Online Check In for the August 9th Cruise (Update in 1st post)

Can someone who has done the check in please clarify the picture upload? Do you need any head shot or does it have to be the actual passport photo from the passport?

Both! :) Each guest needs a photo of Citizenship Documentation AND a headshot. 2 uploads per person.

Those who are cruising with people not from your household doing about getting passport photos from those people? Are color photos satisfactory? Sure would be nice if Disney provided some explanation on this.

Lucky you! Its been 29 hours for us and nothing yet. Ugh!

And we got 1:00. It almost seems 1:00 was the earliest they were offering from what I've heard others get. I wonder how many people have no idea they should be checking in. In fairness the site had said we would be notified when its time to check in and we weren't.
Which boarding group does 1:00 align with? I'm wondering if there is still a little platinum benefit in there if you are still able to get 1:00. Maybe all Platinums can get the earliest time regardless of whether they were first in line to check in?

Those who are cruising with people not from your household doing about getting passport photos from those people? Are color photos satisfactory? Sure would be nice if Disney provided some explanation on this.
Yes it would be! :) Finding out after waking up at midnight to do this was not ideal. ;)
As for other guests, I'm not sure of the best way. Maybe have them log into your account to do theirs? Someone else may have a better idea.

Which boarding group does 1:00 align with? I'm wondering if there is still a little platinum benefit in there if you are still able to get 1:00. Maybe all Platinums can get the earliest time regardless of whether they were first in line to check in?
We got Boarding group 3. I don't think that was because of being Platinum because I've seen reports from at least 1 other who is not Platinum but also got 1:00/3. I just chose 1:00 because it was the earliest available.

Thanks for the info! maybe a silly question but did you get an email / message telling you "hey we are doing online check in on July 9/10" with a link? Thx!

I would hope so! At the very least I think they are hoping to sail. :goodvibes
Yes, as of now we can move the sail date up until 15 days out, which is great for those who don't like the protocols...whatever those may be.
I'm watching closely. I'm ready to cancel my MSC cruise in December and book the Dream. I've got 5-day tickets to WDW to use. A four-night cruise and 5 night trip to WDW would make a nice pre-holiday trip.

I'm very disappointed in DCL with my UK staycation experience. 15 cruises down and I'm seriously considering trying elsewhere. We haven't even stepped on the ship yet and we have spent 8 hours on hold to book this cruise, 7 qnd a half hours to check in.... and we couldn't even get kids club availability to cover a single thing we have booked - so potentially someone in our party will now need to miss out on Palo or one of the tastings we have booked.

everything I’ve read said the pat is also your boarding. You arrive, no checkin, go through security, covid testing and other checks (no one knows about other protocol) and you go right onboard. no One knows yet if they will ask if you voluntarily can show your fax card yet, or other type of protocol from other cruise lines. Still waiting for those US guidelines.

according to the UK cruisers, there was no platinum boarding perk nor any platinum pat perk. (I’m platinum, so watching all this info as it unfolds and possibly changes). Btw, reading that there is no chocolate on your pillow at night. Oh the horror, I’ll have to bring my own! Folks should read the UK cruise thread to read some firsthand reports.

Can someone who has done the check in please clarify the picture upload? Do you need any head shot or does it have to be the actual passport photo from the passport?
I’d like to know this as well. Do they want the whole passport page? Or just the photo?

We don’t sail until November, and I’m trying to not get too excited, but I watched an old episode of The Love Boat and honestly just the little snippet of video showing the hull slice through the waves just made me miss cruising again.

I’d like to know this as well. Do they want the whole passport page? Or just the photo?

We don’t sail until November, and I’m trying to not get too excited, but I watched an old episode of The Love Boat and honestly just the little snippet of video showing the hull slice through the waves just made me miss cruising again.

Maybe this will help. This was posted by another user on social media for the August 9th cruise check-in:

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed in DCL with my UK staycation experience. 15 cruises down and I'm seriously considering trying elsewhere. We haven't even stepped on the ship yet and we have spent 8 hours on hold to book this cruise, 7 qnd a half hours to check in.... and we couldn't even get kids club availability to cover a single thing we have booked - so potentially someone in our party will now need to miss out on Palo or one of the tastings we have booked.
That’s understandably frustrating! Has there been any word on onboard availability? I know in past cruises the desk had openings for everything bookable once onboard. I know pre closure it got so if we booked late I never bothered to stalk ‘sold out’ activities and instead just stopped at the desk and got everything we wanted

That’s understandably frustrating! Has there been any word on onboard availability? I know in past cruises the desk had openings for everything bookable once onboard. I know pre closure it got so if we booked late I never bothered to stalk ‘sold out’ activities and instead just stopped at the desk and got everything we wanted
People on the test cruises were able to book additional slots but these were sailing with fewer passengers so will need to wait for the cruises to officially start to get more of an idea. (Also worth adding that I believe the desk is by appointment via the app only, you can’t just walk up anymore)

Thanks for the info! maybe a silly question but did you get an email / message telling you "hey we are doing online check in on July 9/10" with a link? Thx!
No, the message on the website had been saying something like the UK cruisers can check in 30 days prior, all other sailings will be notified of when. Friday I noticed that was changed to, you can check in for your cruise 30 days in advance (which was midnight, Fri night/Sat morning). We were never notified.

Just to clarify, your security photo can't be the same as your passport photo. You need 2 ]nt ].. B b
Yes, 2 photos per person.

I'm watching closely. I'm ready to cancel my MSC cruise in December and book the Dream. I've got 5-day tickets to WDW to use. A four-night cruise and 5 night trip to WDW would make a nice pre-holiday trip.
Oh fun! Do it! :)

I'm sorry to hear that. it does sound very disappointing. I hope it does work out for you.

Last edited:
Did anyone see what the file types for upload are allowed? I already have our passports scanned as PDF, but with the wording of picture, I am curious if it needs to be a JPG or if PDF will work.

everything I’ve read said the pat is also your boarding. You arrive, no checkin, go through security, covid testing and other checks (no one knows about other protocol) and you go right onboard. no One knows yet if they will ask if you voluntarily can show your fax card yet, or other type of protocol from other cruise lines. Still waiting for those US guidelines.

according to the UK cruisers, there was no platinum boarding perk nor any platinum pat perk. (I’m platinum, so watching all this info as it unfolds and possibly changes). Btw, reading that there is no chocolate on your pillow at night. Oh the horror, I’ll have to bring my own! Folks should read the UK cruise thread to read some firsthand reports.
Yes, we got an email overnight saying our information was reviewed and verified and it gave the whole spiel about showing our information at the port. Which really, that is all we ever do at the port anyway. We never have a line at check in, maybe 5 minutes, then it takes about 3 minutes at the desk and we are done. The email made it sound like it's the same thing (minus the 7 seconds for the photos that took 12 hours to upload ;) ). But if we need tests at the port, that is going to take longer. The email doesn't mention it, but who knows? We were given Boarding Group 3 so if that is the same as my PAT time of 1:00, there is no way I can arrive at the port at 1:00, park, go through security, show our documents, and board the ship at 1:00. Also, I watched a video from a girl on the UK sailings. if I heard her right she arrived at 12;30 and boarded at 3:00. UGH!
And yes, that is correct, there is no platinum boarding group 1 perk. Everyone but concierge has to choose a time. Concierge gets group 1.
No chocolate??? No I have an issue! ;)

The passport page. And another photo of a headshot, not the passport photo. 2 photos per person.
I love the Love Boat! So cheezy! :)

How do you upload a picture??? I am computer illiterate old school
I'm not good at explaining that stuff...Im not good at doing it. DCL's site was not cooperating for any of us so that didn't help. Maybe someone can give you a better answer than me. Or you might want to go to the Tech Board here and ask. Someone who knows the right words may be able to explain it better.

so maybe you don't need to do this in advance? It say "to save time..."
Yes, that would be the thought, but you can't go on to PAT and Cruise Contract until the information section is done. Those 2 sections were "temporarily locked" until you finished the pictures. They don't make it easy! And trust me, it doesn't save time! :rotfl:

Did anyone see what the file types for upload are allowed? I already have our passports scanned as PDF, but with the wording of picture, I am curious if it needs to be a JPG or if PDF will work.

I'm pretty sure it didn't specify, but I could be wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter