Onward to TDR! March 2019 Exercise Thread

Jet lag? What jet lag? We're up bright and early to head into Tokyo Disneyland!

We've picked a great time to visit, as the park is winding up its 35th anniversary celebration. We'll be checking out some of the 35th anniversary offerings a little later in our visit.

First up are some rides!

Tokyo Disneyland offers some of the most popular rides from the original Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. But there are two unique rides: Pooh's Hunny Hunt, which many people consider to be the best ride in the park, and Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! Both are dark rides.

I'm sure we want to ride both Pooh and Monsters Inc. But what three other rides or attractions would you like to try this morning? Here's the list.

I want to try Big Thunder Mountain, It's a Small World, and Star Tours (have to hear C3P0 in Japanese!).

I'm a sucker for characters, so I plan to split my stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel between a Tinkerbell alcove room and a Beauty and the Beast room.

I saw a video of a BatB room and the entry wallpaper was super cute.

Out of the character rooms, I really like the Cinderella one. princess:

But, since this is a fantasy trip money-wise, I agree we might as well go for the Walt Disney Suite!

The Cinderella suite looked nice, but I imagine the WD Suite would be even nicer!

It's amazing that the rooms come with PJs!!

I thought that was neat too. But those you can't keep! :D

I'm sure we want to ride both Pooh and Monsters Inc. But what three other rides or attractions would you like to try this morning? Here's the list.

I want to try Big Thunder Mountain, It's a Small World, and Star Tours (have to hear C3P0 in Japanese!).

Thanks for the videos - Tigger in Japanese was great!

I'd like to climb the Swiss Family Treehouse to get an aerial look at the park, tour Cinderella's castle, and I'll add Space Mountain to the ride list - because it's different than "home" (and maybe Splash if the weather is warm - just to hear the song in Japanese!)

I'm counting my 15 minutes yesterday (estimated) because DH and I hauled home (and downstairs - by ourselves, because patience is not his strong suit) a really heavy...

...treadmill!

DH and DS have been scouting them, and it went on sale this week. (We got the last one!) I'll let you know how it goes.

85/500

Well, I haven't used the treadmill yet...because I got today's exercise shoveling snow.

But I did get some cool pics:

Car Snow Tunnel 4Mar19.JPG
This is what happened when I tried to brush the snow off of the car. It was so wet and sticky, the brush just made a tunnel.

Snow on Fence 4Mar19.JPG
And this is in the back (toward my neighbor's yard) because I thought the snow on the posts looked like light globes.

30 new minutes
115/500

I've been hiding from the cold today, so no minutes so far, but I wanted to pop in and say: Wow! That's a lot of snow, @PollyannaMom . And it looks like it would be great to play with (snowballs/people/forts). My daughter is going to want to come visit you. She is very bitter about our lack of a white winter.

Yes,@sophy1996 , I'm up for those two rides. Plus, put me down for Splash Mountain, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes.

P.S. Oh, darn. I just re-read the post about choosing rides. Somehow I initially skimmed over the part about picking just three. Yikes. Sorry. Okay, so top three: Splash, IASW, Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes (because I can't do that at WDW).

Looks like it's a four-way tie between Space, Splash, Big Thunder, and It's a Small World.

Isn't it time for a snack after all these rides? Well, Tokyo Disneyland has plenty to offer!

One of the most popular options is popcorn. Not just butter and salt on this popcorn - Disneyland offers more than a half-dozen different flavors at any given time (and there are other flavors at DisneySea as well).

Here's an article from TDRExplorer (a wonderful resource for planning a TDR trip!) about recent popcorn flavors and the many, many styles of popcorn buckets that are now available. Fortunately, it looks like the flavor types are written in English on the carts, so we won't accidentally get something we don't like.

I want to try honey flavor (found by Pooh's Hunny Hunt, naturally) and milk chocolate. I think my DH may want to try the barbecue flavor as well.

From the videos I've seen, though, the lines for popcorn can be longer than the lines for some attractions. Hope it's worth the wait!

The garlic shrimp, please! In this bucket:
chip-n-dale-popcorn-bucket-tokyo-disneyland-disneysea-800x533.jpg

March has been very busy but getting as much work in as i can. Thank goodness for all that shoveling helping my numbers early!

3/1 - 45 elliptical
3/2 - 45 elliptical + 30min shoveling
3/3 - 30 elliptical
3/4 - 40 elliptical + 60 shoveling
-------------------------
Gran Total = 250/1400

Congratulations to piglet1979 and MikeNamez for turning 'Olu Blue, and to PollyannaMom and Elizabeth Smith for turning Cookie Orange!

Cookie, a dog who likes to cook, also was introduced last year. You'll find her, and exclusive merchandise related to her, in Hong Kong Disneyland. Here's some information about her from the Disney Parks Blog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter