Orange County Fl may lift mask mandate by June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure who was buying into Memory Maker while having to do so wearing masks? We get Memory Maker each year but opted not to get it this year, for that very reason. We don't go till July - so maybe we'll reconsider...I just think this is the precursor to a non-mandatory mask policy which will go into effect by Summer.
We kept it during Thanksgiving week specifically to have a professional quality archive of the event. Not something we’d do again while the mandate exists, though.

I think people are putting way too much faith in the CDC - Disney obviously takes the CDC guidance into consideration and will follow what it recommends but it isn't bound by the CDC. I also think people are missing the fact that Disney is about making profits, I know this isn't a popular opinion, however, it's the truth. Disney will weigh making up lost revenue vs CDC "guidance" - Disney has a lot of weight on the policies that are implemented in Orange County. I would be willing to be that an "unofficial" announcement is made around Memorial Day about masks, if not sooner. I am not really sure Disney cares when you made your reservation - you have to make an announcement at some point and someone will be effected, like it or not. People with June reservations will have to deal with it - just like those this week who have to take pictures with masks.
This exactly. The current policies are not in place b/c they care about ppl. They’re there b/c that’s what they needed to do to open, what looked best for PR & what they thought would be the most profitable plan in these times. As soon as they can “get away” with higher capacity & less restrictions, they will.

Disney won’t change their mask mandate based on what Orange County does. When Disney lifts it, it will be based on CDC recommendations. Makes zero difference if the county has one or doesn’t.

There won’t be any impact on WDW policy due to this.
Do you have inside information, or is this just your bias/opinion that you are passing off as fact?

You dont make an announcement like that 2 months in advance. What happens to the people currently on vacation or have a planned trip between the announcement and it becoming effective in July? You think people with June reservations are going to be ok with knowing that Disney is fine with taking masks away outdoors in July, but not June? 99.9999% chance Disney makes an announcement no more than 5-10 days before allowing you to walk around outdoors without a mask

As someone with a June reservation, I second this. 😂 I would be so salty though- I would easily push our trip out if it meant no dying of heat in our masks when outside.

I do think the agreement with the CM unions will have the most say in this though.

As someone with a June reservation, I second this. 😂 I would be so salty though- I would easily push our trip out if it meant no dying of heat in our masks when outside.

I do think the agreement with the CM unions will have the most say in this though.

June wouldn’t even be as bad as, say they announced in May that July 7th the mask mandate in the parks would drop. You think guests that have trips scheduled July 1st-July 6th are going to accept that a day after their trip ends that they don’t have to wear a mask?

We’re trying to stop people from abusing CMs, verbally and physically...not make it worse for them

I said this before. Disney is going to get rid of the masks on oct 1. Of course this is just my opinion. If I’m right it’s not good news for me as I’m going sep 19-26. Hope it’s earlier than oct 1 but I see Disney waiting until the 50th anniversary of wdw. Of course this is just mandatory masks you will always be allowed to wear a mask.

In other news . . .
Florida has become the first state to surpass 3,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 variants, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
No other state has even 2,000 variant cases and only two (Michigan and Minnesota) have reached 1,000.
The CDC’s latest data shows 3,191 cases of the U.K. (B.1.1.7) strain, up from 2,351 in the previous numbers from the end of last week.
In addition, Florida has found 64 cases of the Brazilian (P.1) variant (up from 55) and 24 cases of the South African (B.1.351) strain (up from 16). FWIW
Florida also has the highest travel rate - what is not mentioned is the death rate (Florida is 27th on the list) with the highest case count and deaths in and near Miami. So some perspective on the doom and gloom always helps.

This exactly. The current policies are not in place b/c they care about ppl. They’re there b/c that’s what they needed to do to open, what looked best for PR & what they thought would be the most profitable plan in these times. As soon as they can “get away” with higher capacity & less restrictions, they will.
Unfortunately this is an unpopular opinion but one that is true, we all like to think of Disney as our Happy Place, and it is ...however to make it our Happy Place, they need to make a profit. Disney has been bleeding money since this whole thing happened. They will take every opportunity to make up this money as quickly as possible. Disney will not put people in danger, as they have proven, they will however, take calculated risks and test the waters leading to the 50th. The business end of Disney exists so that we see the Happy side.

Do you have inside information, or is this just your bias/opinion that you are passing off as fact?
That is an opinion - Disney will do what Disney deems good for Disney. It looks good if it's in line with the CDC but solely based on what the CDC says. Disney has a lot of pull on what happens in Orange County. Ultimately Disney will do what it wants -"The Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) is the immediate governing jurisdiction for the land of the Walt Disney World Resort. "

Florida also has the highest travel rate - what is not
In other news . . .
Florida has become the first state to surpass 3,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 variants, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
No other state has even 2,000 variant cases and only two (Michigan and Minnesota) have reached 1,000.
The CDC’s latest data shows 3,191 cases of the U.K. (B.1.1.7) strain, up from 2,351 in the previous numbers from the end of last week.
In addition, Florida has found 64 cases of the Brazilian (P.1) variant (up from 55) and 24 cases of the South African (B.1.351) strain (up from 16). FWIW
The highest Covid rates are in the Miami Dade area not Orange County where Disney World is located.
Many people in the NY area own a second home in Miami and fled NY when covid got bad there increasing the FL numbers.
See chart and look at the different in Miami vs Orange County
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/florida00BD3D78-53B0-4D28-A92C-1EE23BC609A1.png

June wouldn’t even be as bad as, say they announced in May that July 7th the mask mandate in the parks would drop. You think guests that have trips scheduled July 1st-July 6th are going to accept that a day after their trip ends that they don’t have to wear a mask?

We’re trying to stop people from abusing CMs, verbally and physically...not make it worse for them
So you see a booking discount announced in May that starts on July 8th, but you are there July1st to July 7th? Are you going to accept that you missed the discount? You either rebook or deal with it - it happens every year. Same goes for ride refurbs and many other issues at Disney - Disney does what Disney deems good for them and they will continue to do so.

So you see a booking discount announced in May that starts on July 8th, but you are there July1st to July 7th? Are you going to accept that you missed the discount? You either rebook or deal with it - it happens every year. Same goes for ride refurbs and many other issues at Disney - Disney does what Disney deems good for them and they will continue to do so.

Apples to Jackfruit.

We already saw Disney move up the face covering removal for outdoor pictures to today. Why? Because whats the point in arguing with guests over 1 day when you’ve already revealed when youre allowing the pictures be taken without a mask in a few days. Disney is not going to sacrifice PR and Health and Safety for 2 months for reservations that would come regardless of when they make the announcement. Disney does what Disney deems good for them. You know whats not good for them? Having 2 months with low reservations because people cancelled and rebooked to when masks were lifted. By giving a small window, they can have their cake and eat it

Apples to Jackfruit.

We already saw Disney move up the face covering removal for outdoor pictures to today. Why? Because whats the point in arguing with guests over 1 day when you’ve already revealed when youre allowing the pictures be taken without a mask in a few days. Disney is not going to sacrifice PR and Health and Safety for 2 months for reservations that would come regardless of when they make the announcement. Disney does what Disney deems good for them. You know whats not good for them? Having 2 months with low reservations because people cancelled and rebooked to when masks were lifted. By giving a small window, they can have their cake and eat it

This. I wouldn't expect any announcement from WDW concerning COVID protocol changes to give much in the way of lead time.

Apples to Jackfruit.

You are going on the premise that the majority of guests even have the option to change and rebook. Most do not - flights and plans are locked. There will not be a mass exodus from bookings if an announcement is made a month or so ahead. Disney is not having nor will they have low reservations...

So as to not cause this thread to be shut down...here is some news:

"Mayor Demings (Orange County) said that he thinks the mask mandate will end as we get closer to 50% of the total population having been vaccinated. Mayor Demings also said that depending on how quickly they are able to get shots in the arms of people, then they’ll make that determination. Demings said that he believes by the time we get to June, they might be close to that 50% vaccination level. "

Again, let the debate begin...

So as to not cause this thread to be shut down...here is some news:

"Mayor Demings (Orange County) said that he thinks the mask mandate will end as we get closer to 50% of the total population having been vaccinated. Mayor Demings also said that depending on how quickly they are able to get shots in the arms of people, then they’ll make that determination. Demings said that he believes by the time we get to June, they might be close to that 50% vaccination level. "

Again, let the debate begin...
And eliminate the temperature checks

Disney won’t change their mask mandate based on what Orange County does. When Disney lifts it, it will be based on CDC recommendations. Makes zero difference if the county has one or doesn’t.

There won’t be any impact on WDW policy due to this.
Isn't there? If the county mandated masks wouldn't masks be required? This has an impact because WDW couldn't have removed the mask mandate without this happening first. It doesn't mean WDW will, but now they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter