Online Check In for the August 9th Cruise (Update in 1st post)

I'm pretty sure it didn't specify, but I could be wrong.
I'm wondering if that's one of the reasons it's taking so long to upload - would be helpful if they specified a recommended file type and file size limits as that could improve upload times.

I'm wondering if that's one of the reasons it's taking so long to upload - would be helpful if they specified a recommended file type and file size limits as that could improve upload times.
That's a good point! It could be.

Yes, that would be the thought, but you can't go on to PAT and Cruise Contract until the information section is done. Those 2 sections were "temporarily locked" until you finished the pictures. They don't make it easy! And trust me, it doesn't save time! :rotfl:
Perhaps an "enhancement" for post COVID cruising? 🤣

OP, apparently you are much braver than me because I would never have the nerve to go on the first sailing without knowing Disney’s Covid protocols and having no information from Disney at this time. Some pieces of your initial post were concerning to me, so for me I’ll definitely be waiting it out to read about others’ experiences even though I miss the ship so much. 😢
Happy for you that you were able to check in and sounds like you will be sailing!

Question, like everyone else. I’m not sailing until Fall of 2022. I realize it’s a long way out (unfortunately), however my TA through DU has been absolutely WONDERFUL!! I’ve moved my cruise THREE times and due to price increase switched to two staterooms as opposed to one in the Concierge category (sigh, I’m not happy about this, but at hopefully this cruise will actually happen). Here’s my question, please forgive me if it’s already been addressed. Those that have done the online check in…how do they do your credit card that’s associated with your Key To The World Card? The last few times I sailed, I’ve presented the card I wish to use at check in. Not sure if it’s actually safe putting credit card information out online??? I’m old, so not “up” on the new stuff.

I would not be worried about entering your CC number on the Disney website. The data will be encrypted and will not be visible to any third parties.

On most websites you can see a little lock icon in the address bar like this

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 7.35.06 PM.png

That's how you can tell your data is encrypted. It means the website you are on is using "secure"

Did anyone see what the file types for upload are allowed? I already have our passports scanned as PDF, but with the wording of picture, I am curious if it needs to be a JPG or if PDF will work.
I tried pdf scans and failed. I tried jpg scans and ultimately succeeded. I was one of the lucky ones, I managed to complete check in for the four us in less than four-and-a-half hours.

I did get the 1:00 PAT and boarding group 3. We are only silver, this is #5, so I am thrilled with the results.

I tried pdf scans and failed. I tried jpg scans and ultimately succeeded. I was one of the lucky ones, I managed to complete check in for the four us in less than four-and-a-half hours.

I did get the 1:00 PAT and boarding group 3. We are only silver, this is #5, so I am thrilled with the results.
Thank you. I will get jpg's ready for my checking in a few weeks.

Can someone who has done the check in please clarify the picture upload? Do you need any head shot or does it have to be the actual passport photo from the passport?
This is interesting to me. My most recent RCL cruise disembarked March 2nd 2020 - so as COVID was locking things down. Even then on RCL you uploaded a photo on white/off white background. I was surprised they took the photos we submitted. Embarkation on The Enchantment of the Seas was SO MUCH smoother than two years prior on the larger Liberty of the Seas. I'm sure ship size was a factor, but I can't help but think the photo upload also helped.

OP, apparently you are much braver than me because I would never have the nerve to go on the first sailing without knowing Disney’s Covid protocols and having no information from Disney at this time. Some pieces of your initial post were concerning to me, so for me I’ll definitely be waiting it out to read about others’ experiences even though I miss the ship so much. 😢
Happy for you that you were able to check in and sounds like you will be sailing!
I didn't really plan this to be the first sailing. Originally my summer plans were Vegas next week(anniversary) and then there was chatter about cruises might start up in July. Hmm??? Also during this time my DS moved to the WDW area. I looked into flights and found we could do 3 nights in WDW, visiting with DS and then add on this 4 nights cruise...if it sails. I've even booked a back up 4 night hotel reservation in case it doesn't. This was May 1st and I never thought we would really get to this point or be the first ones. And we still may not be, who knows? As for the protocols I'm just telling myself to go with the punches on this cruise(not easy for me). This isn't my typical big summer trip, its a "I'm lucky to be on a ship" type of trip, just 4 nights, and I can deal with it. That doesn't mean I wont be disappointed in stuff and I'm sure I wont love everything about it, but I think for me, being on the ship will make up for those parts. :)

Question, like everyone else. I’m not sailing until Fall of 2022. I realize it’s a long way out (unfortunately), however my TA through DU has been absolutely WONDERFUL!! I’ve moved my cruise THREE times and due to price increase switched to two staterooms as opposed to one in the Concierge category (sigh, I’m not happy about this, but at hopefully this cruise will actually happen). Here’s my question, please forgive me if it’s already been addressed. Those that have done the online check in…how do they do your credit card that’s associated with your Key To The World Card? The last few times I sailed, I’ve presented the card I wish to use at check in. Not sure if it’s actually safe putting credit card information out online??? I’m old, so not “up” on the new stuff.
We have always entered our CC info online at check in, and I believe it's on our WDW account too. I know nothing is 100% safe but I figure you gotta do what you gotta do. ;) I'm not sure if the online check in process would let you go on though if you skipped it, but you could surely try.

This is interesting to me. My most recent RCL cruise disembarked March 2nd 2020 - so as COVID was locking things down. Even then on RCL you uploaded a photo on white/off white background. I was surprised they took the photos we submitted. Embarkation on The Enchantment of the Seas was SO MUCH smoother than two years prior on the larger Liberty of the Seas. I'm sure ship size was a factor, but I can't help but think the photo upload also helped.
This is interesting. I haven't felt the embarkation process was difficult at all with DCL. Our longest wait is usually security. Then we enter the terminal and walk to the check in desk at the back for platinum and concierge. Usually within 5 minutes we are done, 10 tops if there is a line. The actual picture takes a matter of seconds. Then we go wait for boarding to start, which we usually time so we are close to that. Being group 1 we just walk right on around 11:30/11:45. The process they describe in the email seems pretty much the same as what I experience, only with out the picture. So I guess if people are used to getting a later time and having a hard time at the terminal this will be good for them, however its the opposite for me. ;) Now I have to wait til 1 to even arrive at the port, then start the process. I'm hoping to be on board by 1:45, so I only lose a couple hours of that first day.

I didn't really plan this to be the first sailing. Originally my summer plans were Vegas next week(anniversary) and then there was chatter about cruises might start up in July. Hmm??? Also during this time my DS moved to the WDW area. I looked into flights and found we could do 3 nights in WDW, visiting with DS and then add on this 4 nights cruise...if it sails. I've even booked a back up 4 night hotel reservation in case it doesn't. This was May 1st and I never thought we would really get to this point or be the first ones. And we still may not be, who knows? As for the protocols I'm just telling myself to go with the punches on this cruise(not easy for me). This isn't my typical big summer trip, its a "I'm lucky to be on a ship" type of trip, just 4 nights, and I can deal with it. That doesn't mean I wont be disappointed in stuff and I'm sure I wont love everything about it, but I think for me, being on the ship will make up for those parts. :)

We have always entered our CC info online at check in, and I believe it's on our WDW account too. I know nothing is 100% safe but I figure you gotta do what you gotta do. ;) I'm not sure if the online check in process would let you go on though if you skipped it, but you could surely try.

This is interesting. I haven't felt the embarkation process was difficult at all with DCL. Our longest wait is usually security. Then we enter the terminal and walk to the check in desk at the back for platinum and concierge. Usually within 5 minutes we are done, 10 tops if there is a line. The actual picture takes a matter of seconds. Then we go wait for boarding to start, which we usually time so we are close to that. Being group 1 we just walk right on around 11:30/11:45. The process they describe in the email seems pretty much the same as what I experience, only with out the picture. So I guess if people are used to getting a later time and having a hard time at the terminal this will be good for them, however its the opposite for me. ;) Now I have to wait til 1 to even arrive at the port, then start the process. I'm hoping to be on board by 1:45, so I only lose a couple hours of that first day.

your sig :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So I have a random question. Can your citizenship documents be your birth certificate or must they be your passport? I’m kind of freaking out a bit now that we might not get our passports in time for when we can check in. When we applied the lady who did our paperwork told me 12-14 weeks so I did not expedite it, dumb me I probably should have now I’m hearing it’s taking 18 weeks.

So I have a random question. Can your citizenship documents be your birth certificate or must they be your passport? I’m kind of freaking out a bit now that we might not get our passports in time for when we can check in. When we applied the lady who did our paperwork told me 12-14 weeks so I did not expedite it, dumb me I probably should have now I’m hearing it’s taking 18 weeks.

You can use an original or copy of your state-issued birth certificate AND Government-issued photo ID. Here is DCL's info.
Passport and Travel Documentation | Disney Cruise Line (go.com)

I’ve moved my cruise THREE times and due to price increase switched to two staterooms as opposed to one in the Concierge category (sigh, I’m not happy about this, but at hopefully this cruise will actually happen).

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened too (although obviously I'm sorry it happened to anyone). I couldn't just keep pouring money into keeping the concierge room and pushing off the cruise. Although that being said, DS will now be 7.5 instead of 5.5 when we go, and I'll be more comfortable sharing the room with just him rather than my dad, his partner and DS (too crowded!!). Still bitter in theory though!!

JWelch62…So THAT’S what the little lock means!!! I had absolutely no idea!! Thank you!! I love learning new things!!

Calantha…I, too, am glad that I’m not alone in the switching/pushing back (I’m sure there are others). I feel like you, Disney had my money long enough, I know that it’s not their fault, but with the steep price increase, I really couldn’t justify spending that much more. I’m still getting a Veranda and the rooms won’t be crowded. Some things I just won’t budge on!!

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

I know others have mentioned this but they do have your credit card already. Putting it in when you check in online should make things smoother. Nothing it 100% safe and this may make you feel worse but so much of your information is already online. The good thing is by using a credit card you have certain protections from fraud through your credit card company.
It sounds like some of these changes will make boarding faster and who doesn't want to get on the ship faster :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter