One Day at WDW Trip Report

If you had one day at WDW which park(s) would you visit?

• Magic Kingdom

• Epcot

• Hollywood Studios

• Animal Kingdom

• Typhoon Lagoon

• Blizzard Beach

Results are only viewable after voting.
The plan we talked about was to head to Magic Kingdom by monorail for the fireworks and memories projection on the castle. This is an amazing show. But the storm looked bad and we were already so tired that we petered and decided to head back to the Hilton. We decided to save the fireworks for the cruise.

So long Minnie - see you on the Fantasy
57.jpg

Do I recommend a one day trip to Disney World?

Absolutely, It was so much fun and I felt like I saw enough of Disney to get my fix for awhile. It did take a bit of planning and it can be challenging to narrow it down to what we absolutely wanted to do. I admit it was weird not going to Magic Kingdom, but I know I will be back to Disney again so I have no regrets.

What did I see that was new (to me) this trip?

Yak and Yeti Restaurant at Animal Kingdom
Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT
Le Cellier in Canada
Theming along the water in front of the countries
Flower Power Concert with the Monkees' Micky Dolenz

Other thoughts?

The new fastpass system will be hard for me to get used to. I admit I abused it before so now I have to adjust my touring plans.

Next time I will stay on property. Even though it was just one night I still missed the resorts on property.

All in all this One Day at Walt Disney World was a blast and I highly recommend it for others considering adding a day to a cruise or have some other reason you can only commit one day to the World.

Great quick report! I also just fiinished reading your's and your sister's trip report from the Fantasy. Incredible! And I really appreciate you both taking the time to post.

I too LOVE the Flower & Garden Festival. The best thing about EPCOT for me!
:cool1::wizard::woohoo:

I am curious what you are referring to about the new Fast Pass sytem. Have they changed it? :(
When was your last visit?
We are headed to Magic Kingdom for my DD 5th Birthday in Jan. We had season passes in 2011 and went several times. But this year was all about the cruise!:dance3:

Great quick report! I also just fiinished reading your's and your sister's trip report from the Fantasy. Incredible! And I really appreciate you both taking the time to post.

I too LOVE the Flower & Garden Festival. The best thing about EPCOT for me!
:cool1::wizard::woohoo:

I am curious what you are referring to about the new Fast Pass sytem. Have they changed it? :(
When was your last visit?
We are headed to Magic Kingdom for my DD 5th Birthday in Jan. We had season passes in 2011 and went several times. But this year was all about the cruise!:dance3:

Thanks!

They are beta testing a new RFID system. I think they are putting the RFID chips into wrist bands for people to wear. So the fastpass system will all be computerized. I admit I used to abuse the old system where you could collect a bunch of fastpasses and use them anytime after your return time on the ticket. They didn't enforce the return time. I also used to give my unused fastpasses away to others. But with it becoming computerized we won't be able to do that anymore. I bet you will see the new fast pass system in place when you go in January.

I am thinking of getting an annual pass starting in October - I am moving back to Florida in a few weeks so I'll be elligible for the Florida discount. So excited. I haven't had a Florida pass since I was a kid. But knowing my sister and me, I think we will definitely use the passes.

We already have another day at Disney planned for October. We'll be staying at the Boardwalk and going to the Food and Wine Festival! First time at the Boardwalk and first time at Food and Wine Festival. Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter