Opinion on choices and help me with times

Juliemomma

Earning My Ears
Here is what I am thinking of doing for my agenda. What do you think and what time would you recommend? (I'll have a 3GS old and 5 yr old)

Saturday, April 20th, arrival day, non park day
Dinner at Ohanas. Best time?

Sunday, April 21. Magic Kingdom
ADR-castle breakfast. I assume 8:05 is what to go for? (I'll have to be one who calls. What are my chances of getting this reservation?)
Monday-, April 22nd-epcot
Stuck on this one. Would it be better to do Rose and Crown for dinner in order to see Illuminations. And is so, what time? Or should we just do a lunch ADR?

Tue, April 22-animal kingdom
Tuskar house, is it better to do the character breakfast or the new lunch? Times?

Wed, Hollywood studios
Do a nice light dinner somewhere and head back to magic kingdom for wishes dessert party

Thanks so much. I am a total newbie!

A question that popped up in my mind was how you think your 3 & 5 year old GSs will do with a late dinner to see Illuminations? I skipped a few ressies because i knew my 1 & 4 year old wouldn't do well eating that late. Have you considered an earlier dinner at Garden Grill (also in Epcot). Meet Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale! If you think they'd do fine eating later then I think 7:30 is the recommended adr time.

We went to TH for breakfast and it was great! Our favorite character meal! I'm sure lunch will be great, too. If you're early risers, go for the earliest time to get in before park opening! Someday i will get to enter a park before opening when my boys are older! Breakfast would be cheaper obviously if that makes a difference.

Good luck with your planning!

For your arrival day imo it depends on how long everyone has been up and how long your travel was. We are doing a CS on arrival day because I know my little ones won't sit after an early morning, plane ride, etc.

For CRT, yes I believe the earlist reservation is 8:05. Early reservations are still coveted, so I would be online right at 6am eastern time or on the phone at 7am eastern.

If the little ones are good for a late dinner, 7:30 should be good for Illuminations.

I prefer an early breakfast at TH, that way you are right near KS when you leave the restaurant. TH will also be a character meal at lunch when you go, if you prefer lunch times and food.

HTH!!

I had a 7:35pm ADR at Rose & Crown to see 9pm Illuminations. That's a popular place at that time - I waited in line at the hostess stand to check in for about 15 mins then waited another 25 mins to be seated. Didn't sit down until about 8:15. The food came out fast so we were just finishing our desserts as Illuminations started. We had a seat on the upper patio but the bummer was that the lower patio's awning cut off some of the fireworks. We could have moved but we were still eating dessert. Next time, I probably won't try to coordinate ADRs with fireworks.

We did Tusker House breakfast and thought it was great. We were there at 8:05am so it wasn't real hot yet but I thought it was warm in there and I'd guess that's partially because it's open air. If it's hot when you're going, I'd think it could get stuffy in there in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter