• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Options For a Party of 6 - 8 Adults??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
This will be the largest group we've traveled to WDW with yet so I can use some advice concerning lodging 'In the World'. My first thought is to get 2 connecting rooms at Dolphin at the Teacher's Rate which would come to about $280 per night with tax. etc. included. Are there options at this price or somewhat more having a kitchen and multiple bedrooms? We're looking at the last few days in Feb. through March 6, 2004. I posted on the DVC Points Trading forum and got some good info on studio units and I'm familiar with the amount of room we'd have with connecting rooms at a moderate, but am I overlooking something? There will be a 2 yr. old and three of the young adults would probably appreciate having a few cheap meals in the room so an efficiency apt. type of arrangement would be nice. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

hummmmmmmmmmm, are any adults sharing the expenses, did you all plan on staying together? Did you want to stay on site? What we did was stay in a two bedroom suite at the Comtemporary. It will sleep 8 and above with kitchenette, micro, refrig.,3 bathrooms, lg dining table, lg living area, lots of room! Quite expensive but so worth the opportunity of staying together comfortably.

lindylou,

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this option. We do want to stay together and on-site, a chance to store food and cook a little is desireable for the sake of the toddler and the young adults. I'll be footing the lodging bill myself so the 'kids' need worry only about meals/spending money.

Bill From PA

You could also get a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West. Depending on your time frame you could get it for as low as 479 a night. In addition for having ample space for 8 people, they won't charge you the 25.00 per person per night over 2 adults. This would be a better deal in my opinion as far as price is concerned. You could then spend that extra money on some nicer meal options. Hope that helps!!! Enjoy your stay!!:)

Have you thought about a FW Cabin? The sleep six adults with a full kitchen - rates with an AP or code are probably around the same as the teachers rate at S/D. I think just a tad higher. There is only 1 bathroom, but I think an extra sink in the bedroom.

Melissa

Don't try 6 adults in a cabin! There is only 1 bathroom, 1 sink, and 1 TV! Plus it gets very crowded in the living room with the murphy bed down. Maybe 2 cabins. They are really nice, but COZY!

A suite at the CR sounds wonderful, but it's got to cost a lot more than $300/night. OK, I just looked up a 2 BR suite & the value season rack rate is $1500 + tax per night. Maybe you could get a good code rate? :)

If you've looked into renting points, that is probably your least expensive option with a kitchen(ette). OKW uses the least points, and I think BWV standard view is next cheapest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter