Ontario ?

Looks like I am in the minority here, but I think Ontario Place is boring and too expensive for what there is.

I would suggest Canada's Wonderland.

I am in the minority with you.

I just don't get what there is to do at Ontario Place (and I've lived my whole life in TO).

The only time we go now is when it's free during the CNE, and only because I think "maybe my kids are missing out on something great - that I just don't get" but we end up spending about an hour there, and we are bored.

I've done OP several times when my kids were little. We really enjoyed ourselves and I thought the attractions were well set up for the under 9 crowd. We started going when my kids were 3 or 4 yrs old and went a couple times more over the next 2-3 years.

I compared the prices between Centre Island, Canada's Wonderland, and Ontario Place. Ontario Place was the cheapest because of the extra cost of the ferry ride to Centre Island. Wonderland was more expensive and I knew it wasn't worth it for us at the ages my kids were at. Centre Island looked cute and fun but I felt all the extra add-ons would up the price for the day's entertainment so OP was the best value for us.

Last year, we went to the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) and had a really good time. I debated between going to OP or the CNE and CNE ended up being a bit better value because dh and I didn't have to buy wristbands. We love shows and thoroughly enjoyed our day at the CNE. It was well worth it.

This year, we bought Cedar Fair Platinum Passes which will allow us to go to Cedar Point, Canada's Wonderland and more all season long. We just went to Cedar Point on Sunday and in a few more weeks, we're headed to Wonderland. Wonderland is worth it for the age my kids are at now (8 and 10). My dd is starting to love thrill rides and has outgrown OP and Centre Island. And yet, Wonderland still has enough easy rides for my non-thrillseeking ds and dh.

Of course, none of these places compare to Disney :( Disney just combines everything so well that my scaredycat dh and ds still love most rides. Admittedly, nothing Disney has compares to the thrill factor of the major coasters in Cedar Point. My dd is still working up the courage to try to big ones. She did conquer Maverick on Sunday and while it left her shaken, she'd be willing to do it again - NEXT trip LOL! Rock n Roller coaster would be a baby coaster at Cedar Point!