Online Booking coming to DVC for real

I'm not sure why this announcement should be any more believable than the 3-4 others that used exactly the same words several YEARS ago!! The last time I went to the annual meeting was about 2004, and they were promising it within the year then!:confused3

I'm not sure why this announcement should be any more believable than the 3-4 others that used exactly the same words several YEARS ago!! The last time I went to the annual meeting was about 2004, and they were promising it within the year then!:confused3

Thanks, that makes me feel much better. When I think of how hard it was to book online at midnight for Palo on DCL, how stressful it was,how it took 20 minutes before the site would even say, "oh, yeah- you ARE on the cruise"- I would hate to have to have that experience everytime I wanted to try for something "special" with DVC- like AKV concierge or a GV.:scared1:

Suggestion...

If you don't want it, head over to the member site and send them an email.

One of the things these boards have pointed out to me is that those of us who are HAPPY with current things don't make a point to be heard. (See the "I want booking categories at SSR campaign") So Disney may have a view that tends to be "biased" by the organized campaigns. DVC does not really seem to do sampling etc... so speak up!

I am not sure how I feel on this so I am not sending an email.

I can't IMAGINE trusting my points to Disney's Web Services. Disney seems to lack in online booking, for sure. When I decided to book my first adult trip to WDW for myself and my DH in 2007, I went to site expecting to book a MYW online flawlessly because I've been booking hotels and trips and buying concert tix online since I was 20 with NO problems (think back to the AOL. Compuserv, pay by minute days of dial up even!)

Needless to say, I ended up calling the 407 line, booking my trip the old fashioned way and all was well. I can't IMAGINE trusting DVCMember site with online booking. Availability checking would be fine, but not booking! We shall see.

I have very mixed emotions about this. On one hand, if Disney gets the website functioning properly, this would be a HUGE convenience for members. On the other hand, this is a huge 'if.' Disney is famous for having website challenges, so if the site can get function without issue, this would be a big plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter