OnStar Renewal

Communicore1991

Mouseketeer
I only use OnStar for the Remote Key Fob app on my phone. It's pretty expensive to pay $25/month just for this feature. Does anyone have any experience haggling with OnStar? If so, how much do you pay?

I just let mine expire whenever the free trial period ends. I know of some who claim they call and can haggle for a somewhat lower price. Just never found the service of any value regardless of the price. I don't need my phone to be an extension of my key fob.

That is interesting that that is a pay feature. I have that for my F-150 using the FordPass app and it is free. I hardly ever use it though.

For Chevy/GM I believe it's free for the first 5 years. All other manufactures except Ford charge for there remote start functionality. As of right now I think Ford is the only car maker offering the service complimentary.

Oh okay, interesting to know. Our other vehicle is 18 years old so I don't know anything about all the newfangled stuff, haha.

Not with OnStar but with Sirius XM. Husband has always been able to haggle with them, not this year. He is just letting it expire.

I only use OnStar for the Remote Key Fob app on my phone. It's pretty expensive to pay $25/month just for this feature. Does anyone have any experience haggling with OnStar? If so, how much do you pay?
Recently bought a new Chevy. OnStar keeps sending me emails saying when my free trial ends one of the things I will lose access to is my "Remote Key Fob"

They are liars.

The remote start still works with the key fob, it doesn't work with the MyChevrolet App remote start on my phone.

Very dishonest advertising.

Recently bought a new Chevy. OnStar keeps sending me emails saying when my free trial ends one of the things I will lose access to is my "Remote Key Fob"

They are liars.

The remote start still works with the key fob, it doesn't work with the MyChevrolet App remote start on my phone.

Very dishonest advertising.
To be fair, the MyChevrolet app feature is called "Remote Key Fob" so they are not being dishonest with their advertising. The physical key you hold in your hand is simply the key fob. It's called remote as you do not have to be in a line of sight to do things with your vehicle the way you need to be with the physical key fob.

I called in today and was able to get the Remote Access only plan for ~$6.99 a month for 12 months. Total came to $89 and change after taxes.
This is good to know. We only kept OnStar for this one feature. Will call and try to get lower price. Thanks for this info.

I was able to call and get a lower price for Sirius/XM last year. Actually I didn't even call, I used the live chat option on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!