Online check in AND legroom seats?

Was actually discussing this with my sis , and said a similar thing, there must be lots who haven't done the online seat reservations, yet it shows almost fully booked...she said it must be something along the lines of when you book, they may semi-allocate seats for you, so you at least get to sit together...or something along those lines!! lol (if none of that made sense, blame this headache i have!)

I am waiting to get a reply email from virgin about this...if indeed it looks like we will have to sit seperately, I very much fear she will cancel the trip, which would probably mean the same for me too, or sort out single room extra etc etc etc.

I am probably getting paranoid over nothing , but it is a worry

not all seats are available to reserve when you log into the booking, they save some for check in on the day and online check in so dont worry if now you can request seats together as more will be free when you check in

Unless the flight is really full as yours is, 40% of the available sates plus the extra legroom, plus the rows 25 to 29 are held back for OLCI.
However, whne a flight is as booked as yours, the 40% are released and the only ones held back are the extra legroom, emergency exit seats and the setas in rows 25-29 that have not been prereserved for disabled families.

You need to get to twilight checkin as soon as you can (as because the flight is so full, OLCI wont help you much) and see if they can get you seats together, but be aware, that families with babies, families with disabled passengers then families with children come before adults when seating together.
As the extra legrrom seats are only £30, it would be worth asking for those and sitting together.

Yes, no seat is pre reserved (apart from the families with special needs) rather pre requested, that is why the seats show "booked" as each passenger has a sets for reference to the computer.

Hi Obi Wan

I am going to florida (Orlando) with Virgin in September booked with Virgin Hols for 5 adults and a child. We are currently travelling economy but would like to know if you could pay or use our miles at the twilight check in to upgrade to PE or UC, or is this not possible because we booked with Virgin Hols?

Hi Obi Wan

I am going to florida (Orlando) with Virgin in September booked with Virgin Hols for 5 adults and a child. We are currently travelling economy but would like to know if you could pay or use our miles at the twilight check in to upgrade to PE or UC, or is this not possible because we booked with Virgin Hols?

AFAIR as you have booked with Virgin hols, the class of ticket (officially) is not upgradeable.
However, you should be able to upgrade at the airport if seats are available, but I don't know the cost.
hopefully someone will come along, but Its not cheap for five of you.
UC will be very expensive, and there are normally not that many UC seats free.
Sorry no, you can't use your miles, as the booking is with VH not VA.

Whats your flight details?

Thanks Obi Wan

Travelling on the 3 Sep on VS027 and back on the 13 Sep

Thanks Obi Wan

Travelling on the 3 Sep on VS027 and back on the 13 Sep

Well, 3rd sept
UC all ('s
PE all 9's
Economy however all 4's

Seat map
Only 4 in UC
2 singles showing in PE so VH allocation wide open
20 seats mostly singles showing free in economy

So upgrades at airport should eb available

13 sept VS15
only 1 showing in UC
9's in PE
zero in Economy

Seat map
3 seats showing free in UC
4 seats showing in PE as well as VH allocation not taken (On top of 4 free seats)
Zero seats available in Economy

So, I would imagine they would like to get people to upgrade to PE at least to take the pressure off Economy as all airlines overbook.

What are there extra legroom seats for £30 - are they exit row seats? and how many are there? If available i might book for November?

exit seats are £50 and the £30 are only around 15 seats from what I have been told and cant be prebooked, they have to be done at check in

DBF and I would like to purchase extra-legroom seats at check-in, if possible. Could anyone please tell me how early we'd have to get to the desk to be given the best chance? Thanks! :goodvibes

DBF and I would like to purchase extra-legroom seats at check-in, if possible. Could anyone please tell me how early we'd have to get to the desk to be given the best chance? Thanks! :goodvibes

If you are flying from Gatwick get to Twilight checkin when it opens.
If flying from Manchester when the desks opens, usually 3-4 hours before lift off.

Or failuing that try to get either a paid upgrde to PE or see what the cost is for an upgrade if flying through VH to PE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter