cheaper than the US multi day tickets and they are all inclusive (parkhopper, water parks, memory maker etc). Things may change of course but the legit ticket resellers (Orlando Attraction Tickets, Floridatix etc) will deliver them to Australia. Same for the Universal 14 day park explorers. Things may change in the current environment of course but that’s the case atm.

Thanks for the detail and the ticket info is much appreciated. I heard of people getting family to send UK passes to Australia but I didn't know u could order them online.

Orlando Attraction Tickets and Attraction Tickets Direct both currently have delivery options to Australia. Floridatix does not seem to. Also looks like Memory Maker is not included beyond this year. Things may well change so I’d keep an eye on it.
I used OAT and the tickets arrived in just over 3 weeks. Would have been quicker but Royal Mail sent them to Austria despite them been correctly addressed to Australia.

@ColinA Do u have any tentative plans?

Not while there are restrictions on travel. We can not get out of our own LGA or state. Who knows when this crap will end.

I keep renting the points out!

Not while there are restrictions on travel. We can not get out of our own LGA or state. Who knows when this crap will end.

I keep renting the points out!

Hopefully we hear good things in December. Thinking Hawaii first before going all in on Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter