Orbitz or AirTran website to book?

wdwfanatic316

DIS Veteran
I'm getting ready to book my Wichita to Orlando flight, and I'm trying to decide whether to book on orbitz or AirTran.com for the same price. I normally like to book directly through the airline bec I had problems in the past with flights being cancelled and not being notified through orbitz. However, they have the price assurance guarantee, which would be a bonus bec my flight will already be about $100 more than what I'm used to paying. Any thoughts? Anyone ever actually get a refund check? Thanks! :goodvibes

Book it through the airline's website, trust me, it's not worth the hassle. And remember the price guarantee is only good for the EXACT same flight configuration you purchased. Meaning someone else on the exact same flight would need to book through Orbitz for the exact same set of flights. Although possible, highly unlikely and doens't outweigh the ability to control your flight when booking direct.

Have you read the "price assurance" terms?

If someone books the exact same flights you do via Orbitz for a lower price then you get a refund...

odds of this happening are so slim that it's not worth trying...

Book with the airline so when something goes wrong you don't have to call Orbitz, but can deal directly with Air Tran.

And with Airtran, if the price of your flights go down, you can call Airtran and get a credit for the difference. It goes to your A+ rewards account but can be used to pay for seat assignments and I think for baggage fees. I always use it for the next flights that I have to book.

And with Airtran, if the price of your flights go down, you can call Airtran and get a credit for the difference. It goes to your A+ rewards account but can be used to pay for seat assignments and I think for baggage fees. I always use it for the next flights that I have to book.

Thanks for that info! I went ahead and booked using my a+ rewards acct. :banana: such a relief to get that settled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter