onboard booking

kasar

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me why the price quoted to us onboard (which included $600 discount + $100 on board credit) is more than the price that I just got off the DCL website for the same dates/category?

Is it worth changing to a travel agency when they already have $800 deposit? How is that even possible that we wouldn't get the best price available while we're on their own boat???

I have no idea why its more, but can you call DCL and ask them? If the price is really lower, I don't see why they can't adjust it for you. You should keep your credit.

Did they include insurance or transfers on the price you received on the ship?

Yes, we always use transfers and insurance. After speaking with them, it seems that the early booking rate is the same as the on-board booking rate. To me, that doesn't seem right. They made it seem like we would be getting a fantastic rate onboard and so we spent valuable vacation time waiting to book.

I think the onboard rate should be a better deal than the rate anyone can receive online. We travel during school vacation week, so I know they can sell our room for much higher rates, but we should get some incentive for being repeat cruisers, right?

Just rambling thoughts......

I always thought the special incentive was the $100 or $200 booking credit, also you can transfer to a travel agent (Like DU for their special rebate) and keep the credit.

The agent on board also said we can call back if we see the price lower....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter