Onsite store for diapers and essentials?

thor369

Mouseketeer
We are trying to minimize our packing, we will take some wipes, diapers for 1 day, but for the rest of the days, I am wondering if there are onsite store or closer to our hotel where we can buy diapers, wipes etc.
Also, trying to find out if there is a store - where we can buy whole milk, bread and butter, one of the kid is a picky eater and this would save us from trying to feed him stuff that he won't eat.

We will be staying in the Disney Swan and Dolphin hotel.

I think the hotel we are staying in doesn't allow these delivery services anymore.

I'd double check with the Swolphin. They're managed by Marriott so they have different "rules". As of last year, if you met the delivery person it's not a big deal. If you don't, they charge like a 100 dollar package fee.

If you have a car with you, there's a couple grocery stores in the general vicinity. If you don't have a car, one of you can uber to/from the grocery store.

You are right they don't allow deliveries , so we meet the driver.. you can request in the instructions to text or call you. It has never been an issue.

You are right they don't allow deliveries , so we meet the driver.. you can request in the instructions to text or call you. It has never been an issue.

Can you explain the process in a bit more detail? I have never used amazon prime etc. Also, is there a grocery store close to disney world that we can stop on our way to the hotel from the airport. It would be even more convenient if there is one near the outlet malls, as we plan to stop there on our way to the hotel.

Can you explain the process in a bit more detail? I have never used amazon prime etc. Also, is there a grocery store close to disney world that we can stop on our way to the hotel from the airport. It would be even more convenient if there is one near the outlet malls, as we plan to stop there on our way to the hotel.
\
There are many stores on the way from the airport, we like the Walmart at Turkey lake just because they have the big "gift shop" at the front as far as as amazon prime now goes , download the app , order what you want pick a time frame for the stuff to be delivered- 2-4, 4-6,6-8 etc or pay extra for one hour delivery. when your stuff gets picked up by the driver the app will tell you and you can contact him/her through the app.. i always have my number in the comments that says please text or call before delivery. you can meet your driver outside pick up your stuff and go.
amazon prime now has everything from frozen for fresh vegies and household items. I always add the stuff i want at home and order when i get there.... sometimes you have to update the cart just because things are not avab.

We will take an uber from the airport and stop at the Outlet mall, and i just googled that half mile of the outlet is a grocery store called Publix. Walking is showing 15 min and with kids and bags I don't want to do that. Can we ask Uber to wait while we quickly pick the few essential items?

Any better way?

We will take an uber from the airport and stop at the Outlet mall, and i just googled that half mile of the outlet is a grocery store called Publix. Walking is showing 15 min and with kids and bags I don't want to do that. Can we ask Uber to wait while we quickly pick the few essential items?

Any better way?

You can ask, but the "meter" would still be running...

The average person can walk a 10 to 15 minute mile. It might make more sense for one of you to walk from the outlet to the store, while the other requests the uber from the outlet, to drive to the grocery store, and then pick the grocery getter up.

Or see if Publix offers "click and pull", where you order online and request a pickup time. Then it's just a matter of having the uber pull up and get the groceries loaded.

Instacart. We used it last time we stayed at the Polynesian (we forgot to bring diapers, wipes and Food pouches). No problem with them meeting us at the front of the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter