opinions needed

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
we are going to wdw 4/19/2018 to 4/28/2018.
we arrive at MCO around 1pm and have a 8 day park ticket, no hoppers.
I am trying to decide if going to a park on arrival day is a good idea even if only for a couple of hours?
It will be a Thursday and I am leaning towards AK for FoP and RoL.....hoping they will close later than 7pm....or would you skip a park that day completely...we are staying at POP...thanks

at that number of days already, it's such a small additional cost to add an extra day or two on the park tickets, so I say go for it. Personally, I would probably go crazy if I got there 1pm and was waiting until the next day to hit one of the parks.

If you have the day and want to use it, then why not? Based on your dates you have to use one of your eight days on your arrival or departure day, plus extra days at that point are inexpensive. Keep in mind that if you land at 1 PM and are doing Magical Express, I wouldn't expect to be at POP until around 3 PM.

Personally I usually like to take it easy on my arrival day and go to Disney Springs or something, but I never have the extra days on my ticket either. There's no real drawback it sounds like.

We went late April and the parks closed pretty early. If it was me, I'd skip the park on arrival day. Instead I think I would get to the resort, check in if possible, and then if its nice - relax by the pool for a bit. Get an ADR for a nice place for dinner and let it be a relaxing arrival day. We stayed at Pop, too.

I agree with everyone above. We like to take the first day to get relaxed and used to our hotel (we always stay at a new one).

Personally, I would go to a park getting in at 1:00. There are times when we decide to forego a park on arrival day, but typically that is only if we are staying at a deluxe resort that has a lot of options in terms of things to do, places to eat, places to get a drink etc. We stay at all levels of resorts from Value to Deluxe and, for me, a Value resort isn't the kind of place I enjoy just hanging out for a half a day (nothing wrong with POP, it's a great resort). You could do some resort hopping and make ADRs for dinner at a resort. Or go to Disney Springs and have dinner there. Do you have kids? If so it will be tough for them to be on WDW property and not go to a park the first day. Heck, I'm 45 and the parks are calling my name as soon as we land!!

Personally, I like to take arrival day to settle in and visit Disney Springs and visit the store to pick up food and drinks (unless you're using a delivery service). But this is your vacation so do whatever you feel like doing! There's no right or wrong.

We arrive at our hotel at around lunch and we have an aDR for dinner. I thought that was the best way to be introduced to the Disney experience. Take it easy at the hotel and then character dining for dinner. Rather than enter a crowded afternoon park and potential late night that would potentially upset my next day. But we tire easily.

I'd go to a park for dinner, maybe a couple of rides and the evening show/fireworks at whichever park you end up in.

I'd definitely go to a park and get in a few rides and dinner. Cost for one more park day is so tiny if you're there that many days. And then you get to schedule 3 FP+ for just the few hours you'll be there!

I would FP+ day one and head to a park. What is it, $10/person to add an extra day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter