• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Operation Triple S - Land/Sea Trip Report 3/30-4/6! The Conclusion 9/5

There are a couple of locations in the Orlando area. I'll PM you some info.

Thanks again ...looks great

Here is a Dole Whip for you being so helpful....lol

dl195.jpg

Yummy! I love those! thanks. :goodvibes

Day four was going to be a great day. I was so excited :banana: , I could hardly stand it. We woke early for our 8:15 AM breakfast ADR at Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. The stroll to Africa with an empty park was just great. I really enjoyed that.

59cb6b2a.jpg

483d6e96.jpg

e4d45d80.jpg

Once we got there, we sat for just a few minutes, and then we were called up for our picture.
dc178689.jpg

Then, we were led inside, and sat near the food, which is a huge plus with two hungry young men. We enjoyed a fantabulous breakfast with the characters, and finally got to meet the elusive Daisy. Here are a few pictures from our experience.
60974a07.jpg

1e1f7544.jpg

7d948c90.jpg

e89a0b90.jpg

af253ff8.jpg

After breakfast, we went out to the rope so that we could make our way to Expedition Everest as soon as the park officially opened. After the rope fell, we hurried on over, which is exactly what the THRONGS of other guests had in mind as well.
c725de50.jpg

We were nearly trampled, and seriously doubted that we would make it in one piece :scared1: . Well, make it we did, along with everyone else. Alas, by the time we did make it, the wait time was astronomically high, and the fast pass lines were quite long. I left the decision to PH, as this is his most favorite ride in all of WDW. Should we stand in line to get FPs and wait around to ride, or do we get in line and wait to ride? He decided against both options, so we went on our merry way. There was nothing else anyone wanted to do there at that point. So, we made our way out to wait on a bus to Epcot.

Once at Epcot, the plan was simple. Get to Test Track, get to World Showcase or more specifically, Japan, and head out. And, basically, that is exactly what we did. We love TT, so the 20 minute wait was quite doable. Then, we made our way to WS to chill until it officially opened. Once it did, we hung around Mexico so that I could 1, make a purchase inside and 2, get myself a ‘rita. I LOVE those Margaritas.
b2432614.jpg

As I sipped, we slowly strolled past all of the lovely countries on our way to Japan. PG simply had to get there so that he could buy “something”. He had no idea what he wanted, but he had to buy something from the store there. Japan is his most favorite place in all of WS. Purchases made, we took a Friendship boat back to Mexico and made our way out. I told the youngsters that we needed to go to POFQ, so we made our way to the bus stop for that resort. Here are a few pictures from our last visit to EP this trip.
6189f277.jpg

c118ee2a.jpg

e4d4ca0a.jpg

7032293d.jpg

fd86a1c4.jpg

785d868f.jpg

98efe8c0.jpg

b7762507.jpg

Continued in next post…

The boys had no idea why we were going to POFQ, and I wasn’t about to tell them. Once we got to the resort, we went into the food court area to relax for a bit since, we had a little while for our appointment time. They were still full from breakfast, so no one wanted to eat anything. I have to say I was shocked, as PH is always hungry.

Anyway, about 1:15 PM, I say, let’s go out to the river area for a while. We found a bench and had a seat. About five minutes later, I see the boat approaching, so I get up. As I’m doing so, the fishing guide asks some other guests if they were going fishing. They said no, and I yelled, “We are!”. I don’t think he heard me, but PH had caught on by now, and helped me out by yelling louder. We made our way down to the dock and introduced ourselves to Darin from Alaska. He was to be our fishing guide for the next two hours.

PH was beside himself. He LOVES fishing and could not believe that we were going out on a real boat in Disney waters. We all took a seat and headed in the direction of the Downtown Disney area. Darin chose a spot in a corner and the boys tried their luck. As we were waiting for a bite, another boat came by, with a lot of passengers on it. As it was going by, it was passed by a speed boat. And, it was indeed speeding. Unfortunately, a gentleman from the passenger boat was literally caught in the boat’s wake, as water splashed up and onto his shorts. He was furious! I thought it was terrible, but it was also a little funny. I hoped he didn’t stay mad too long.

After about 30 minutes or so, we left this area to one closer to POR. Darin said that this area was known for big fish. So, we were looking forward to a catch. Shortly after we dropped anchor and set up a few poles, we got a bite! And, it was a big one! Darin told PG to grab the pole and start reeling it in. It was so exciting! The pole was bending far over, so clearly it was a really big one! PG reeled and reeled, getting more and more tired, poor thing. Darin helped a bit, and then went to get the net ready. Finally, PG reeled him in, and there he was! It was the biggest catch of the day. Here are a few pics of the boys fishing, and one with our guide, Darin.
d3fdfc05.jpg

d587aa51.jpg

53ebec32.jpg

c506b3fd.jpg

adadb39f.jpg

a6f1fca8.jpg

03e9ba03.jpg

1d227e92.jpg

Up next: Operation: Farewell WDW, Day Four Part Two

Our 4 big guys group enjoyed the breakfast with Donald at Tuskers House as well.....we had a huge rope drop crowd as well.

We now have our flights and car rental booked for our Oct DisneyLand trip :woohoo:

Love all the pictures!!! Fishing too!!!:cool1:

Thanks!! The fishing was really fun for the boys. I'm not really into it, but it made the birthday boy's year! :goodvibes

Hey, nice fish! I don't know much about fishing, but it looks like a dandy! :thumbsup2
::yes::

Our 4 big guys group enjoyed the breakfast with Donald at Tuskers House as well.....we had a huge rope drop crowd as well.

We now have our flights and car rental booked for our Oct DisneyLand trip :woohoo:

Tusker House was great! We'll definitely go back there. Wow, Disneyland here you come!! I can't wait until we go to see Mickey on the other side of the country! :)

Day four part two

After we were done fishing, we made our way back to the POFQ food court. By that time everyone could use a bite to eat. So, we grabbed some chicken fingers. But, we also decided to finally try the beignets. They were tasty…a little messy, but tasty, nonetheless. :thumbsup2

After our late lunch, we went out to the bus stop to catch a ride to AK, and then on to AKL. We didn’t wait too long, and were soon on our way back “home”. We relaxed for a while, then got ready for our last dinner at The World.

We hopped a bus to MK and made our way into our happy place once more before we were to leave. We headed over to the TTA since we had a little while before our dinner reservation. Afterwards, it was time to check in, so we headed over to Crystal Palace.
b0243b32.jpg

We enjoyed some time with some of our pals, and of course the yummy food.

229afd94.jpg

13c94065.jpg

75c1ec8e.jpg

78be0314.jpg

d066ee4c.jpg

1d493aba.jpg

0c6c920d.jpg

After dinner, we headed over to see what rides we could get on. BTMRR was jammed with a 50min. wait and no FPs. So, we headed back to PotC and enjoyed that ride as we digested our Crystal Palace feast.

We decided to head back over to Tomorrowland and enjoy the TTA once more before we left The World. As we rode, we saw that the wait time for Buzz had diminished, so we decided to engage in one last battle.

As usual, PG and I rode together, while PH rode solo. He has been hiding his high scoring secrets forever, but PG and I were determined to beat him this time. We rode through, and PG and I were completely expecting to lose as usual since we weren’t having any luck. Then, unexpectedly, as I was shooting away, I hit something that gave me an astronomically huge number of points! I had no idea what it was, but I hit it more than once, and amassed an even larger number of points. I was too excited! PG was a little bummed he hadn’t gotten more points, but he was glad that we would, at long last, beat PH. :banana:

After the ride, it was official. I had finally beaten PH on Buzz Lightyear! Now, if I could only figure out what I hit, so that I could do it again, and share the secret with PG. ::yes:: We had fun, as usual and decided it was about time to head out. On our way out of Tomorrowland, we thought we’d get a frozen Coke. As we were walking along, PG decided he wanted to get in one last ride on the Indy Speedway, his favorite. Just as he made his way inside the line, the line was closed for the evening. He got is ride on, while PH and I sat and reflected on the day and the “end” of our trip. For all the boys knew, we were headed home the following day. I told them that we were leaving the resort, but never told them that we were going home. In actuality, tomorrow would be the day that we made our way to Port Canaveral to meet up with our new love, The Wonder.

I was so excited I couldn’t stand it, just like earlier this day.:hyper: I knew that the cruise was going to be the highlight of our trip and I was completely stoked to be going on our first cruise.

As PG got off of Indy, we made our way towards the exit, we bid farewell to the place we’d come to know as our second home. And, I smiled inside, in anticipation of the new destination that would surely be a new favorite for us.

Up next: Operation: Sailaway, Day Five Part One

Aww you can't end it like that!! I want to know how the surprise went!!! Pleaseee! :rotfl:
Great last 2 chapters, sorry I didn't comment on the other one, haven't had anytime! Congrats for getting the amazingly high score on Buzz... I wish I knew the target that you have to hit too, my brother's done it twice now and he doesn't know either!!!
In case you hadn't have guessed can't wait for the next chapter!!

Hi, we havnt been to Crytal Palace it looked wonderful...I have always liked pooh bear and friends. Mini update..we have our tickets to Mickeys trick or treat halloween party :woohoo:

Wow, what a wonderful trip report. I just found it today & am so excited to read about a Land & Sea cruise as I am thinking about one for next year with DD(22) & DS(18). I also appreciate the large print as I am not as young as I used to be :rotfl:

You have a great family there, its so nice to see a family of three like mine bonding at the happiest place on earth & your pics are priceless.:yay:
Can't wait to read about the surprise.:hyper:

Aww you can't end it like that!! I want to know how the surprise went!!! Pleaseee! :rotfl:
Great last 2 chapters, sorry I didn't comment on the other one, haven't had anytime! Congrats for getting the amazingly high score on Buzz... I wish I knew the target that you have to hit too, my brother's done it twice now and he doesn't know either!!!
In case you hadn't have guessed can't wait for the next chapter!!
Sorry to keep you in suspense! I'm ready for another update today, though. Hopefully, it won't take me so long to get the next one posted. ::yes::

Hi, we havnt been to Crytal Palace it looked wonderful...I have always liked pooh bear and friends. Mini update..we have our tickets to Mickeys trick or treat halloween party :woohoo:

You should really check out Crystal Palace. We've done the breakfast and dinner so far, and both were great! Congrats on getting the MNNSHP tickets. My family LOVED the party when we went. I wish we could go this year, but my son's football schedule won't allow it. :sad2:

Wow, what a wonderful trip report. I just found it today & am so excited to read about a Land & Sea cruise as I am thinking about one for next year with DD(22) & DS(18). I also appreciate the large print as I am not as young as I used to be :rotfl:

You have a great family there, its so nice to see a family of three like mine bonding at the happiest place on earth & your pics are priceless.:yay:
Can't wait to read about the surprise.:hyper:

Thanks for reading along and thanks so much for the kind words! Your son and daughter would surely love a cruise. My family enjoyed ours so much that we're booked on another one for next year. It won't be Disney this time :-)duck: ) but it will surely be great! Another update coming up now! :)

We got out of bed fairly early this day because we needed to pack and do laundry :laundy: before we had to leave our lovely room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I, for one, didn’t get much sleep, as I was looking forward to the day and was hoping nothing would go wrong. We never do laundry on vacation, but the boys bought my “excuse” for doing so, being, I wouldn’t feel like doing it later. The laundry deal started out with issues. Once we got everything packed and/or sorted, we made our way down to the laundry room. We entered the waiting area, and found that the change machine was out of order. There was one other person in there, who was telling me the odyssey she’d been through trying to get change from anywhere else in the resort. Apparently, the CMs in The Mara, were less than helpful, and gave no suggestions about what to do. I only had a half a roll of quarters and knew that wasn’t going to be enough for the amount of clothes I had to get washed and dried. So, I sent PH to the car to get the quarters I had, and then started my loads of laundry. As the washing commenced, I sent the boys to get themselves breakfast, and I went in search of more quarters.

Based on the information the lady in the laundry room shared, I wasn’t about to try The Mara, so I headed to the concierge desk. Once I finally made it to the front of the line, the CM was going to sell me a roll of quarters, but alas, he didn’t have a roll. The most anyone back there could offer me was two dollars worth. Well, it was better than nothing. And, I wasn’t about to go to any of the other restaurants. I figured by then, they were surely done selling their quarters to people needing to do laundry. So, I made do with what I had. It would, unfortunately, mean that some things wouldn’t get completely dry, but that would have to be okay for the time being. The moral of the story is: If you anticipate doing laundry on vacation, bring your own quarters.

As we were getting everything done in the laundry room, I asked PG to go back up to our room and wait for PH and I, since it was getting close to 11AM. I wanted to make sure that we would still be able to get into our room to collect the rest of our bags. A little while later, PH and I were finished, and made our way back to the room with no problems. We began loading up the bags, two per person, to haul downstairs. After about three minutes of trying to situate things so that no one was bogged down, I gave up and said, “That’s it. I’m done with this.” I picked up the phone and called bell services to come and get our bags for us. The gentleman showed up within about ten minutes and we were on our way down in no time. I went over and retrieved the car, while the boys waited with the bellman. I gave him a nice tip after he loaded our bags, and we were on our way! :car:

We said goodbye to what had been a lovely home for the past four days, and made our way towards what would be our home for the next three days. I told the boys that they needn’t ask me to stop for lunch because there would be a huge buffet where we were going. I pulled out my directions, which were very easy to follow, and made my way to Port Canaveral. As we drove, there were a few Disney Cruise Line buses that we passed either making their way to or from the port. The boys would comment that they wish they were on the busses going to the port. Little did they know… It was really interesting to me that they didn’t figure out that they were going in the same direction as this one cruise bus that seemed to be ahead of us the entire way there. When I had the chance, I got in front of it, so that it wouldn’t be so obvious. But, it turns out, I really didn’t need to do that, since the boys had no clue.

As we got close to the port, I told PH to get my camera out for me, and get it ready to take some pictures. As we went over that last bridge, I said, “Look!!”. They looked over and we caught our first glimpse of The Wonder.
b07cd54b.jpg

***continued in next post***

She was just as beautiful as I knew she would be. The boys still had not figured out that we were actually going on a cruise, so I said, “Surely, you guys know where we’re going now, right?”. They said, no. I said, “Uh, don’t you see the ship right there? We’re going on a cruise!!!” They started yelling and screaming, asking if it was really true. It finally sunk in, and I was able to share my excitement with them. We pulled into the port area, and I gave my information to the people that check to make sure your name is on the manifest. After that was done, I got the directions to the parking area, and after dropping off our bags, made my way on over.
125f2c5f.jpg

9ded9391.jpg

After parking, we floated over to the port entrance and got in line to go through security.
3eba318b.jpg

It was fairly quick, and in a bit, we’d made our way up to the Disney check-in area. The CM that was greeting people advised me to go ahead and board the ship since we’d checked in at the hotel. Before doing so, we took a few pictures and got PG’s kids’ club registration done.
9d27e3a4.jpg

409cbfe8.jpg

It had been a while since I’d had a pager. So getting used to carrying that thing was interesting. Anyway, pager in hand, we got in the short line to board the ship. My documents were reviewed, and our key cards from the resort would be used as our key cards on the ship. Everything went smoothly, and we proceeded to get our embarkation pictures taken. It was great fun and we felt like royalty as our name was announced as we walked onto the ship.

e6b109b2.jpg

By the time we made it on, the rooms were ready. So, we immediately went up to deck 8 to check out our new digs. The room was great and spacious enough. We were totally drawn to the verandah and couldn’t wait until we actually set sail. There was a birthday surprise for PH, so we had a little cake before we made our way to the Beach Blanket Buffet.

32e518b5-1.jpg

d8e54103.jpg

931d74fa.jpg

It was pretty standard buffet fare, but we were most excited about being on the ship. There were a lot of people already on the ship enjoying the food, the pools, and everything else the ship had to offer.

After lunch, we walked around a bit to acquaint ourselves with The Wonder. She was truly a beautiful ship. I kept reminding myself that I needed to be by the Mickey Pool at 3:15 for a Dis Meet, as we were taking in the sights. The next thing I knew, it was almost four, and it was time to get ready for the safety drill. And, on top of that, I’d missed the meet!! Ah man. Well, at least I’d been able to meet one of the ladies at AKL prior to the cruise.

After the safety drill, we went back to the room for a bit before we went up for the sailaway party. This, I did not want to miss. We decided to pick a spot on deck ten, so that we could look down and see everything that was going on. We found a table and took a seat. As we were waiting for everything to get started, they began passing out streamers. It was great! PG and I both got some, and were waving them in excitement. We were at a table right against the rail, so it was a prime spot. Here are a few pictures of the festivities.
cb7768b3.jpg

61f86c5c.jpg

dd98e629.jpg

7c0adda4.jpg

5cd3b489.jpg

c05a48b1.jpg

The music and energy was great! And, the Bahama Mamas were yummy. We had a great time, and after a while, we got up to give someone else a chance to enjoy our prime spot! We made our way aft, and stood by the rail as The Wonder made her way out of the port. As she did, she let out her signature tune, and we were off. The boys and I were so excited. Once we made our way completely out of the port, we went back down to our room to relax a bit and get ready for dinner. What a WONDERful day we’d had so far. We WONDERed what dinner and the rest of the evening would have in store for us.

Up next: Operation Parrot Cay, Day Five Part Two

I'm absolutely amazed your boys didn't guess the entire car trip to the port! Well done for keeping it such a surprise! The look on their faces is fantastic, glad they look as if they loved it! :thumbsup2

Yea, a new post.:cool1: What a wonderful surprise for your boys. I can't wait to read about your cruise. Thanks for the update.pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter