Operation Disney in December--PTR followed by TR!

Just called Disney Dining for our first 2 days... oh and I asked about the CP dining packages, all she could tell me is that they are booking them next month--but she knows nothing. Oh and I heard back from vacation planning, they will have Christmas do-dah stuff you can have delivered to your room, but she doesn't know what yet... says to check back November 1st.

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day:
Paradise garden grill lunch (~11:30 am or as soon as they open)
Blue Bayou dinner: 4:30 PM PS made

Thursday, DL EE:
Room service breakfast
Trader Sam/Tangaroa lunch (~11:30 am)
WCT WOC dinner: 4:40 PM PS made

Grats on getting your reservations going! Mine can't start till later in the month...I am eagerly anticipating the day.

We went to the Woodburn Disney Store opening yesterday. The line was looooonnnnnggggg. We just got our ears, peeked in the window and left instead of waiting in line to get in the store. The ears are black with a Disney Store patch in the front center.

Grats on getting your reservations going! Mine can't start till later in the month...I am eagerly anticipating the day.

We went to the Woodburn Disney Store opening yesterday. The line was looooonnnnnggggg. We just got our ears, peeked in the window and left instead of waiting in line to get in the store. The ears are black with a Disney Store patch in the front center.

Wait!!! I had no idea a Disney Store opened at the Woodburn Outlets! Whoo!

We didn't swing by yesterday... figured they'd be slammed... we'll wait till the fervor dies down. However, dd and I are going to make a special trip to the Southcenter Mall in Washington next weekend to check out the interactive disney store... I can not wait!!

I did not call Disney Dining today... but will tomorrow, and do 2 more days of ressies. It is killing me to wait and find out what is going on with CP... :surfweb:

Just called Disney Dining for our first 2 days... oh and I asked about the CP dining packages, all she could tell me is that they are booking them next month--but she knows nothing. Oh and I heard back from vacation planning, they will have Christmas do-dah stuff you can have delivered to your room, but she doesn't know what yet... says to check back November 1st.

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day:

Thursday, DL EE:
Room service breakfast

Hi!

Did you happen to find out the hours the parks will be open while you are there from Disney Dining- as they must know by now in order to know how early and how late to book reservations? I am guessing probably 8-12 Friday and Saturday, but was curious about Wednesday and Thursday? I may be going the same time period as you. :)

Hi!

Did you happen to find out the hours the parks will be open while you are there from Disney Dining- as they must know by now in order to know how early and how late to book reservations? I am guessing probably 8-12 Friday and Saturday, but was curious about Wednesday and Thursday? I may be going the same time period as you. :)

You know from previous experience with this, they have hours--sortof--they have always told me the "estimated hours" until they are officially published. But because I was booking dinners... and early ones at that, it wouldn't matter what time the parks opened or closed.

This is what I am guessing though based on last year:

Wed 5th DL 9-9 and DCA 10-8
Thurs 6th DL 9-11 and DCA 10-8
Fri 7th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sat 8th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sun 9th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-10

However-- with CP every night now, I wouldn't be surprised if DCAs hours are longer than last year, like maybe till 10 or 11 Fri-Sun.

You know from previous experience with this, they have hours--sortof--they have always told me the "estimated hours" until they are officially published. But because I was booking dinners... and early ones at that, it wouldn't matter what time the parks opened or closed.

This is what I am guessing though based on last year:

Wed 5th DL 9-9 and DCA 10-8
Thurs 6th DL 9-11 and DCA 10-8
Fri 7th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sat 8th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-9
Sun 9th DL 8-Mid and DCA 10-10

However-- with CP every night now, I wouldn't be surprised if DCAs hours are longer than last year, like maybe till 10 or 11 Fri-Sun.

Yeah, I would say those are probably pretty decent guesses. Really wish we knew more about the CP, but sounds like that won't be for another month. Guess all we can do is just adjust plans as necessary.

Called Disney Dining again today... have to make 1 more call tomorrow.... and then wait to make my dessert and CP ressies in November. Have to say this is the 1st time we've done Ariel's for dinner, and I wasn't thrilled with the times they offer--I understand the premise, as they have set seating times so you don't miss a princess, but I still thought they sucked. We went with the later time as we are going to try and see Aladdin at 4:45 that day:

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day:

Thursday, DL EE:
Room service breakfast

Friday, DCA EE:
Goofy's Kitchen 7:10 am
Rainforest Cafe lunch (~11:30 am, will make a ressie)
Big Thunder BBQ 6:30 pm (was warned that in case of rain it will be closed)

Saturday, DL EE:
Surf's Up 7:10 am
Flo's Cafe lunch (~11:30 am)
Ariel's Grotto 7:00 pm (inside seating)

thought I'd add I am using vouchers for Ariel's and Surf's Up since I'll get the most bang for my buck that way! :)

I had the most awesome chat with a cm at Disney Dining just now... she also gave me the hours for the parks while we are there, with the disclaimer *all hours subject to change without notice.

Our meal plan so far:

Wed, arrival day--DL 9 am - 9 pm, DCA 9 am - 8 pm (8 am EE)

Thursday--DL 9 am - 10 pm (8 am EE), DCA 9 am - 8 pm:
Room service breakfast, then DL for EE

Friday--DL 8 am - Mid, DCA 8 am - 10 pm (7 am EE):

Saturday--DL 8 am - Mid (7 am EE), DCA 8 am - 10 pm:

Sunday--DL 8 am - Mid, DCA 8 am - 10 pm (7 am EE):
Storyteller's 7:10 am
Corn Dog Castle (~11:30 am)
CP dinner??

Monday--DL 9 am - 9 pm, DCA 9 am - 8 pm (8 am EE)
Room service breakfast, then DCA for EE
leave at 11:00 am for airport :(

DCA open soooo early every day is totally screwing me up... we usually do character breakfasts on the weekends because I take advantage of EE on the weekdays instead. But almost every day they are opening DCA super early. Oh well, we'll do 2 EE's and be fashionably late for regular rope drop Fri, Sat, Sun.

I had the most awesome chat with a cm at Disney Dining just now... she also gave me the hours for the parks while we are there, with the disclaimer *all hours subject to change without notice.

Our meal plan so far:

Storyteller's 7:10 am
Corn Dog Castle (~11:30 am)
CP dinner??

Room service breakfast, then DCA for EE
leave at 11:00 am for airport :(

DCA open soooo early every day is totally screwing me up... we usually do character breakfasts on the weekends because I take advantage of EE on the weekdays instead. But almost every day they are opening DCA super early. Oh well, we'll do 2 EE's and be fashionably late for regular rope drop Fri, Sat, Sun.

Thanks for posting the tentative operating hours. I was hoping that DCA would open at 10:00 on the weekdays and maybe 9:00 on the weekends.

Well, the new Al Lutz today is a bit of a downer. Guess I am really glad we decided to do Christmas this year and not next. A little concerned about the FP return times being enforced. But my whole park touring strategy is in shambles anyway with the early opening times for DCA, RSR, and all so I guess what's one more kink in the system?

Hopefully we'll have some CP news soon. But I think after this trip, I may be avoiding all holidays at the resorts... we love love love Halloween, but the crowds have seemed super nuts. Guess it'll be back to going in early May for future trips.

Yah it was a bummer to read about all the changes as those things should be included in your visit. I'm really glad we decided to do the trip this year. It's been 8 years since my last trip and well over 15 years for my Boyfriend and I've never been during the holidays. I'm wondering if everyone else is going to have the same idea... I've noticed that the hours that are listed so far have the parade and fireworks showing during the weekday and those are what I wanted to see the most. So if it continues to be that way the first week of December then I get to avoid the weekends all together. I was saving our last day at DL for Friday since we fly back to Portland on Saturday. I guess this is what happens when you're a planner... anxiety kicks in a little :lmao:

If it weren't for not wanting dd to miss school, I would have preferred to miss as much of the weekends as possible. But this will work... I don't trust touring plans, but they are saying 8s and 9s for our dates... oh well, we'll go with the flow!

Park hours are posted to the 3rd... but most of the entertainment hasn't been filled in... I know that fireworks will probably be at 8:45 pm the 1st night we are there... so we are planning on watching them then. The parades have me discombobulated... PPP is listed at 5:15, but they haven't put the Christmas parade up yet... and I am sure they are wondering how it will work with CP... I was hoping to see the parade in the evening--even 5:30 maybe... but that might totally screw up CP. Come on calendar!!!!

So that will be our first day in the park and I'm getting antsy about the rest of the week. I want to be able to really nail down our plans. When I tried to explain the excitement to my bf about the hours and what not, he said can't we just wing it? My anxiety shot through the roof! :lmao: I noticed they do not have the parade on there but my assumption is that it will be added later? I hope so :)

I will say if they do not have the parade, I will be pretty devastated as it's one of the the main things I was looking forward to. I'd skip RSR (which I've yet to see) and skip Fantasmic in exchange for the parade. Fingers crossed!

1st day of our trip is on the official calendar! Still no entertainment for DL--probably won't happen until 11/1 I am guessing... okay, I am hashing out our plan a little more:

--DCA 1st and DL from dinner until close
--Aladdin @ 2:20 pm, Fireworks @ 8:45 pm

Little Red Wagon Corndog (~11:30 am)
--DL for EE, no nap, DCA dinner to close
--Afternoon parade??, WOC @ 8:15 pm

Goofy's Kitchen 7:10 am PS made
Rainforest Cafe lunch 11:45 am ressie made
Big Thunder BBQ 6:30 pm PS made
--DL 1st, nap after lunch, back to DL after PPP
--PPP @ 5:15 (sit near Carthay on path toward Bug's Land), F! Dessert @ 9 pm

Surf's Up 7:10 am PS made
Ariel's Grotto 5:40 pm (inside seating) PS made
--DCA today (nap after lunch) with no hopping (Fun Wheel reopened Friday), check out Mad Tea Party

Storyteller's 7:10 am PS made
CP dinner??
--DL 1st head straight for Indy (reopened Saturday), nap after lunch

--Room service breakfast, then DCA for EE
--leave at 11:00 am for airport

That looks like a pretty solid schedule to me. We are doing later lunches and dinners for our schedule, mainly to offset the crowds.

Our arrival day and first park day came available for dining reservations, so I have started with our bookings. So far everything has gone perfectly, except that dinner is later than I planned on our arrival night. Apparently, party size has a big impact on the available reservation times. Steakhouse 55 only had a 5:10 and an 8 for us. Blue Bayou only seats large parties at lunch, and only at either 11:30 or 1:10. Tomorrow I get to have my hubby try booking Carthay Circle for Christmas lunch since I have a work meeting when they open in the morning.

Yay for planning progress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter