• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Check In for the August 9th Cruise (Update in 1st post)

To me this seems like true 2021 Disney. Let's give them less for the same price. Upload your own documents, take your own photos, and get on the ship later. Sure the documents is not that big of a deal, except that CamColt had to spend 12 hours trying to do it. I mean my off time is wirth a lot of money, I'm sure everybody else's off time is very valuable too. Then take the few hours later that you can get on the ship. This is time that you are being charged for, but not getting.
It’s most likely to cut down on check in time and reduce the number of people in the terminal. We all know when Disney puts something new on a website it doesn’t go well. I remember trying to make park reservations the first day they implemented it. It was an all day project. I’ll never forget the pink castle that spun for hours.

It’s most likely to cut down on check in time and reduce the number of people in the terminal.
I was going to say the same. They probably need to limit/control the number of people in the cruise terminal due to COVID. There are enough Platinum guests that this could be problematic if everyone showed up at once.

What will be interesting to see is if Concierge guests also have to select a PAT.

Thanks. Of course, we would go ahead and check everyone else in except him if we had to in order to get a decent arrival time. He's an adult and I told him to get his renewal done MONTHS AGO when we had to wait four months to even get an appointment for our two teenagers.
Unfortunately, it does not let you go on without completing that step.

I’ll be curious to learn how they’ll be handling PAT for those arriving by DCL bus.
One person I know on DCL transfers didn’t have to pick a time but got group 2.

I was going to say the same. They probably need to limit/control the number of people in the cruise terminal due to COVID. There are enough Platinum guests that this could be problematic if everyone showed up at once.

What will be interesting to see is if Concierge guests also have to select a PAT.
At least 1 person I have talked, who is concierge, did not need to. She got group 1.

I would put cash money on this being an update for the Magic sailings in the UK that has bled into other sailings because Disney IT is why it is

It’s most likely to cut down on check in time and reduce the number of people in the terminal. We all know when Disney puts something new on a website it doesn’t go well. I remember trying to make park reservations the first day they implemented it. It was an all day project. I’ll never forget the pink castle that spun for hours.
I remember that first park reservation day, too! In the end, we had to cancel, but it took me hours. So, that’s something that has gotten better, good thought!

Prepopulated fields for the passports worked for me but not DH or DS. My husband's name kept coming up the last 4 letters only, and my son's was totally messed up. Birthdate was random, the passport number had letters in it, last name was wrong....I changed my husband's info but left his alone. The frustration had gotten to me at that point.

Has the PAT perk been eliminated for platinum in the list of perks? That is my husband's absolute favorite perk. He has a thing about being early and I am afraid this small change will literally make him switch lines. We were able to get Boarding Group 3.

Prepopulated fields for the passports worked for me but not DH or DS. My husband's name kept coming up the last 4 letters only, and my son's was totally messed up. Birthdate was random, the passport number had letters in it, last name was wrong....I changed my husband's info but left his alone. The frustration had gotten to me at that point.

Has the PAT perk been eliminated for platinum in the list of perks? That is my husband's absolute favorite perk. He has a thing about being early and I am afraid this small change will literally make him switch lines. We were able to get Boarding Group 3.

I've been reading everything on this. Also platinum and that perk is not being used. Everyone gets a pat. Once you arrive, no checkin. Only tests covid & security then you board immediately. Your room keys are on your fish hanger when you get to your cabin.

I've been reading everything on this. Also platinum and that perk is not being used. Everyone gets a pat. Once you arrive, no checkin. Only tests covid & security then you board immediately. Your room keys are on your fish hanger when you get to your cabin.
Oh very interesting! So if they are not calling groups, maybe DH will never notice!

I’d wait for a few months of new procedures before calling it a ‘removed perk’ because for all we know once they have months of use they may figure out a way to give it back- it’s just on hiatus :)

I was watching videos on the UK cruise that just sailed.
They were letting in a handful of guests into the atrium a few at a time, they walked you to the spot they wanted you to stand in.
They said a few words then directed you where you could go.

The KTTW cards were on the fish waiting for you in an envelope when you got to your room, so no check in line at the port. That must be why they want pictures in advance.

Cabanas has 5 stations set-up with the same food at each, they walk you over to the food when the family before you finishes.

Disney is actively reviewing online checkins from yesterday. I received an email that my picture was not accepted and have to resubmit. I might have had my glasses on which was not allowed.

The KTTW cards were on the fish waiting for you in an envelope when you got to your room, so no check in line at the port. That must be why they want pictures in advance.

this is one Im mixed emotion about. It’s like I get it BUT I don’t necessarily like it because it’s too trusting on those walking down the hall first to not disturb others cards when those cards are important..

Plus for those who like to arrange Palo around their rotation it’s longer wait to know what needs to adjust?

DH's birthday was wrong but I thought it was just a glitch for us. I guess not. Weird! And I agree I am very disappointed about losing that Platinum perk. Not disappointed enough to not sail, LOL, but getting in a full day on the first day was huge to us, especially on a 4 night cruise. By 1:00 I'm usually on board, done with lunch and at the adult pool bar having my dessert, a BBC. ;)

Disney is actively reviewing online checkins from yesterday. I received an email that my picture was not accepted and have to resubmit. I might have had my glasses on which was not allowed.
Thanks for the update. That is good to know. Good luck with your next picture.

This is actually very promising. I would hope they would not be doing that if there were any plans to cancel.

Of course an official announcement would be nice...

this is one Im mixed emotion about. It’s like I get it BUT I don’t necessarily like it because it’s too trusting on those walking down the hall first to not disturb others cards when those cards are important..

Plus for those who like to arrange Palo around their rotation it’s longer wait to know what needs to adjust?
I thought the same thng...is that safe/smart? DH had another concern about not having the card before the rooms are ready, how do you buy drinks? :rotfl: At lunch they are always walking around selling drinks and water/beer packages. I wonder if there will be a way to pay with your phone? And I will say it again....DCL TELL US SOMETHING!!!

On the UK cruises, all aboard / departure time is approx 6pm, and the PAT times seem to be from 1pm to 5pm, so rooms are ready when most people board the ship. So then you go to your room straight after boarding, and collect your KTTW card and THEN go to lunch , to the bar etc

Also PAT times are now basically your boarding time, as at the ports for the UK cruises its Vaccine Verification, then Covid Test and then security and straight onto the ship, with waiting in the cruise terminal to board.

After being at it for several hours, and getting 3 out of the four of us done, we had to give up as we had stuff to do last night. We finally completed it about 1am. End result....very late PAT :furious:. You suck, DCL.

Edit to add: I don't know what the earliest PAT they gave out is, perhaps it's all pushed back. We did get boarding group 4.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter