opinion please spring mattress vs memory foam

DW and I bought a Leesa foam mattress a few years ago. I really like it, DW does not.

They have a 100-day return policy. During the 100 days DW said she was fine with it, then after Day 100 she said she'd changed her mind. Too late. So make sure you calendar those 100 days.

We've had spring, memory foam, and a hybrid. Memory foam hands down. It took a bit to get use to at first, but I love it.

A few years ago we read the Consumer Reports review of mattress brands and Charles P Rogers was the top-rated brand for our budget. They are a smaller brand and their mattresses are made in the US in a factory that they own. They've been making mattresses since 1855. We bought a hybrid model from them. It took about a month to break it in but now we're very happy.

If you move a lot in your sleep, a memory foam mattress may feel very restrictive. It literally grips you and holds you tight. Also, they can get very warm. Newer foam mattresses hype their 'cooling technology' because the most common complaint is that they were warm and didn't breath well.

We bought the original Purple mattress for our sailboat because it could be cut to the v-berth shape of our bed and it breathes enough to discourage mildew. Love that thing. We plan on buying the new Purple for our bed at home when the time comes.

Do you have Simba mattresses in US online? We have them here in UK and they are good.

Memory foam is typically made of polyurethane. Memory foam mattresses are well ventilated to prevent the buildup of heat, sweat, and dust mites in the mattress. Memory foam has a high resilience which provides shooting comfort by absorbing pressure points on your body when you're lying down. They also have denser internal structure that typically makes them heavier than spring mattresses. The density also means they don't sink in much over time, making them easier to lift for regular cleaning or flipping the mattress over every few years.

Memory foam is typically made of polyurethane. Memory foam mattresses are well ventilated to prevent the buildup of heat, sweat, and dust mites in the mattress. Memory foam has a high resilience which provides shooting comfort by absorbing pressure points on your body when you're lying down. They also have denser internal structure that typically makes them heavier than spring mattresses. The density also means they don't sink in much over time, making them easier to lift for regular cleaning or flipping the mattress over every few years.
Welcome to the dis, 543.

We had a foam mattress for 3 years and we hated it. We bought a very comfortable pillow top mattress in June and are much happier. The salesperson did say people love one and hate the other. I am glad that DH both love the same.

Love, love, love our TempurPedic ! It's our 2nd one....first lasted 15+ years. Yes, newer ones don't get as warm. No more sore back when I wake up!

Do not like memory foam. I just bought a new pillow top spring mattress from a place that makes the mattresses locally and as you order them. If you are in Massachusetts it is Gardner Mattress Factory. I love the mattress and it did not need any breaking in time. I loved the one we replaced which was a Serta but that mattress was almost 10 years and I could not find anything comparable with Serta.

I have a Sleep Number and we’ll never own anything else - LOVE IT! ❤

We have a regular mattress with a memory foam topper.

I am not a big fan of memory foam myself at the moment at least. Back in October, my back started hurting me and was very stiff every morning. I moved swapped the mattress around to the opposite of what it was. That problem is pretty much gone now. It leads me to believe that the memory foam mattress topper is what was causing my problem.

I have a top line Temperpedic. Head and legs up and down with 4 different vibrating massage modes. I paid $6000 but it was worth every penny. I have had it for at least 10 years and you would never know I had ever slept on it. No dents or rivets in memory foam. It looks brand new. I have chronic back problems and it has saved my life. Spend some good money on it. You will not regret it.

if anyone on this thread lives in a brutally HOT year round climate, would love to hear which type you like or have now. So many posts are from the majority of people who live in cooler climates at least part of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter